Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Haquer posted:

Sounds terrible

It's optimized pretty well, combat is fun, there's a lot of different type of classes, and my ShenDao dude actually flew on his sword like everyone is supposed to in wuxia. Good enough for a laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CvHRErVsyM

no idea why the game looks like rear end in his video but what ever.

that actually looks pretty fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress i posted a genuine post about an MMO in the MMO forum

poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

eonwe posted:

gently caress i posted a genuine post about an MMO in the MMO forum

poo poo

you genuin post in anime, gybob, and all of sa

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
So i am playing wushu too, has anyone even played any of the new eight schools? I'm playing the retooled shaolin and it is p coooooool

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Almond Crunch posted:

So i am playing wushu too, has anyone even played any of the new eight schools? I'm playing the retooled shaolin and it is p coooooool

I went with the beast school and was the first person the server to have a pet elephant and I had a giant eagle for day! Then I'd summon the elephant and put up my stall so it covered up neighboring stalls because why not?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

eonwe posted:

that actually looks pretty fun

It reminds me of the PvP fights in Blade and Soul, which could be fun except against summoners, commonly agreed to be the overpowered bullshit class at the time I played (and everyone started playing them because of that).

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I went with the beast school and was the first person the server to have a pet elephant and I had a giant eagle for day! Then I'd summon the elephant and put up my stall so it covered up neighboring stalls because why not?

That's just the faction, no? I'm talking about the new schools

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Almond Crunch posted:

I was playing wushu again for a good three months or so recently so I might be able to help. The 8 new hidden schools are sister branches of the existing 8 schools. If you are a member of the associated school you can join/leave the faction and keep your main school skills.
I was scholar so I (accidentally) joined the Mt. Hua faction. It has two sets both heavily focused on 1v1 combos. 1st set is internal. entirely focused on a knockup>air knockdown>damage combo. If you get the combo off its hard to escape, but it has no versatility outside of that. Second set is a little harder to use but has some VERY high damage rages and charges. You get a few tools to give you openings for it including a three time use charge/stun, aoe pull/knockdown, silences. Only drawback is it is an external set.

You can look at all the sets on youtube if you search IXTHUA, honestly just pick what looks cool and go with it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Aww man they finally got a spear set? And a paintbrush set?

*eyes chinagame.exe*

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

angerbeet posted:

*eyes chinagame.exe*

Ho don't do it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

angerbeet posted:

*eyes chinagame.exe*

loving racist

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

*eyes chinagame.exe*

Enjoy grinding up to the 84848475th inner and 9494958748393 meridians just to use those sets and not die when sneezed on

Or just blow a giant wad of cash to chug pills to catch up, super cool and good

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
You forgot to spend $300 on liang so you can buy your gold/jade gear set for this month.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haquer posted:

Enjoy grinding up to the 84848475th inner and 9494958748393 meridians just to use those sets and not die when sneezed on

Or just blow a giant wad of cash to chug pills to catch up, super cool and good

I dunno man, I never had a wushu experience in which sneezes werent lethal

but also, these schools are accessible from the day the second inner opens, at which point the server is already generating blood plum daggers, so you can beeline to a jianghu inner

one more thing! at least on the chinese servers there is a sweet daily; a sign-in gift is a token that allows you to summon a weak possession RE. There are a few more surrounding bonuses that make it about as important as TP, but the fact is that the prizes on these things are abundant enough that by fourth inner, i only had to manually train one other school's inner (scholar cause you gotta get that mingyu) to keep up with all my meridians

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 13, 2017

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

SweetBro posted:

You forgot to spend $300 on liang so you can buy your gold/jade gear set for this month.

on the chinese servers, vip and a ding only costs about 20 bucks

the real question is, how is it that you nerds never got a private wushu server running

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

I dunno man, I never had a wushu experience in which sneezes werent lethal

I was one of the top non pay2wins in wushu toward the end and rarely died even from the p2w horde (mostly by flying horse management/when a fight was going south I'd pop the Jianghu Blade skill and Speed Up and fly the gently caress away with 12+ movement speed and HOLY poo poo did this piss off the viets because it was a coward tactic!!)

I also had maxed meridians and 2 of them at 144 (betrayed RG into beggars)

Almond Crunch posted:

the real question is, how is it that you nerds never got a private wushu server running

Basically the easiest way to make a private server is by having the main server leaked and nobody ever really hacked the game to dump the server, just rob people blind/weak password poo poo.

I mean there WAS a supposed leak by the other part is it's all written in Chinese and gently caress that poo poo.

Else you're stuck doing packet captures and syncing them to your actions/states in the game to figure out what does what and them emulating a private server and nobody gives a poo poo enough about wushu to do that poo poo.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Haquer I feel like you're not trying hard enough

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
well poo poo lemme just fire up wireshark and get to work

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Haquer posted:

when a fight was going south I'd pop the Jianghu Blade skill and Speed Up and fly the gently caress away with 12+ movement speed and HOLY poo poo did this piss off the viets because it was a coward tactic!!)

You have no honor. Shame on you.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Alexander DeLarge posted:

You have no honor. Shame on you.

pls give me some honor

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
#gethyped
http://massivelyop.com/2017/01/23/snail-games-tries-its-hand-at-a-zombie-mmo-with-moonlights/

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

quote:

Slow or fast, zombies never stop coming at you, and zombie games are much the same. Snail Games is making an attempt to join the growing league of online zombie survival titles with its own upcoming Moonlights.

Moonlights is a PC survival sandbox that takes place in China following a zombie apocalypse. Chinese landmarks will dot the background as players scavenge supplies, assemble weapons, and try to make it to the next day.

The name refers to how the zombies in this game come out at night but get all bashful and reclusive by day, similar to the film I Am Legend or most lethargic superheroes. Nocturnal zombies are an interesting twist for the game genre and could go a long way to making the day/night cycle feel more impactful. But we have to ask: what about solar eclipses?

what

the

gently caress

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

yes...YES

a genre of games notorious for its jank is having one made by snail of all people

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 24, 2017

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
tbf I'm way more interested in this than wushu 2

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
If the game used Wushu's martial arts, it would be great. I am guessing it won't though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

what

the

gently caress

I thought at first the zombie game was Age of Wushu, lurching around still.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I thought at first the zombie game was Age of Wushu, lurching around still.

:golfclap:

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

ponzicar posted:

If the game used Wushu's martial arts, it would be great. I am guessing it won't though.

this is the thing though; why has this mechanic never been copied (the hundreds of styles almost all roughly on the power curve, not the overt-feint-parry system)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Third World Reggin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CvHRErVsyM

no idea why the game looks like rear end in his video but what ever.

that looks balanced~ :grin:

he can just heal or w/e im looking at in that frenzy

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Almond Crunch posted:

this is the thing though; why has this mechanic never been copied (the hundreds of styles almost all roughly on the power curve, not the overt-feint-parry system)

Well first of all, you're flat out wrong there. They are nowhere near the same power curve. Back when I was playing they had the Jade Pack on steam which for $70 you would get some poo poo including one of three styles. Two of the styles: Headbutts and Dragon Slaps were arguably some of the most powerful in the game. The other one was one of the worst in the game. Ancient Tai Chi is OP as gently caress (but hard as hell to get so only P2W have it). Unicorn is a must have in almost any competitive PvP situation so players who start Wudang have a massive advantage as collecting it outside of Wudang requires either retard level luck in scroll stealing or like 10 Ding and a shitton of luck on the market place. Also good luck beating a competent tangman darts if you're not guards or have a really good gapcloser in your set (like headbutts does). Most schools have basically 1 style that's viable for PvP and the rest are either raid only or complete poo poo.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 28, 2017

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I think that's part of the reason it hasn't been attempted elsewhere either. It's hard enough for games to balance like 6 self contained classes. Trying to do that with like 60 different styles that anyone could get is a whole other level.

Also it's more work to make 60 animation sets than 6.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Does anyone know anything about this?

quote:

Sea Contents
In 2017, sailing and exploration of islands will be introduced into Moonlight Blade. According to the official announcement, the newly added nautical charts will be larger than the total land area of the world. There will be safety zones and pirate zones for players to explore. What’s more, players can expect to occupy islands and build different constructions.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I thought archage came out years ago? :confused:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Who's getting the wool this time?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Not me, I spent too much time growing fabrics for Reggin last time around.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill groom the wool

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Joke's on you guys, I picked up monster hunter 3U instead of going over to archage, and instead put hundreds of hours of my life into 3U, 4U and X/Gen

:negative:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if there was a monster hunter on pc id play it a lot probs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

eonwe posted:

if there was a monster hunter on pc id play it a lot probs

Capcom is a company run by retards that will never do this as much as I want them to.