Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
I'm torn between my hatred of online 'pranksters' and the stupidity of literal wrong think laws (paired with a literal thought re alignment camp). I'm just going to say the schadenfreude is on Europe for voluntarily having both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
e: Oops, I thought we were still talking about the Swiss woman.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Jan 12, 2017

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I'm torn between my hatred of online 'pranksters' and the stupidity of literal wrong think laws (paired with a literal thought re alignment camp). I'm just going to say the schadenfreude is on Europe for voluntarily having both.

This was a person staging verbal abuse, then moving the tirade onto bystanders. Nothing about wrong-think, everything about wrong-do.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What is life like, as a living caricature?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

lol

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011

This isn't a very bright post.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

your brain thinks wrong

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Somebody needs to work on his thinking skills.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

We had a golden retriever do this years ago. She definitely needed a bath afterwards

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

baw posted:

We had a golden retriever do this years ago. She definitely needed a bath afterwards

This, except not a golden retriever, but my brother.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Slugnoid posted:

your brain thinks wrong

Oh NOOOOOOO!!! That totally is offensive hate speech. Pay me $200, go to jail, and attend a class that makes you think properly as loosely defined by whomever is in power today. Call me when you have my money ready.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Oh NOOOOOOO!!! That totally is offensive hate speech. Pay me $200, go to jail, and attend a class that makes you think properly as loosely defined by whomever is in power today. Call me when you have my money ready.

I'm sorry your youtube prank channel didn't work out.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Your retard brain is not a protected characteristic so you have to suck it up.

I didn't think you could make a statement more stupid than your first one, but here we are.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sappo569 posted:

Wow that .... wow.

For the tl:dr crowd

Canadian-chinese business woman buys 200k car, puts basic insurance on it. Wrecks it near instantly and then demands a refund from the dealership

Also refuses to pay the 100+k repair bill and pulls the ' I can get that part cheaper!' Tactic

There's some serious poo poo going on at that dealer. There's no loving way that brake discs for a DB9 cost $30,000. $600, tops. They only made 100 of that James Bond model but who cares, it's the same discs as non-James-Bond DB9s and the same discs as the Vantage.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Guys wait. WHAT IF... The Nazis make some good points, and it's unfahahaha I can't finish that even as a joke.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Serious question, do they have freedom of speech in England? I know they don't have freedom of the press.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
If your gradient for something's inherent value depends on how similar it is to what you grew up with, you might be a bit of a dumb dumb

This doesn't just apply to Americans but there are so many of them it's bound to come up more often

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Serious question, do they have freedom of speech in England? I know they don't have freedom of the press.

We have a right to Free Speech which but with large exception for abusive or insulting words or behavior intending or likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace.

Because of a quirk that we've never written down our constitution on account of never being conquered in recent history means it's all based on common law. It's not really written down explicitly anywhere.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

spog posted:

At the end of the video they told people it was a ‘social experiment’, to demonstrate that people who witnessed racism would step in and intervene.

Sounds like a successful experiment!

spog posted:

‘Black c**nt’.

Black count?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ariong posted:

Black count?

It's a base 3/5 counting system

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's a base 3/5 counting system

:holymoley:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

There's some serious poo poo going on at that dealer. There's no loving way that brake discs for a DB9 cost $30,000. $600, tops. They only made 100 of that James Bond model but who cares, it's the same discs as non-James-Bond DB9s and the same discs as the Vantage.

The article said ceramic brakes, which are ridiculously expensive to begin with on any car, plus whatever crazy markup an out of warranty luxury car garage takes, plus a multiplier because it's Aston Martin. Just as an example, here are Porsche discs http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/99735103200AND99735103100.html

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Phanatic posted:

It was probably an all inclusive statement that got butchered by the media / lady whom is beyond cheap

The entire braking system probably needed replacement , for 30k

Cursory Internet search tells me a pair of front discs are 400-600 pounds

Similar for rears , so after all the parts and labour I could see 30k for discs pads etc etc etc , she probably exploded the undercarriage if she creamed a rock. So include new hubs in that too

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

evobatman posted:

The article said ceramic brakes, which are ridiculously expensive to begin with on any car, plus whatever crazy markup an out of warranty luxury car garage takes, plus a multiplier because it's Aston Martin. Just as an example, here are Porsche discs http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/99735103200AND99735103100.html

And this

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

It was probably an all inclusive statement that got butchered by the media / lady whom is beyond cheap

The entire braking system probably needed replacement , for 30k

Cursory Internet search tells me a pair of front discs are 400-600 pounds

Similar for rears , so after all the parts and labour I could see 30k for discs pads etc etc etc , she probably exploded the undercarriage if she creamed a rock. So include new hubs in that too

Plus it's a Limited Edition 007 model. I'm sure that if anything other than Certified Limited Edition 007 Model Replacement Parts are used, it loses it status as an "official" 007 car or some such bullshit.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Absolute free speech is one of those things that's great in theory but in reality you realise that context matters and people shouldn't have the right to scream "friend of the family" in people's faces for the sake of a loving YouTube channel.

I'm not down for banning specific words or phrases but I am fully down for you getting sent to prison by a jury of your peers if those peers decide you were being a loving idiot.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Absolute free speech is one of those things that's great in theory but in reality you realise that context matters and people shouldn't have the right to scream "friend of the family" in people's faces for the sake of a loving YouTube channel.

I'm not down for banning specific words or phrases but I am fully down for you getting sent to prison by a jury of your peers if those peers decide you were being a loving idiot.
Same. People have gotten away with insulting our troops for long enough.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
On Aston Martin repair chat remember that they are talking CAD, so if you're using USD for your reference of what things should cost, add 30% for currency conversion

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The schadenfreude here is on anyone who buys a 'James Bond' car that doesn't have caltrops or ejector seats.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

flosofl posted:

Plus it's a Limited Edition 007 model. I'm sure that if anything other than Certified Limited Edition 007 Model Replacement Parts are used, it loses it status as an "official" 007 car or some such bullshit.
I imagine a businessman gnawing on a cigar in an office somewhere yelling into a phone:
"Throw those disc brakes into a laser etcher for 30 seconds and put a tiny "007" on 'em then get some $0.10 stickers that say 'Limited Edition' and stick'em on the box . Boom! We charge those suckers an extra $150,000."

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

canyoneer posted:

On Aston Martin repair chat remember that they are talking CAD, so if you're using USD for your reference of what things should cost, add 30% for currency conversion

Subtract. 100,000 cad is like 76k usd right now.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

But it's a previously wrecked 007 model, which means the value is already wrecked, even if she repairs it with original parts.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

jamal posted:

And buys the minimum liability insurance.

This is just...what an idiot that lady is. Most places have specialty insurance for classic/luxury/ridiculously expensive cars, and I want to slap the entitlement from her dumb face for expecting a refund from an accident she caused herself without having proper insurance coverage.

Aramoro posted:

Your retard brain is not a protected characteristic so you have to suck it up.

I didn't think you could make a statement more stupid than your first one, but here we are.

He should move to Europe to be with his kind

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Jan 12, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think the US is actually somewhat unique nationally in having virtually unrestricted free speech with no hate speech laws. It's probably not for the best, since it's become incredibly easy for openly Nazi-esque movements to keep cropping up and even making headway in elections. Most other first-world nations have free speech up to the point where your speech starts causing harm even in indirect ways (like inciting hatred toward other groups, which encourages violence and other forms of oppression toward them).

It's not, like these lovely-rear end libertarians in the thread seem to think, the government establishing "wrong" beliefs as illegal.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

But have you considered that maybe libertarians privately hold those lovely beliefs about race et al. to be true?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

We have a right to Free Speech which but with large exception for abusive or insulting words or behavior intending or likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace.

Because of a quirk that we've never written down our constitution on account of never being conquered in recent history means it's all based on common law. It's not really written down explicitly anywhere.

There isn't actually a right to free speech anywhere in the common law either, at least not as it's understood in the US - that's one of the reasons the framers of the US constitution put it right up front in the Bill of Rights.

We have the pissweak freedom of expression that ECHR guarantees us (for now, and of course that's it's own entire country's worth of schadenfreude) and for all the bluster certain types of people like to make about our fine tradition of freedom of speech, ask Peter Carter-Ruck about how easy it is to get someone sued into the poorhouse for daring to be a bit rude about rich people.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

I think the US is actually somewhat unique nationally in having virtually unrestricted free speech with no hate speech laws. It's probably not for the best, since it's become incredibly easy for openly Nazi-esque movements to keep cropping up and even making headway in elections. Most other first-world nations have free speech up to the point where your speech starts causing harm even in indirect ways (like inciting hatred toward other groups, which encourages violence and other forms of oppression toward them).

It's not, like these lovely-rear end libertarians in the thread seem to think, the government establishing "wrong" beliefs as illegal.

This is a stupid discussion, but Europe definitely has the US beaten when it comes to neo Nazis getting power.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Regalingualius posted:

But have you considered that maybe libertarians privately hold those lovely beliefs about race et al. to be true?

This is an argument for free speech. If everyone's trapped inside their own heads because discussion is illegal, then there's no way those lovely beliefs will ever be challenged or changed.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

This is a stupid discussion, but Europe definitely has the US beaten when it comes to neo Nazis getting power.

Ours is President, and Secretary of the State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Some of the Sheep posted:

This is an argument for free speech. If everyone's trapped inside their own heads because discussion is illegal, then there's no way those lovely beliefs will ever be challenged or changed.

It’s really not.