Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

That was all I could find yeah. I suppose providing players with enough info to farm ahead would cut into revenue gained from impulse purchases. The joys of freemium.

You're making the assumption that they plan ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

We need a :frontear: for Capital games.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

I've hit a point where I really need to plan my next uses for my resources. I figured if anyone has the time they could have a peek at some of my stats and make recommendations.

If not I suppose it's still a nice way for me to lay out how I've been playing.

Here's what I've got so far:

Player lvl 67 (close to 68)

Biggs 6* - 10/100 shards for 7* - lvl 67 - GL VIII - ability lvls 4/6/6 - a bunch of cruddy lvl 1 mk 1 mods - Power 5117
STH 6* - 40/100 shards for 7* - lvl 67 - GL VIII - ab lvls 5/4/3/6 - lvl 15 mk 4 square (3.75%offense) w/health bonus, rest of mods are lovely lvl 1 mk1 - power 5113
Lando 7* - lvl 67 - GL VII (50mk6 syringes from VIII) - ab lvls 7/6/6/6 - lvl 15 MK3 arrow mod (3.88%hp) hp bonus, lvl 15 mk 2 Triangle mod (2%offense) 2speed secondary, defense bonus... no other notable mods - power 5055
Qui-Gon Jinn 6* - 25/100 for 7* - GL VII - lvl 63 - ab lvls 6/6/5/3 - all lovely mods - pwr 4458
Lumi 6* - 1/100 for 7* - GL VII - lvl 61 - ab lvls 4/4/4/4 - no arrow mod, all lovely the rest - power 4263

This concludes my arena team and the team I use after my weaker guys are dead in GW. My immediate goal is to get Biggs and STH to 7* and get Wedge (to 7*)
I'm wondering if I should rush the Biggs promotion and sacrifice stuff like Cantina energy to do it, or if I should use Cantina energy on MODs until I get to lvl 69 when Wedge's node becomes available.

Jedis: I went out of my way to get five Jedi to 5* in time for the Yoda event, this is what I've got.

Qui-Gon Jinn (see stats above)
Lumi (see stats above)
Mace Windu 5* - 54/85 for 6* - GL VII - lvl 60 - ab lvls 3/3/1/3 - literally no mods - pwr 3813 - I also use Mace's capital ship
Jedi Consular 5* - 0/85 for 6* - GL VI - lvl 56 - ab lvls 3/4/3 - literally no mods - pwr 3208
Ahsoka Tano 5* - 0/85 for 6* - GL III - lvl 55 - ab lvls 2/2/1/locked - literally no mods - pwr 2459

Other: these are all characters I want to level and currently use for things like GW and tournaments

Emperor Palpatine 5* - GL VI (only a few stun guns from VIII) - lvl 66 - ab lvls 3/3/3/4/3 - no mods - pwr 3775
Vader 4* - GL VIII - lvl 66 - ab lvls 3/3/3/1 - no mods - pwr 3754
TFP 5* - 0/85 shards - GL VI - lvl 67 - ab lvls 3/3/3 - no mods - pwr 3451
Geonosian Soldier 3* - 12/30 shards - GL VII - lvl 61 - ablvls 5/5/3 - no mods - pwr 3217
Royal Guard 3* - 0/30 shards - GL VI (close to VIII) - lvl 61 - ab lvls 3/3/3 - no mods - pwr 2887
Sun Fac 4* - 0/65 shards - GL V - lvl 63 - no mods - ab lvls 3/3/3/3 - no mods - pwr 2712 - never use him outside of ship battles for now

This is most of it, not sure how this sizes up to other accounts near lvl 67. I have a whole bunch of characters already that I've barely touched because of how expensive it is credits wise to keep up with my strongest. I'm mainly wondering what the best immediate use of my credits, my energy, and my reward tickets is so that I don't spread myself too thin or waste any credits. Ships is a whole other mess, I'm having trouble keeping up with a top 200 rank and ship credits are even scarcer than regular ones.

Either way I know I just kind of did a stats dump but I can never tell when to keep going with a character or switch to another, so it feels good to list what I've got even just for me. Any advice is and always has been greatly appreciated. I started immediately doing way better as soon as I read the OP to this thread.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Anyone started playing force wars? It came out today

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Roach posted:

I tried it out. Sort of a clunky reskin of Clash Royale by notorious freemium guys Netmarble to shakedown whales on a CR trend cash-in if you ask me. And no one did.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

First of all, swgoh.gg. Use it, you can put in your player I'd thing and it will pull your characters and you won't spend an hour typing all that out.

To answer your question: everyone's #1 priority when leveling should be their team for the credit heist. Credits are your bottleneck for a really really long time. Once you have a team for that, next up is arena. A rebel team is a good start there, especially once you can get wedge. Speaking of that, you might want to start collecting the gear for him once you start unlocking him, and save some credits for starring and leveling him. Next up is a rebel team for the emperor whenever he comes back (6 months or so). 5 rebels at 7*, and they will need gear and levels. Since we just got him, this might be a little lower in priority now though. Next up I would put a couple of gw/tournament teams. These can be combined with raid teams. Stuff like Jedi, clones, droids, etc. you can sometimes do the mod challenges with these teams too, which is nice

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Awesome, it worked, I should have done this ages ago thanks.

Now anyone can see my stuffs at https://swgoh.gg/u/danzelglovington/

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Roach posted:

The graphics and interface are more like a real game than a mobile game, but I cant see myself playing this poo poo on a phone so I'll probably dick around with it on my computer until I run into whatever barriers there are for a F2P player.

I got Director krennic & princess leia and they are whomping rear end

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jerkface posted:

The graphics and interface are more like a real game than a mobile game, but I cant see myself playing this poo poo on a phone so I'll probably dick around with it on my computer until I run into whatever barriers there are for a F2P player.

I got Director krennic & princess leia and they are whomping rear end

This game is super simple but kind of neat. I wanted to do something stupid and crazy so I spent 1k credits to trade my Grand Inquisitor card (I didn't like him when I tested him) in for a random card back, and got Cassian Andor. I just sniped a Boba Fett and there was nothing he could do about it.

Did anyone make a guild yet? Someone else can, or I can. But first we need a goo(n)d name.

e: Hahah, I just got stomped on in 2v2.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 12, 2017

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Roach posted:

I'm checking out Force Arena myself. Not too keen on PvP so that seems right up my alley, but I've only just completed the tutorial before it went into maintenance.

EDIT: Huh, it IS PvP. What's Force Watch like?

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 12, 2017

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
So I've gone back to getting creamed in the arena regularly, I used to be able to stay in the 20-50 region easily but lately I've been getting knocked back into the 80-90's everyday. Any advice on a good arena squad? here is my list of toons: https://swgoh.gg/u/dotymanx/collection/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DotyManX posted:

So I've gone back to getting creamed in the arena regularly, I used to be able to stay in the 20-50 region easily but lately I've been getting knocked back into the 80-90's everyday. Any advice on a good arena squad? here is my list of toons: https://swgoh.gg/u/dotymanx/collection/

Wiggs, ST Han, Lando, and RG not doing it for you?

Speed-out Biggs and wipe away 1 toon before the other side can move. That's been good enough to keep me in the region of 50.

I just finished up a 3* Shoretrooper to GX with full protection mods, and my Lando is now GXI with crit/critdmg and that's propelling me down into the 20's.

edit:

alternatively, you could pursue the current meta and up your game with EP, Boba, TFP, RG/ST Han. Maybe add Anakin or B2 for retaliation?

edit2:

Super speed EP Lead, TFP, Wiggs, Boba? Anyone know if rolling without reactive or starting taunt can be successful?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 12, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

DotyManX posted:

I've been noticing the same phenomenon, and I think it's because I take my focus off arena for even a few days. The guys that rank high in arena seem laser-focused on that. They must put TONS of time into mod challenges even at lower levels, because I beat them in gear and levels and I lose badly to teams that look just like mine. I haven't necessarily neglected that portion of my team. Everybody has 4-5* mods. They just aren't _nice_ 4-5* mods. I was down into the 20s last week and now I can't crack the top 50.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

I've been noticing the same phenomenon, and I think it's because I take my focus off arena for even a few days. The guys that rank high in arena seem laser-focused on that. They must put TONS of time into mod challenges even at lower levels, because I beat them in gear and levels and I lose badly to teams that look just like mine. I haven't necessarily neglected that portion of my team. Everybody has 4-5* mods. They just aren't _nice_ 4-5* mods. I was down into the 20s last week and now I can't crack the top 50.

Once you leave the 20's, you can tumble in ranks 10+ at a time, so it's super important to NOT allow yourself to be pushed into the upper 20's. Yes, if you're placing top 20, you need to be on top of whenever you get pushed out, because if you let it slide for half a day, you could end up in the 50's and be facing decent teams trying to fight back down.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Chilichimp posted:

Wiggs, ST Han, Lando, and RG not doing it for you?

Speed-out Biggs and wipe away 1 toon before the other side can move. That's been good enough to keep me in the region of 50.

I just finished up a 3* Shoretrooper to GX with full protection mods, and my Lando is now GXI with crit/critdmg and that's propelling me down into the 20's.

edit:

alternatively, you could pursue the current meta and up your game with EP, Boba, TFP, RG/ST Han. Maybe add Anakin or B2 for retaliation?

edit2:

Super speed EP Lead, TFP, Wiggs, Boba? Anyone know if rolling without reactive or starting taunt can be successful?

Maybe I need to evaluate my mods? they're all kind of slapped together so it may be that I need to optimize them, I've tried the wiggs group but usually my wedge or lando gets one-shot off the bat and unless I get lucky that's it for me, I thought maybe it was because my wiggs weren't geared but I've got Biggs to 10 and Wedge is almost there and not much has improved.

DotyManX fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 12, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DotyManX posted:

Maybe I need to evaluate my mods? they're all kind of slapped together so it may be that I need to optimize them, I've tried the wiggs group but usually my wedge or lando gets one-shot off the bat and unless I get lucky that's it for me, I thought maybe it was because my wiggs weren't geared but I've got Biggs to 10 and Wedge is almost there and not much has improved.

You should farm mods for a while. Crit/Crit dmg for Lando with crit damage on the triangle. Biggs should be COVERED in speed, so yours shoots first. Generally that's enough to determine the outcome a match. idk about speed secondaries for Biggs, but probably.

Primary stat allocation for a DPS should be basically:
Square: Offense
Arrow: Speed
Diamond: Defense
Triagle: Crit Damage
Circle: Protection
Cross: Offense
+++ with as much speed in the secondaries as you can muster

For lando/Biggs/Wedge, crit damage mods are probably the best choice because there's so much essentially guaranteed crits out of that squad.

For lando/Biggs, you can probably do something easy along side that like Health, but Lando needs crit chance mods to help guarntee his second volley is a hurricane of "gently caress-off".

edit:

Malgrin has a pretty good mod guide (as far as which primary stats are best on which shapes). Check it out.

Yes, you will spend ALOT of effort farming good mods. So make sure you're in a place where you don't have any current pressing/critical needs as far as cantina-battle shards. You seem to have it mostly fleshed out in that regard, though.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 12, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Danzel Glovington posted:

This concludes my arena team and the team I use after my weaker guys are dead in GW. My immediate goal is to get Biggs and STH to 7* and get Wedge (to 7*)
I'm wondering if I should rush the Biggs promotion and sacrifice stuff like Cantina energy to do it, or if I should use Cantina energy on MODs until I get to lvl 69 when Wedge's node becomes available.

Work on mods until Wedge. Using GW tokens, you should be able to get Biggs to 7* by the time Wedge is 4-5* (I don't think he's very usable until then). After you've got your Rebels team in order, definitely put the time into EP, Vader, TFP, and RG. They make a really good counter to Wiggs, Lando, STH teams.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I know it's been used before but how about "That's no Goon" for a Force Arena guild?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I made ThatsNoGoon an apply to join guild feel free to send an invite request.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Jerkface posted:

Applied as Stacker. Not sure if I like the game yet but maybe it'll grow on me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

apped

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Things you only see with a 7* vader:

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Applied as TaranWanderer

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Applied as Serperoth.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Alright bozos dont spam up this thread saying you applied. I will just approve everyone. If you must let me know use pm tia

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Star Wars: Galaxy of Whoa there did you think you could get Yoda? You need like, all the Jedi, go home son.

I have four of them at 6 stars :orks:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Do I only use crystals on refreshes

Also how do I beat the support challemge

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Purchase exactly one (1) chromium pack. The first one is a guaranteed full character (not necessarily a good character though). Otherwise, yes, crystals only for energy refreshes. The most bang for your buck is the first two regular energy refills @ 50 crystals per.

The key to the support challenge is to debuff Opress. Ideally you want to stun him, if you can borrow or use Daka, it makes things much easier.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

Read the OP for both, but basically yes for #1. Maybe consider mod packs.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Dely Apple posted:

Star Wars: Galaxy of Whoa there did you think you could get Yoda? You need like, all the Jedi, go home son.

I have four of them at 6 stars :orks:

5 at 5 stars will at least let you unlock him...and hey, you have a week!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

ZenVulgarity posted:

IMO use them on refreshes and save the leftovers for gear.

Beat the support challenge by having healers and stunners and debuff savage and shoot him. You can kill a droid to heal up too.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Purchase exactly one (1) chromium pack. The first one is a guaranteed full character (not necessarily a good character though). Otherwise, yes, crystals only for energy refreshes. The most bang for your buck is the first two regular energy refills @ 50 crystals per.

The key to the support challenge is to debuff Opress. Ideally you want to stun him, if you can borrow or use Daka, it makes things much easier.

How do I know if I did the first Chom for a character

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

How do I know if I did the first Chom for a character

The only way to know is if you remember spending ~300 crystals on a data card.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Malgrin posted:

The only way to know is if you remember spending ~300 crystals on a data card.

I don't but bought one anyway

Got 32 lando shards

Considering I have blown well over 300 energy and only got like 20, that seems like a net win in shards for lando

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
32 lando shards for 300 crystals is a pretty good deal

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

Lando is key for both Rebel and Scoundrel challenges. He also is the core of my credit / droid heists. Great pull! Now never buy them again. :)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
As I'm coming up on level 80, I started looking into zeta abilities. Has anybody tried a nightsister team with Asajj's zeta leader? Looks like it would be pretty great for TM fuckery. Plus, all 5 nightsisters are pretty easy to farm and from 4 different locations. I realize there are a bunch of more important teams to work on for various parts of the game, but it looks like it could be fun to play around with for somebody who's been around awhile.

PoppingFresh
Aug 18, 2004

It must be the shoes...

Jerkface posted:

Game looks interesting, just applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Also applied.

in GoH news, I got a 5-star Jedi team! Super excited to get some Yoda unlock action! Except no, that fucker, I'm gonna need to like, gear and level these guys waaaay up. poo poo.