Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I'm really happy about the pace this arc is moving at, if this was Dressrosa it would be three months of Sanji riding around Whole Cake Island looking for the key for his handcuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

With the wedding definitely being a sham and Sanji being hurt as a result, there is exactly zero chance that Luffy isn't going to whale on Big Mom. It seems pretty clear at this point that he can take her down, since the crew are shown to be able to take on her forces. Also I reckon Reiju is going to overcome her nature for a brother-sister beat down on Germa.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pureauthor posted:

Oh so that's what's gonna happen to the lunch basket Sanji originally intended for Pudding.

Luffy, obviously, in a Popeye-esque power-up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Are we finally working our way up to the Strawhats first true fights as a crew since the time skip? The previous fights all had gimmicks that were limiting their powers, nobody's gotten to go totally hog-wild yet and go all out. I wonder if there's going to be limits put on them in this fight too, like Luffy fighting Big Mom at first with an empty stomach and losing then Sanji coming in to the rescue with one of his special recipes that makes him much stronger and gives him some kind of awesome side-affect

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hooooly shiiiiit

OH OF COURSE, ANOTHER BREAK NEXT WEEK. :argh:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also have to point out Luffy literally strangling info out of a giant mook is vicious as all hell holy poo poo. Don't ever come between Luffy and his nakama. :stare:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 12, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the real fight in the chapter will be making me care about sanji. and oda won :qq:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sanji's rear end in a top hat dad treating him like poo poo not entirely because Sanji's a failed clone but because he blames him for the death of his wife that it seems he sincerely loved as a coping mechanism because he's the one that really caused her to take the poison is nice because it fleshes him out a bit instead of just being cartoonishly evil. Not that he doesn't deserve what's coming of course.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Jimbei didn't lose that leg that was obscured last chapter. Wonder what he got on the wheel?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Also have to point out Luffy literally strangling info out of a giant mook is vicious as hell holy poo poo. Don't ever come between Luffy and his nakama. :stare:

dude was making serious headway in ripping his own hands off last chapter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Millions posted:

Jimbei didn't lose that leg that was obscured last chapter. Wonder what he got on the wheel?
Maybe he decided to stay part of Big Mam's crew and is just rebelling on his own, since he just mentioned that his pirates are still part of her family?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe Jimbei got 99% of his life removed and he's helping Luffy because at the end of this arc he dies so he wants to go out on his own terms.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Radish posted:

Maybe Jimbei got 99% of his life removed and he's helping Luffy because at the end of this arc he dies so he wants to go out on his own terms.

Yeah, I think Big Mom's whole proclivity to leave strong people with a little life left in them in her delighted cruelty is what's going to bite her in the rear end in the end (and doubles as a covert theme of never giving in up in life for this arc, well played Oda :golfclap:).

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pedro needs to get his life back as well, plus the citizens of Totland too - they seem pretty happy despite the arrangement and the Straw Hats generally leave the lands they visit the same as before for smaller arcs or significantly better for larger arcs, so having everyone get their life force back would probably endear the citizens to them somewhat.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Also have to point out Luffy literally strangling info out of a giant mook is vicious as hell holy poo poo. Don't ever come between Luffy and his nakama. :stare:

Not just any nakama, the dedicated food nakama. Better the fires and torments of hell than to stand in that crazy, hungry, rubber bastard's way right now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fuuuuuuuck Break after that loving great chapter???

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also, with this and previous chapters, Oda keeps hyping up Big Mom's Horrible Torture of Doom.

We've already been through Impel Down, what could be worse than that? :stonk:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
umm, isn't sanji's mom named sola in the translation

isnt the enemy of the germa 66 named sora...

huh

did i miss something there?

anime was right fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 12, 2017

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

anime was right posted:

umm, isn't sanji's mom named sola in the translation

isnt the enemy of the germa 66 named sora...

huh

did i miss something there?

Source? I don't remember this.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Source? I don't remember this.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Sora,_Warrior_of_the_Sea

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Chapters on break not for Oda to have time off but because the asskicking will be very detailed

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
Luffy was looking like Blackbeard in that first page where he was laughing about escaping from the book prison. Not in a bad way.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Luffy, your hands are still almost falling off. Please stop stretching them for like 10 minutes.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Chapters on break not for Oda to have time off but because the asskicking will be very detailed

Yes, this exactly. This seems to be a theme recently.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the best part of this chapter was nami's clothes being burned so she stole some new ones off some random mook and made them look cute.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

one piece is on break every other week because oda smokes more packs of cigarettes a day than he gets hours of sleep

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jimbei is absolutely going to die.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

but the coin...

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

oddium posted:

one piece is on break every other week because oda smokes more packs of cigarettes a day than he gets hours of sleep

So, 2 packs of cigs?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Finally, Robin's artistic talent is being rightfully admired!

KAWAII

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

key party favors posted:

Finally, Robin's artistic talent is being rightfully admired!

KAWAII

hidoi koto suru wa is the name of the arc where she's in tequila wolf iirc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Robin being in love with Chopper's cuteness despite her being the most serious crew member is a really great character trait.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm still mad at her for ruining the special robot attack on Thriller Bark

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

I like how much is crammed into that one panel. Fleet admiral's seagull hat, the capes of the Vinsmokes. Judge's helmet is pretty spot on. Etc.

Also: excellent chapter. I am glad Oda learned his lesson after the slog that was Dresserosa.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

why does everyone think this arc is getting close to over? There's still the 20 chapters of Pudding messing with their memories, and another 5 devoted to Carrot's tragic backstory, and the imminent death of Jimbei.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mabels big day posted:

Jimbei is absolutely going to die.

SHUT UP

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Nobody can die or be too grievously wounded. Team Bropper is still on the case.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

mabels big day posted:

why does everyone think this arc is getting close to over? There's still the 20 chapters of Pudding messing with their memories, and another 5 devoted to Carrot's tragic backstory, and the imminent death of Jimbei.

Oda said the arc is halfway over a couple of chapters ago.

Then again, Oda has never once been accurate about how long something One Piece related will take him, so who knows...?

Spidder fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 12, 2017

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
From the sounds of it, Sanji will never be able to develop the physical traits of his brothers because of what his mom did. No crazy power up for him. Which I like.

I'm really digging this arc. Oda's making up for the weak start Sanji had after the timeskip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It'd be cool if he got a Germa gadget