Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

from my buddy

quote:

The Chargers held training camp in Carson in 2003 at stub hub center. Two dozen people showed up according to Lee Jenkins from SI, when they'd usually get around 2K in their usual location. Two dozen!

so they attracted significantly fewer people than the crossfit games, which just had to move to wisconsin because they couldn't afford to stay in Carson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
That logo is poo poo

e: Also while similar to the Dodgers blue, I think that's actually slightly darker

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

That logo is poo poo

Still just see a 4.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a neat cape posted:

I'll be following this team specifically because of Philip Rivers but once he's gone, I'm loving done.

The NFL isn't getting a goddamn dime of my money

didn't Rivers say he'd rather retire than move to LA? that's gonna be a fun saga.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Crossposting for logo talk: I'm only seeing SS runes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Here's a cool article on how Clowney is finally living up to his draft status :toot:

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/11/14222960/jadeveon-clowney-raiders-texans-patriots-nfl-draft-transformation

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

axeil posted:

Philly won last year based on "get a lot of turnovers" and "score a ton of special teams TDs" those results uh...may not be easily replicated.

That game was very entertaining

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What does the NFL do three years from now when the Chargers are failing miserably?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

What does the NFL do three years from now when the Chargers are failing miserably?

Bring back blackouts.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dodge should sponsor the Rams/Chargers stadium IMO

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Move them to wherever a crooked governer will ram through a stadium funding bill for them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Move them to wherever a crooked governer will ram through a stadium funding bill for them.

so welcome to.....kansas?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
From twitter

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Charge Spanos another $550m relocation fee to move back to San Diego?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can't wait for them to brag about selling out a 30,000 seat stadium.

Funniest thing is they don't have the right grass/sod for it. The Crossfit games loving destroyed that place every single year, and that's just a bunch of roided up gymnasts.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/819528374179663872

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife paid 290 dollars for two upper bowl tickets to the divisional game.

Guess how much they're going for on stubhub right now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
$3.50

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

From twitter

the east coast is better than the west coast, i don't like the west coast

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
$.01

I just Price Is Right'd you, whypick1 :smug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

$.01

I just Price Is Right'd you, whypick1 :smug:

Whenever the person who wasn't going last said $1 I always always wanted the next person to say $2 but it never happened in any episode I saw

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

I'll be following this team specifically because of Philip Rivers but once he's gone, I'm loving done.

Nor should they. They get nothing from me. Ross does bc I like what he's doing and he paid to upgrade by himself

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Whenever the person who wasn't going last said $1 I always always wanted the next person to say $2 but it never happened in any episode I saw
I saw it happen on an episode during the holidays. It's a cheap-as-hell move but also very funny.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

a neat cape posted:

the first step of justifying to himself why in 2027 he will still be a passionate chargers fan

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

55, and they'll keep going down, but whatever i'm just going to look up seats on stubhub and sit in them when I get there in a much better section

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/819586865418436609

How long until they can't fill the seats ala the Rams?
https://twitter.com/EmptySeatsPics/status/808075040742838272

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

Same! Or, $1.01 would have been the ultimate troll move.

I miss The Price is Right :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You could only wager in dollar increments

And I'm guessing you meant to say "I miss Bob Barker" because I sure as hell don't remember the national day of mourning over the show getting cancelled.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's cancelled? I didn't even know

I really only watched it when I was off school for the summer as a kid

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it died for a generation when bob barker retired

that's now 10 years ago :negative:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

It's cancelled? I didn't even know

I really only watched it when I was off school for the summer as a kid

I thought Drew Carey was doing it still?

And yeah, Bob was awesome, but it was a strangely addicting show. I was the same, I only remember watching it during summer as a kid or on sick days or snow days or something.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's cool how the rams ended up with 5th? in the league in attendance just because all the idiots went the first 3 weeks where they ran out of water bottles and nacho cheese and then the last game of the season was less than a third full

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/815668425368317952

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

hifi posted:

it's cool how the rams ended up with 5th? in the league in attendance just because all the idiots went the first 3 weeks where they ran out of water bottles and nacho cheese and then the last game of the season was less than a third full

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/815668425368317952

Having an awful team will do that for you

The Texans have "sold out" every game even though you could get decent seats for like a buck at the ends of some seasons and the stadium was maybe 1/3 full

Were the Rams 5th in paid attendance, or in actual attendance?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think the key to beating the Pats is to unsettle Brady whilst taking advantage of their weak defense. Also do whatever is humanly possible to limit mistakes as all three parts of the team excel at turning opposing team gently caress ups into points.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Haven't seen a 'whilst' in awhile

Their "weak defense" didn't allow the Texans to cross midfield until like late third quarter the last time they played each other. Brock is Real Bad

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hunt11 posted:

I think the key to beating the Pats is to unsettle Brady whilst taking advantage of their weak defense. Also do whatever is humanly possible to limit mistakes as all three parts of the team excel at turning opposing team gently caress ups into points.

So you're saying a critical component of this is "Don't be the Texans"?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kansas City might have close to an inch of ice on the ground by kickoff time on Sunday so good luck getting to your home playoff game Chiefs fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I know I'm way late but holy lol at the Chargers playing in a 27,000 seat MLS stadium on a college campus for two years

• Locked thread