Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

this has legit changed my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That is amazing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh my god

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Buddy Hield is now shooting 38% from three

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Doltos posted:

My team lost to the Sixers at near full strength while playing hard all four quarters...

They're better than their record shows, especially now that Okafor isn't getting defensive black hole minutes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

He's been great from basically the moment I started talking about how bad he was shooting

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Man, Isaiah just won't slow down this year. He's having the greatest small man season in NBA history by a country mile.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

this tweet was deleted

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Does Chris Paul not count? Dudes closer to 5'10 than he is 6 foot.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Evan Turner had 2 points (on 7 shots), 11 assists and 8 rebounds last night. If you add his points to his rebounds that's a double double. A cumulative double double.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's been great from basically the moment I started talking about how bad he was shooting

He's shooting well but he isn't really doing anything else well. That's ok though and probably makes him a shoe-in for best 2016 draft class player.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kris Dunn almost put Beverly on the floor last night with a crossover and then put up a brick that barely hit the front of the rim which I feel is a perfect encapsulation of his game right now.

He got the Kobe assist though.

e: Meanwhile Ricky is just casually doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNorklfVvHM&t=98s

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 12, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Does Chris Paul not count? Dudes closer to 5'10 than he is 6 foot.

He's not short enough. We're talking people that you would make fun of for being short if they were in your group of friends

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

He's shooting well but he isn't really doing anything else well. That's ok though and probably makes him a shoe-in for best 2016 draft class player.

Eh I still think Brogdan is gonna win that.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

IcePhoenix posted:

Kris Dunn almost put Beverly on the floor last night with a crossover and then put up a brick that barely hit the front of the rim which I feel is a perfect encapsulation of his game right now.

He got the Kobe assist though.

e: Meanwhile Ricky is just casually doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNorklfVvHM&t=98s

Kris Dunn seems like kind of a Rubio junior at the moment. I've seen him do some p. nice passes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chairchucker posted:

Kris Dunn seems like kind of a Rubio junior at the moment. I've seen him do some p. nice passes.

Yeah, even though he's a bad jump shooter and finisher I really loves how he at least brings his TS up by shooting 62% at the line.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons may still get 40 games in for best 16 draft class.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

What was this a reference to?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What was this a reference to?

a fake story that after the Chicago loss Demar threw the burgers on the post game spread across the locker room leading to Sullinger picking them off the ground and eating them.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Brogdon is really loving good and I don't see anyone else from the draft class that will be better this year.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Embiid is the GOAT

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Cool Buff Man posted:

Man, Isaiah just won't slow down this year. He's having the greatest small man season in NBA history by a country mile.

I'm yelling at all of my friends: Thomas is having a better season than peak Iverson ever had. They don't seem to care though, because triple-doubles.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Embiid is the GOAT

Agreed.

I expect the Sixers to have a pretty decent (read - .500) record until Simmons comes back. His first 10-15 games I expect them to regress a bit given he's a rookie who will be likely initiating the offense

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Eh I still think Brogdan is gonna win that.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was thinking more of the top guys picked.

Chairchucker posted:

Dunn is a lot more athletic and relies on his quickness and speed. If he can start getting the ball in the hoop better he'll be a lot more potent weapon that Ricky. Ricky is a better floor general and makes his teammates better than Dunn will, I think.

Dunn has some flashy moves but he doesn't have the vision. I think he'll be a better scorer though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I haven't tracked the minutes, but it seems like a lower percentage of rookies from the current draft class are playing than in previous years.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Dunn is a lot more athletic and relies on his quickness and speed. If he can start getting the ball in the hoop better he'll be a lot more potent weapon that Ricky. Ricky is a better floor general and makes his teammates better than Dunn will, I think.

Dunn has some flashy moves but he doesn't have the vision. I think he'll be a better scorer though.

Sixty Two Percent

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Tae posted:

I haven't tracked the minutes, but it seems like a lower percentage of rookies from the current draft class are playing than in previous years.

Rookies don't play much at the start of the season, it's pointless to compare this class against entire seasons of previous rookie classes.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
New Thread title:

Lip readers?

https://streamable.com/pacqg

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 12, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bashez posted:

Yeah I just went through this same feeling with the Spurs/Bucks game. Danny Green missed like 4 wide open ones in a row with a couple misses from other people thrown in. Mentally I'm thinking the Spurs are having a terrible shooting night but they ended up shooting 40%.

I guess the real problem with this game was that they were giving up all kinds of easy transition baskets and got outrebounded by 17

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

this is amazing

simply amazing

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm yelling at all of my friends: Thomas is having a better season than peak Iverson ever had. They don't seem to care though, because triple-doubles.

idk I feel like AI would've put up better numbers on a team like the Celtics where he didn't have to do everything on offense. He certainly was a better defender than IT.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
That ESPN piece by Chris Haynes about Portland's summer is interesting. At one point, Olshey says things could've gone worse if they'd maxed out Parsons instead of paying Turner a bunch. Is he right about that? I think he might be right about that. Not even in the Portland-specific sense. I think Turner's contract will be more tradeable than Parsons in two years.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao at the Turner meatwad video

straight up brolic posted:

He's figured it out

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Lol i <3 this

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

That ESPN piece by Chris Haynes about Portland's summer is interesting. At one point, Olshey says things could've gone worse if they'd maxed out Parsons instead of paying Turner a bunch. Is he right about that? I think he might be right about that. Not even in the Portland-specific sense. I think Turner's contract will be more tradeable than Parsons in two years.

If his choice was between Evan Turner and Parsons, he should've not paid money at all

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Hand Row posted:

Brogdon is really loving good and I don't see anyone else from the draft class that will be better this year.

Saric, Brogdon, and Hield and a tier above everyone else.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Saric, Brogdon, and Hield and a tier above everyone else.

And sabonis

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also Saric is kind of bad.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Saric looks like he spends his off days tying women to railroad tracks or racing with his dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Tae posted:

If his choice was between Evan Turner and Parsons, he should've not paid money at all

In hindsight I think Joe Johnson and Biyombo would've been the best choice and both probably would've signed in Portland.

• Locked thread