Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I found dark_teatime's tumblr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I actually liked this issue of Titans.

Maybe it's because my eyes are getting a break from Booth's terrible art style.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Roth posted:

I actually liked this issue of Titans.

Maybe it's because my eyes are getting a break from Booth's terrible art style.

The issue was fine, it just felt like Superman's appearance in it was really irrelevant despite having so much potential.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

New Super-Man is shaping up to be a solid series and is gonna go on my steady buy list. Kenan Kong's a fun guy, but Baixi and Deilan are becoming really engaging characters to follow as well. At this point the book is more about all three of them and not just Kenan.
Kong Kenan. :bahgawd:

For me the two scenes that made the book by themselves were Lex Luthor's introduction and Deilan's reaction to Dr. Omen's reaction to New Year's sticky rice cake, although I was surprised to see the "trapped under rock for centuries" part of Sun Wukong's story given to Deilan instead of Kenan. Oh, and come the next issue we get the server room hacker's identity as "gently caress Your Mom-Man"!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/819581095591165952

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Was literally just about to post that.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know Black Adam from Adam, but The Rock is a man born to play superhumans in film.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The Rock should play that Rocky superhero. John Carpenter's Rocky.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, people are speculating that none other than Rorschach had a brief cameo in RHATO

I think Question is more likely but anything can be with DC these days.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, people are speculating that none other than Rorschach had a brief cameo in RHATO

I think Question is more likely but anything can be with DC these days.

"I love it" would be such a grossly out-of-character thing for Rorschach to say that it's probably him. Wouldn't be any more off than the implied characterization of Manhattan in Rebirth.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
SPEAKING OF

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why would Ralph Dibny and Detective Chimp unite in a Batman/Flash crossover?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ElNarez posted:

SPEAKING OF

And covers

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/819622666307010561

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

ElNarez posted:

SPEAKING OF

Why is it a Batman/Flash Crossover? Shouldn't Wally be the one trying to track down this stuff?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
At least they're doing us the courtesy of warning us that this is a Watchmen-related story, which is more than can be said for Orlando's JLA and other books that are highly likely to tie in.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

greatn posted:

Why would Ralph Dibny and Detective Chimp unite in a Batman/Flash crossover?

WHY would you do that??? Now I want that to happen. Jerk.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Why is it a Batman/Flash Crossover? Shouldn't Wally be the one trying to track down this stuff?

Batman is more popular I mean well it is a mystery and Batman is the world's most popular greatest detective.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah that's the weird part about it. I guess Barry at this point is also aware of the Flashpoint nonsense, as he and Wally reunited in Rebirth and remembered him. I assume Wally will make some appearance in the book regardless, at least on the Flash side of things.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

lotus circle posted:

Yeah that's the weird part about it. I guess Barry at this point is also aware of the Flashpoint nonsense, as he and Wally reunited in Rebirth and remembered him. I assume Wally will make some appearance in the book regardless, at least on the Flash side of things.

I mean the current plot of Titans is literally just them trying to track down poo poo about what happened. You'd imagine the book who's tagline is "WHAT HAPPENED IN DCU REBIRTH FOLLOW THIS TO FIND OUT" would be the one that the story progresses in.

Instead it's getting a loving Judas Contract rehash while Batman gets delivered all the Watchmen hype.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm betting that sets the stage for the book Johns was tweeting about which should drop about 5 or 6 weeks after that.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm betting that sets the stage for the book Johns was tweeting about which should drop about 5 or 6 weeks after that.

Well hopefully it all meets up further down the line, it just seems odd that after getting the little button they're not talking to the magical lightning man who brought him said button.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Does it say anywhere in that solicitation that Wally isn't going to be a part of the story?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Does it say anywhere in that solicitation that Wally isn't going to be a part of the story?

I imagine if Wally was showing up as an important character they'd advertise it? It's not like Wally existing is a secret at this point. When a character makes an appearance that isn't supposed to be a big surprise they advertise it nearly every time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bruce and Barry started working together on it Flash #0, and it is Barry's comic.
I'd rather read that than Titans, so cool.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 12, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Bruce and Barry started working together on it Flash #0, and it is Barry's comic.
I'd rather read that than Titans, so cool.

Judging by your tastes I didn't think you'd like The Flash, either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I imagine if Wally was showing up as an important character they'd advertise it? It's not like Wally existing is a secret at this point. When a character makes an appearance that isn't supposed to be a big surprise they advertise it nearly every time.

This is just the solicit for the first half, for all we know Wally will get a headshot cover like the already released ones.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I think the best thing to come out of this is the headline "WATCHMEN IS BACK IN POG FORM" honestly. I'm not expecting the storyline to be any good.
Then again, I didn't expect Rebirth to be any less of a shitshow than the New 52 was, and yet it's been good so far...

Then again, I'm also in the minority who likes the way Jason Todd's been portrayed as 'Batman's lovely edgelord son who never really grew out of that phase the way Damien pretty much has but he loves him anyway'.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 12, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Rhyno posted:

This is just the solicit for the first half, for all we know Wally will get a headshot cover like the already released ones.

Fair enough, just seems like the second part is the conclusion of their investigation. I'd just assume the investigators would get input from the witness.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Judging by your tastes I didn't think you'd like The Flash, either.

I like The Flash. I didn't love this volume and stopped reading it, but I'd still rather pick that up cause of a crossover than Titans.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Has the Flash always been one of the world's greatest detectives or is this a new thing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So the mention of Ralph reminded me:

Whatever the gently caress happened with him in Secret Six anyway?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Madkal posted:

Has the Flash always been one of the world's greatest detectives or is this a new thing?

Barry has never been a detective.

His schtick is forensics.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Barry has never been a detective.

His schtick is gently caress-ups.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The thing about the Titans comic is that its premise is that the Titans are trying to find the real culprit behind the missing ten years, but they're not going to find the real culprit behind the missing ten years, because DC is not going to give something that important to Dan Abnett to write. So poor Abnett will have to drag it out and tease it endlessly with false leads and red herrings and "major" (not really) hints for at least the next six months. This is sort of aggravated by the fact that we the readers already know who the culprit is almost certainly going to be, so we're basically just waiting for these characters to never find out the secret to this mystery that kinda got revealed to us before the story even started.

The book, as it stands, kinda has to live or die based on the its interpersonal character interactions...on the depictions of friendship and drama between these teammates. And, honestly, it does a pretty good job of that. It's just not...y'know...them dealing with the actual story-slash-threat from Rebirth other than in the most superficial, inconsequential ways.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
http://comicbook.com/2017/01/13/vid...tm_content=Link

Looks like Big Blue is getting a costume tweak.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Web 3.0 is a thirty second ad before a video made up of still images of Superman but with red boots

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why the gently caress would they make that a video? Just post a pic and write down what they said.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah sorry, I'm at work so my attention was divided.

Basically they're tweaking his belt and bringing back the red boots, but making them a bit more metallic. They said something about his cape too, but I was only half listening.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Image for simplicity's sake.

The red boots are definitely welcomed, since the blue boots were just silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I almost wish that the Watchmen characters a red herring and the actual villain is somebody else just for the anger over being led on people will have.