Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Why is the woman so desperate that she went up to a dude who is playing video games in a bar, he says that line to her, and she's like "Yea, okay, I'm intrigued!"

Look in your heart and you will see that she also probably has some suuuuuuper hosed up fetishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It says 19 in the title, but 16 in the story. Ewww. This woman is an idiot.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

The story says that the girl "came to her senses when she was older" so yeah a three year relationship with her

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I figured; I have no sympathy for women that date men-children.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor J Off posted:

I told him game of thrones is for adults and not for kids. I told him that the Avengers don't like adults who scare kids. That was enough to get him to drop it.
What a great mom.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Doctor J Off posted:

My [29f] husband [28M] is giving me the silent treatment and has for a week. Our son [4M] wanted to watch game of thrones because he heard there were dragons. My husband is mad because I let him watch a old spiderman cartoon movie he had. No one is allowed to touch his movie collection apparently.

My husband is giving me the silent treatment and has so for the past week. I'm about done with this loving mood of his. It's a snow day and he does nothing to help in his free time. He eats the food I cook, wears the clothes I wash and iron. Sleeps and then goes to work. He just goes to work sulking and comes home late.

Never mind this whole thing started because of him and his love for game of thrones. He was watching game of thrones. Our son walked up and asked what he was watching. My husband told him it was game of thrones. He told our son there were dragons in the film. He wanted to watch as soon as he heard this. What little kid does not like dragons? He wanted to watch and our son was upset I said no. He asked but why? and I told him because I said no. He sulked off.

He kept pestering me about it. So I bought him a movie about dragons for little kids. I told him game of thrones is for adults and not for kids. I told him that the Avengers don't like adults who scare kids. That was enough to get him to drop it. He loves spider man. So when his dragon movie was finished and he was satisfied. I put on the spiderman movie for him like I have done in the past.

My husband came home and this is all where is started. He went on about how kids are dirt and does not want him touching his movies. He's given me the silent treatment. I'm this close to packing our poo poo up, leaving and filing for divorce. I've had enough of him.

TL;DR: Husband is giving me the silent treatment because I let out son watch his spiderman movie.

I think the tl;dr should have been the line "He went on about how kids are dirt"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That's written by the guy trying to make her sound significantly less grossed out

I don't believe for a second that 1. she approached him because h was playing his DS or 2. his opening line was about his teenage ex

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Pearnicious posted:

It's a pretty big :redflag: when your 4 year old son is more mature than your 28 year old husband.

There was a commenter who said they were child free who said the same thing lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WampaLord posted:

Hey goons.

When you're on your deathbeds are you going to wish you had more time with loved ones or a better Overwatch ranking?

I'll probably feel the same way that I do now: constant crippling regret that I was never in a top tier raiding guild in EQ2.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

value-brand cereal posted:

I think the tl;dr should have been the line "He went on about how kids are dirt"

I really hope this is a typo and she meant dirty because that's still stupid and manchild-y but not nearly as awful

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

value-brand cereal posted:

god if only the world were as the rest of Reddit sees it and women wouldn't have sex with nerds

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

I will never understand these stories. Does this guy have a dick made out of solid gold that cums chocolate?
If I came chocolate I'd be a lot more okay with snowballing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

Throw your pants in the freezer for a couple of hours every two weeks and they come out smelling like they've been in the dresser the whole time.

I'm not advocating wearing your pants for six months, it's just a neat trick I thought I'd mention.

I don't wear jeans because I think they're indelicate

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Yawgmoth posted:

:same:

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

god if only the world were as the rest of Reddit sees it and women wouldn't have sex with nerds

i was gonna say "then we'd all be virgins too" but that'd probably be a net benefit to society

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Leon Einstein posted:

He was dating her when she was 16 and he was 32

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

I don't wear jeans because I think they're indelicate

Works with my wool slacks. I don't go that long between washings, but if I'm tapped on laundry money and it's been a while... :shrug: Half these things are dry clean only.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

The OP's also glossing over the fact that, if this is a small niche hobby store and she's not selling it off, it probably stopped being profitable or was never profitable in the first place. How dare a woman with a family and health issues not keep pouring money into a hole so I can buy yarn* from her?!

(* read: "bought yarn once or twice, then Facebook-liked, and still consider self devoted regular despite not giving store money in years," most likely)

I have this thing I do where if a thing is closing/going out of business and my immediate response is unhappiness, "Have I been in there in the last five years?" If the answer is "no" then accept that this is probably everyone's answer, and I need to let it go. If my answer is "all the drat time!!" I am allowed to be as unhappy as I want... but it's like a 90/10 between those two answers.

For example, my family's favorite butcher shut down, and we got most of our meat there, so :qq: is right!

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Yawgmoth posted:

Just learn how to perform autofellatio and then never leave your house.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'd love to see some kind of psychological study on a child free person. Like there their hatred of children is some kind of self hate because of all the childlike behavior they display in their adult years.

Or the fact that they know Harry Potter and Spiderman movies are geared for children but it they somehow make them things only adults are interested in it just somehow justifies it in their eyes.

"I went to an all adult Harry Potter reading. How dare you say it's childish. NO kids were there!!!"

EDIT: I also submit my avatar to the snowball debate

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I think that manchildren trap a lot of good women because women are still told that the truly good man is the stable, unexciting guy. So we go for a guy with a well-paying tech job who doesn't seem to have any dangerous hobbies, and then it turns out that he can't experience empathy and secretly begrudges you for not being scarlet johannason

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I know a couple of people who... well, they don't call themselves "child free", but I heard the term "crotchdroppings" and "breeder" from them so I assume that they are drinking the kool-aid. They sometimes cite human reproduction as a major environmental disaster, but for some reason it only really ever comes up when they're dwelling on the personal inconvenience someone's kid has or will deliver to them.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Bonzo posted:

I'd love to see some kind of psychological study on a child free person. Like there their hatred of children is some kind of self hate because of all the childlike behavior they display in their adult years.

Or the fact that they know Harry Potter and Spiderman movies are geared for children but it they somehow make them things only adults are interested in it just somehow justifies it in their eyes.

"I went to an all adult Harry Potter reading. How dare you say it's childish. NO kids were there!!!"

EDIT: I also submit my avatar to the snowball debate

My dissertation chair did her dissertation (in psychology) on people's decisions to be child free. I can see if I can PM you a link to the PDF if you are really interested.

Note: not reddit childfree people in particular.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WrenP-Complete posted:

My dissertation chair did her dissertation (in psychology) on people's decisions to be child free. I can see if I can PM you a link to the PDF if you are really interested.

Note: not reddit childfree people in particular.

That'd be cool

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Let's see that dissertation!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My [27F] boyfriend [35M] of a year used to date a teenager [19F]n

This is easily one of the weirdest loving things I've ever read

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Oh no

He told her right away that he'd been dating a teen girl in his last relationship because he's required to by law, didn't he? Fuckkkk.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Like I have a personal bone to pick with manchildren because they ruin kind people's lives. Selfish twats tend to do pretty well at avoiding these people because the first time they say hey you can't touch my spiderman then the selfish person is like gently caress you I'll touch any spiderman I want, I'll touch all the spidermen who do you think you are, and then they're out. That's why nerds complain that women hate them, because your average cheerleader knows the importance of teamwork and that there are other men who will not only let her touch all their spidermen, but touch her spiderman if you know what I mean. But then there will be the patient, kind woman who is like, maybe he's traumatized because the man who killed his father touched his spiderman, and then only 15 years later she finds out his father is STILL ALIVE, and also paying all her husband's bills and doing his taxes and used to drop off lasagna and lemons on his porch so he wouldn't die from malnutrition or scurvey.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
if you have a spiderman , and I have a spiderman, and I have a hand. There it is, that's my hand, you see? Watch it. Now, my hand reaches acroooooooss the room and starts to touch your spiderman . I... touch... your...spiderman ! I touch it up!

Tiny Deer posted:

Oh no

He told her right away that he'd been dating a teen girl in his last relationship because he's required to by law, didn't he? Fuckkkk.

I didn't even think of that :barf:

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

Pick posted:

Like I have a personal bone to pick with manchildren because they ruin kind people's lives. Selfish twats tend to do pretty well at avoiding these people because the first time they say hey you can't touch my spiderman then the selfish person is like gently caress you I'll touch any spiderman I want, I'll touch all the spidermen who do you think you are, and then they're out. That's why nerds complain that women hate them, because your average cheerleader knows the importance of teamwork and that there are other men who will not only let her touch all their spidermen, but touch her spiderman if you know what I mean. But then there will be the patient, kind woman who is like, maybe he's traumatized because the man who killed his father touched his spiderman, and then only 15 years later she finds out his father is STILL ALIVE, and also paying all her husband's bills and doing his taxes and used to drop off lasagna and lemons on his porch so he wouldn't die from malnutrition or scurvey.

Yeah totally

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Antivehicular posted:

The OP's also glossing over the fact that, if this is a small niche hobby store and she's not selling it off, it probably stopped being profitable or was never profitable in the first place. How dare a woman with a family and health issues not keep pouring money into a hole so I can buy yarn* from her?!

(* read: "bought yarn once or twice, then Facebook-liked, and still consider self devoted regular despite not giving store money in years," most likely)

Right? If I adopt a proper nerdy game store, I buy stuff from them rather than online, even if I could get it cheaper. I make sure to pop in every week or two to at least spend $10-20 bucks even if there's not anything I'm really looking for. If they don't have something I want in stock, if they can get it from their distributor, I'll order it that way.

I've been pretty good friends with the owners of a few hobby stores, and that poo poo can be rough. I like having a place I can go wander in and there's some people playing Magic or D&D in the back or talking about comics or some poo poo, so I make an effort to support the place.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

Like I have a personal bone to pick with manchildren because they ruin kind people's lives.

Yea, gently caress people who cheat or people who beat their spouses, manchildren are the real scum.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Pick posted:

Show me on the Doctor Octopus where the nerd touched you, Pick.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Pick posted:

Wow, Pick, that's a pretty prejudiced thing to say about men suffering from severe anxiety, for all you know the only thing that makes their dick feel big is being able to hold that spiderman next to it and make web shooty noises before they let their surrogate mom-girlfriend suck their knob and if Jeffrey touches his spiderman it's just like he thought it would happen, his little brother-son is taking mommy away!!

These are serious and real problems you shouldn't make light of so casually, you monster.

ETA: holy poo poo you guys are fast to jump on these nerd rights issues I thought I finally had you beat.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I know a couple of people who... well, they don't call themselves "child free", but I heard the term "crotchdroppings" and "breeder" from them so I assume that they are drinking the kool-aid. They sometimes cite human reproduction as a major environmental disaster, but for some reason it only really ever comes up when they're dwelling on the personal inconvenience someone's kid has or will deliver to them.

I like to think the more level-headed "childfree" types don't necessarily have a problem with kids, but mostly with irresponsible parents.

I equate it to myself not being the biggest fan of dogs. The primary reason I don't like dogs is because all of my friends who are dog owners have dogs that are totally out of control and disobedient. The doorbell rings and the dog goes insane. They see a squirrel outside and the dog goes insane. They hear a noise outside and the dog goes insane. Basically any external stimuli throws them into a frenzy. They've never taken the time to train or discipline their dogs, so they are just totally out of control all the time. It's not the dog's fault. They don't know any better. Same with obnoxious kids who have lazy parents that never discipline them.

Conversely, on the occasions I have met well-behaved and obedient dogs, they're fantastic! Service dogs are the best examples. They are 100% amazing and totally badass, and I have nothing but respect for those dogs and their trainers.

--

Of course...plenty of childfree weirdos are just irrational and use dumb terms like "crotchdroppings", "mombie", and "daddict." They're worse than the things they complain about.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

:siren: :siren: WHO WANTS TO HEAR MY OPINIONS ON CUM? :siren: :siren:

page back but pm me I'm working on a dissertation

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Dial-a-Dog posted:

He forgot to add seven. Easy mistake.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

Yea, gently caress people who cheat or people who beat their spouses, manchildren are the real scum.

They're the real unrecognized scum. I could go back to posting the legions of comments from women who married manchildren partners and how they've all become suicidal shells of themselves.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Wow, Pick, that's a pretty prejudiced thing to say about men suffering from severe anxiety, for all you know the only thing that makes their dick feel big is being able to hold that spiderman next to it and make web shooty noises before they let their surrogate mom-girlfriend suck their knob and if Jeffrey touches his spiderman it's just like he thought it would happen, his little brother-son is taking mommy away!!

These are serious and real problems you shouldn't make light of so casually, you monster.

Yeah, that's the logic! They have a problem, ergo it is everyone else's problem.

And of course, their logic is infallible so obviously they are right :spergin:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Yeah, no problem. I'm currently phone posting but when I get back to my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

They're the real unrecognized scum. I could go back to posting the legions of comments from women who married manchildren partners and how they've all become suicidal shells of themselves.

:justpost: