Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

loving finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Jesus. Where did they find the basement dweller that did the voice over for that?

At least at the disclaimer at the end it states "Not actual game play". So none of what you saw, you actually get to do. So on the bright side at least they are being careful with their false advertisement this time and not showing a bunch of poo poo that isn't going to be in the game.

But that voice over actor... :suicide: Who the hell thought that was a good idea.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 12, 2017

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Pilot sounds like a nerd.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I am enthused by the return of the Mako, and think the Tempest looks cool.

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010
If you can actually do resource gathering without getting out of the Nomad that's a pretty big QoL improvement from most RPG's with resource gathering. One of the things I hated from DA:I was that I had to get off my mount every time I wanted to gather something so eventually I stopped using the mount all together and just moved on foot.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

BexGu posted:

The Pilot sounds like a nerd.

Utnayan posted:

Jesus. Where did they find the basement dweller that did the voice over for that?

At least at the disclaimer at the end it states "Not actual game play". So none of what you saw, you actually get to do. So on the bright side at least they are being careful with their false advertisement this time and not showing a bunch of poo poo that isn't going to be in the game.

But that voice over actor... :suicide: Who the hell thought that was a good idea.

smh at all the so-called Mass Effect players who can't recognize a salarian voice when they hear it

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

tayvaan posted:

If you can actually do resource gathering without getting out of the Nomad that's a pretty big QoL improvement from most RPG's with resource gathering. One of the things I hated from DA:I was that I had to get off my mount every time I wanted to gather something so eventually I stopped using the mount all together and just moved on foot.

Was the horse even faster than just running?

Either way I never used it because it prevented your party members from talking to each other.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The horse was faster than running but totally superfluous for most maps that were dense with points of interest. Its most useful application was in saving you from fall damage. Those battle nugs can take a beating.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

smh at all the so-called Mass Effect players who can't recognize a salarian voice when they hear it

I was thinking about that and wondered why a salarian is briefing the humans about the human pathfinder ship, especially when he mentioned being part of the crew at the end.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I just hope they don't screw up the multiplayer.

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010

Mymla posted:

Was the horse even faster than just running?

Either way I never used it because it prevented your party members from talking to each other.

There were definitely several issues with mounts in DA:I, fair enough. Witcher 3 might be a better example of a game that would be improved by being able to gather resources while on your horse.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

year199X posted:

I was thinking about that and wondered why a salarian is briefing the humans about the human pathfinder ship, especially when he mentioned being part of the crew at the end.

Affirmative Action Diversity Hire, the Systems Alliance was blocked from hiring a white man I mean human for the position if a qualified alien was available.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Also I really like the idea of MEGAREAPERS who cull the entire universe of reapers once every trillion years.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Pattonesque posted:

:( Here is what a Salarian sounds like when they pay a voice actor and have a sound editing crew.

9:14 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGXZ3cCHAA

That video sounded like they just recorded a guy while he was holding back an explosive dump that he needed to take, but before he could, he needed to get 2 minutes of dialogue out first.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Monolith. posted:

I just hope they don't screw up the multiplayer.

Pretty hard to screw up horde mode. Something that can be designed, QA'd, and launched by a 6 year old.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Pattonesque posted:

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Utnayan posted:

:( Here is what a Salarian sounds like when they pay a voice actor and have a sound editing crew.

9:14 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGXZ3cCHAA

That video sounded like they just recorded a guy while he was holding back an explosive dump that he needed to take, but before he could, he needed to get 2 minutes of dialogue out first.

I don't know, to me he sounded like he got a boner every time he started speaking about flashy tech, which I guess falls in line with a tech wiz pilot kinda archetype. so yeah, definitely a nerd but I don't really think the VA was bad.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

gonna push that dweeb into a locker

and bang him

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Utnayan posted:

Pretty hard to screw up horde mode. Something that can be designed, QA'd, and launched by a 6 year old.

DAI:Multiplayer was a pile of dogshit.

There's always room to do worse.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Some of you are incredibly desperate to find something, anything, to complain about with MEA. And not ironically either.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Based on past experience you have to be desperate to find something to be positive about MEA.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hmm I didnt like this one voice actor so I'll cancel my pre-order, thanks Bioware

Serf
May 5, 2011

Game still looks good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Nobody should pre-order Mass Effect: Andromeda, or in fact any game ever.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Thor-Stryker posted:

Very true.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

Nobody should pre-order Mass Effect: Andromeda, or in fact any game ever.

Yes, this.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Everybody should preorder every game. No games should be available to anyone who didn't preorder.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Do what makes you happy.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

year199X posted:

I think they already mentioned the pilot is a salarian.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Based on past experience you have to be desperate to find something to be positive about MEA.

100% of mass effect games so far have been good.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

marshmallow creep posted:

Everybody should preorder every game. No games should be available to anyone who didn't preorder.

All new game purchases already are preorders, and with your preorder you receive beta access, they just don't call it that.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mymla posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhh, kind of dropped the ball with the Me3 story and only got a surprise home run with the ME3 muiltiplayer to even it out.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mymla posted:

The only one I wouldn't want to replay is the first one. I loved it each time through, but after playing 2 and 3 I just can't go back.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mymla posted:

Despite this purpotedly being a major AAA release everything surrounding Andromeda has looked extremely second rate. They're selling people on their tropes and memes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Philonius posted:

Correct.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Philonius posted:

If the salarian ship doesn't have a human pilot I will be deeply offended.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Thor-Stryker posted:

DAI MP was poo poo because DAI combat was poo poo and because it felt slow due to the lack of an action over-the-shoulder camera. the concepts were fine, I liked the class-related secret areas and going full Link on the pottery for extra gold.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Mymla posted:

It doesn't matter when you know what the developer has become :(

And for that, just go ahead and point to DA:I.

Hopefully it is a good solid game and I will play it because I love the universe it is set in... But I do not have any confidence in this company any longer.

inflatable fish posted:

DAI MP was poo poo because DAI combat was poo poo and because it felt slow due to the lack of an action over-the-shoulder camera. the concepts were fine, I liked the class-related secret areas and going full Link on the pottery for extra gold.

Welp, I have some news for you then with regards to DA:I combat, it's engine, and ME:A combat.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Inquisition's MP would have been way better if it didn't take so long to assemble all the class kits and the servers weren't so janky. The combat felt really floaty all the time because your party members were lag teleporting all over the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Utnayan posted:

And for that, just go ahead and point to DA:I.

DAI is a good game.