Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I'm pretty sure you can get it added to your steam account, they don't hand out steam keys any more though.

e: yeah read here https://ludeon.com/blog/faq/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So I did this mountainous ice sheet map that's going well, -70c with volcanic winter right now. My problem is I have no source of clothing except hydroponic grown cotton and I can't request trades from factions because of bad temperature. So I can survive doing little outings and living off the mountain but I'm not sure how I would do a -100c biome of this since without wool I'm pretty much screwed on temperature defense

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
You need heat bunkers! Dot them around the map for the areas you think most likely to be traveled. You colonists will seek them out once hypothermia starts, and then as soon as it's gone they will continue on to complete their tasks. Clothing is just to make people comfortable for longer/fulltime periods outdoors. if you're lacking the ability to make that clothing, you bring the heat to your colonists.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zhentar posted:

If you know C#, then yeah, it's pretty easy.
i have tons of experience in that language so killer.

while I make absolutely no promises i'll ever actually do anything with this, since we're all thinking about them, folks in the thread please feel free to add suggestions to this event design document so i have something to think about while I'm contemplating diving into this.

by add suggestions i mean right click, go to suggestion mode, and you should be able to add whatever. let me know if it's not working.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 12, 2017

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

"I am not using many mods"

Items (106)

I'm guessing he's modded Skyrim in the past :colbert:

48 for me. Pretty stable so far, thank christ.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a cooldown on rain? It took loving forever to get a rainstorm after this fire started

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I did this mountainous ice sheet map that's going well, -70c with volcanic winter right now. My problem is I have no source of clothing except hydroponic grown cotton and I can't request trades from factions because of bad temperature. So I can survive doing little outings and living off the mountain but I'm not sure how I would do a -100c biome of this since without wool I'm pretty much screwed on temperature defense

The vanilla game is not terribly forgiving here but there are some good alternatives in mods (Medieval Times allows for disassembling scavenged clothing e.g.) plus you can always butcher raiders :shrug:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Trumbo fur parkas

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

MadJackMcJack posted:

I'm guessing he's modded Skyrim in the past :colbert:

48 for me. Pretty stable so far, thank christ.

An excellent, and correct, guess.

Bout to remod SSE once everything gets updated to the new SKSE.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh wow, I had my first rescuee actually join my colony after I rescued them. I was actually just trying to get my doctor some experience that wouldn't be too bad if he ended up slicing out their spine trying to bandage their arm.

E: Was checking out different mods and the psychology one looked promising... until I saw this

Individuality: Pawns don't like looking the same as everybody else. They will get a gradually worsening mood penalty depending on how many other colony members are wearing the exact same outfit.

Why did they think this was a good thing to have, did Tynan make this mod :eng99:

Leal fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jan 12, 2017

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

Trumbo fur parkas

a good idea for no reason other than the more thrumbo fur you try to collect the less colonists you need to clothe.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

What the gently caress

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Leal posted:

Individuality: Pawns don't like looking the same as everybody else. They will get a gradually worsening mood penalty depending on how many other colony members are wearing the exact same outfit.

Why did they think this was a good thing to have, did Tynan make this mod :eng99:

If you're using the Medieval Times mod this is not a big deal at all, there's tons of garment variety.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Teikanmi posted:

What the gently caress

Alpacas are great and super easy to tame, go do it

They produce great wool and stuff!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

McGiggins posted:

I have found exactly that, and I am hopeful this will fix the problem. One question is though, how do i know I have selected all the information relevant to him for deletion? I am assuming leaving anything left over is bad, but there does not seem to be a clear delineation between his data and that of other characters that is apparent from first glance.

Fake edit: I hosed it up, then unfucked it up (hosed down?) and now it works!

This was a PERFECT solution and I would love to know how you identified the issue. Is this a problem with the mod that adds the hediff for the thief?

It was a known bug in a previous version of a mod that's since been fixed. You just triggered the event and saved your game before the fix rolled out.

Leal posted:

Oh wow, I had my first rescuee actually join my colony after I rescued them. I was actually just trying to get my doctor some experience that wouldn't be too bad if he ended up slicing out their spine trying to bandage their arm.

E: Was checking out different mods and the psychology one looked promising... until I saw this

Don't rely so heavily on outfitting everyone in exactly the same clothes, scrub

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

GenericOverusedName posted:

Alpacas are great and super easy to tame, go do it

They produce great wool and stuff!

I think he's probably more concerned about the bears.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Internet Explorer posted:

I think he's probably more concerned about the bears.

Haha. I thought those were beavers. Sheeeeeeit.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Those are capybaras :confused:

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Rodents of unusual size? Don't believe in them.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Started a new map last night. Single wealthy colonist, boreal forest biome with a month and a half of grow season or something. It's pretty cool having visible seasons and actual weather.

And a couple robot servants to help me build a new vault :getin:

Fueled generators everywhere, but I'm finally getting geothermal online. Greenhouse is functional and the under ground freezer is filling up nicely. Managed to survive the first winter pretty well, except one of my random joiners got murdered by an Arctic fox when I lost track of her for five minutes.

Jesus lady, you have a stone club, and Arctic foxes are the size of a house cat :psyduck:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
3 person colony. Had a hunter miss, shoot a timberwolf, get mauled before beating it to death. While he limped back to camp another colonist died from malaria, his bonded huskie went berserk and bit the gently caress out of the hunter who beat it into submission. Hunter makes it back to the barracks just in time for the doctor to have a mental breakdown, go beserk, and stab the hunter multiple times. Yet still the hunter persevered and beat down the doctor. He climbs into bed and [RAID]

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Mondays, right guys

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Hahaha, sorry, I was on my phone and they looked like bears.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Flesh Forge posted:

Correction: those are one-half of all your nice dinners for the next two seasons or so.

And seriously, whoever posted that image, tame the gently caress out of those Alpacas. You will be swimming in enough wool to build a fashion-supply-caravan trade empire!

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Is it just bad luck or are guns much more fatal in the latest version? Seems like my combat and hunting encounters are much shorter and brutal than they used to be. Went from a Schwarzenegger movie with folks taking a ton of punishment to Saving Private Ryan.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Omnicarus posted:

Is it just bad luck or are guns much more fatal in the latest version? Seems like my combat and hunting encounters are much shorter and brutal than they used to be. Went from a Schwarzenegger movie with folks taking a ton of punishment to Saving Private Ryan.

Everything bleeds out way faster now, I have to keep microing prisoners to not use medicine because captives bleed out before the doc gets back

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Danaru posted:

Everything bleeds out way faster now, I have to keep microing prisoners to not use medicine because captives bleed out before the doc gets back

I never send my doctor into combat, this allows for injured colonists who need aid in the middle of a fire fight to be sent back to immediate treatment.

If you set up your base to have retreat locations, it works well.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Danaru posted:

Protip: Have multiple pawns with highish medicine skill, capture prisoners with them, heal them immediately (don't even use healroot). No matter what quality a tend is it'll stop bleeding.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Is there a list of "Ideal Growing Temperature" for plants anywhere?

Without playing with my heaters I'm trying to figure out how to get all my planets in hydroponics to be 230% growth.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Without playing with my heaters I'm trying to figure out how to get all my planets in hydroponics to be 230% growth.

Probably still gonna take a few tens of millions of years at minimum.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Yep, my whole loving colony just got murdered when the family of deer I was hunting got pissed and decided to get revenge. God dammit.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Protip: Have multiple pawns with highish medicine skill, capture prisoners with them, heal them immediately (don't even use healroot). No matter what quality a tend is it'll stop bleeding.

That's what I mean, my doctor will capture people then run out to get healroot medicine, I have to click on the prisoner, set them to healing but no medicine, then tell them to heal again. Is there a way to change that default, because I haven't found it :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It was a known bug in a previous version of a mod that's since been fixed. You just triggered the event and saved your game before the fix rolled out.

Don't rely so heavily on outfitting everyone in exactly the same clothes, scrub

They will all be wearing cotton hats and they will loving like it :mad:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Leal posted:

They will all be wearing cotton hats and they will loving like it :mad:

They can all wear cotton hats as long as they're not the same color and they're not also all wearing the same color alpaca wool jacket, the same color devilstrand button-down shirt, and the same color beaverskin pants.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
wait the same clothes penalty is vanilla? I thought that was from the psychology mod! dammit tynan why do you have all the starting scenarios give everyone the exact same crap! :argh:

:edit: whoops didn't read all the posts entirely. :downs:

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I started a tribe game in the jungle. After an opening brawl with a mad monkey 2 tribespeople got infections from arrow wounds and died of infection the first night.
Welp.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

poo poo man, I just have standing orders for "make until you have x" pants, button down shirts, dusters/parkas, and tuques/cowboy hats (weather dependant) from any kind of textile or leather available where x is twice the number of pawns in your colony.

Then just set up a trade beacon and a dump site for all your old worn out stuff and sell it whenever you get guests or a ship. I call it the goodwill donation box stockpile.

They totally take care of their own diverse wardrobes with absolutely no interaction on my part outside setting up the tailor bench and appropriate zoning.

It's really not a big deal, is it? Kinda neat from a flavour perspective IMO.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They can all wear cotton hats as long as they're not the same color and they're not also all wearing the same color alpaca wool jacket, the same color devilstrand button-down shirt, and the same color beaverskin pants.

They'll also enjoy their human leather tshirts and pants, less they become next year's model.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thefluffy posted:

wait the same clothes penalty is vanilla? I thought that was from the psychology mod! dammit tynan why do you have all the starting scenarios give everyone the exact same crap! :argh:

:edit: whoops didn't read all the posts entirely. :downs:

You get a grace period for the first two seasons, as I understand

Leal posted:

They'll also enjoy their human leather tshirts and pants, less they become next year's model.

I can't imagine why any of your colonists would feel bad about this arrangement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Is there a list of "Ideal Growing Temperature" for plants anywhere?

There's only one ideal growth temperature, it applies to all plants. You can't have all hydroponics plants be at 230% growth because not all plants have 100% fertility sensitivity.

Danaru posted:

That's what I mean, my doctor will capture people then run out to get healroot medicine, I have to click on the prisoner, set them to healing but no medicine, then tell them to heal again. Is there a way to change that default, because I haven't found it :(

Step Away From The Medicine

Danaru posted:

Only gunshot wounds, neck injuries, and head injuries. Other locations/injury types bleed the same as the used to. Of course, those three changes are still plenty to hit 600%+ bleed rates.