Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

AegisP posted:

It's not quite a train, but it still makes me laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ2o61mA6Rg

:smugdon: -------> :vince: -------> :stonklol:

(This is getting ridiculous)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Just leveled up before the Maintenance hit

gently caress me

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I tried getting into this for a bit and it seems to be a copy paste of Brave Frontier now with licensing characters instead of the "drawn in Flash" designs they had in that game. Still getting the hang of things and looking around, but I did noticed that you guys in this thread seem to be getting faster TM rates than I did when I did a couple of test runs on a macro. Is there something I missed? Do you need to spend lapis or be max level on the characters you are trying to TM grind? Because after leaving it on for about 5 hours, I got about .2% on one character and .5% on another (other for got literal nothing,) I dont see how that's a realistic rate. There's certainly no way they design that system for human beings to grind themselves. What am I missing?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I tried getting into this for a bit and it seems to be a copy paste of Brave Frontier now with licensing characters instead of the "drawn in Flash" designs they had in that game. Still getting the hang of things and looking around, but I did noticed that you guys in this thread seem to be getting faster TM rates than I did when I did a couple of test runs on a macro. Is there something I missed? Do you need to spend lapis or be max level on the characters you are trying to TM grind? Because after leaving it on for about 5 hours, I got about .2% on one character and .5% on another (other for got literal nothing,) I dont see how that's a realistic rate. There's certainly no way they design that system for human beings to grind themselves. What am I missing?

Some people spend Lapis for refreshes to speed it along, yes. And no, they didn't design it for human beings to grind themselves, they designed it for whales to spend 1000's on pulls and smash rare pulls together instead of grinding them out.

Generally, without Lapis refreshes it takes over a month to complete a TMR.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
it's roughly 1% over 8 hours without lapis. I got something silly like 11% overnight at rank 75 when I funneled my Xmas lapis into TMR.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the tm gain rate is supposed to be 10% i think. it only exists to avoid anti gambling laws in japan, where they're also not even allowed to macro. it mainly was a thing that rewarded hardcore whaling, but trust moogles are a thing to help. whatever your returns over five hours were are going to be super small sample size. also as a new account you probably started macroing with somewhere between 30-50 less base energy than a lot of people who macro in this thread which is gonna be a pretty significant difference in gain even if after you start you're both getting the same energy gain rate.

edit: to give you an idea of how tm gain goes from regular play, two units i got when i started during soft launch are currently at 11% and 15% tm when they were in my party for probably 80% of the time i had played the game. the zidane i got this week with a 10% trust moogle and some tm macroing is at 17% right now.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jan 12, 2017

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Ah, I set up the macro to delay so that I was running only once every 5 minutes to avoid losing any NRG. I guess if you're spamming the stage back to back with a big NRG pool AND refreshing it to keep going would go a lot faster. What would be a recommended rank to start TM farming then? Whenever you have 60+ max NRG?

edit: I guess what I really mean is, how much NRG do you need for it to be "worth it" to refresh with 100lapis?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

honestly macroing at low rank seems like a great idea since your max energy cap is gonna be full way before you wake up. i dont lapis refresh and you definitely dont want to do it until you have a higher energy cap than whatever amount you get from the store is, which is probably 60?

just set it up to use all of your energy while you're asleep or won't play for however many hours. having a lower cap just makes lapis refresh worse but actually i didnt think of that less waste energy thing so tm grind away.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Ariana Grande is a 4*-6* free unit.

https://www.facebook.com/ffbeen/posts/729423540552862

quote:

Ariana Grande will be holding a concert and hopes to bring love and peace into the world of Lapis through her music!
Don't miss out on her equipment and unit, Dangerous Ariana! Get her at 4-star form for free and power her up to 6-star!
Also, watch out for her exclusive vortex dungeon coming your way this January 19th!
Mark your calendar for her game debut!

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Mischalaniouse posted:

designed it for whales to spend 1000's on pulls and smash rare pulls together instead of grinding them out.

This seems really inefficient. Wouldn't you rather keep both copies and grind them both out so that you can get 2 copies of the TM reward? I can't imagine 5% TM being that worth it, if you already have a method to farm TM at a reasonable pace (1 char a month or w/e + you get frogs...err mogs.)

It just seems to me that if youre the type of person who would sac a premium pull for 5% just because youre impatient, then I cant imagine how you have the patience to play the game at all, considering how grindy and slow every single other thing is.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jan 12, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you're asking if the people who are willing to spend $450 and aren't allowed to tm macro at all are worried about inefficiency

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If macroing was a definite ban we'd be okay with the 10% TM event tomorrow, 9999 cost with 104 currency per 13 NRG ELT if earnings and prices remain unchanged. Here's to another day of Nox running constantly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

If macroing was a definite ban we'd be okay with the 10% TM event tomorrow, 9999 cost with 104 currency per 13 NRG ELT if earnings and prices remain unchanged. Here's to another day of Nox running constantly.

I usually get a Memu crash about every 2 hours. I got chrome remote desktop working last night and now I can fix the crashing from my phone during the day.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Blew 7 tickets today for random TM units until this popped up.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Gyoru posted:

Blew 7 tickets today for random TM units until this popped up.

Have fun owning bones in the Arena.

I fear her more than Noctis. Especially if people one day learn to stack defense/HP on her.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Ariana is free, called it. Surprised that she goes to 6* though, did not see that coming.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Mugaaz posted:

Ariana is free, called it. Surprised that she goes to 6* though, did not see that coming.

Watch her need a unique mat you can only get from store bundles.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im not remotely surprised that they're gonna make their big advertising thing a free 6* unit, having a good free unit to trick your potential new players into thinking the game is super generous is a lot fuckin smarter than trying to make some quick cash by making it impossible to get or use

i havent spent money since the new player pack but i immediately assumed the gacha wouldnt be backbreaking in the game since it was such a great deal, and i held onto that thought for a long time

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

This seems really inefficient. Wouldn't you rather keep both copies and grind them both out so that you can get 2 copies of the TM reward? I can't imagine 5% TM being that worth it, [...]

someone just spent $1500 pulling for dark fina. they'll have tens of copies of other banner chars.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm curious where she'll fall in the rankings and what her kit will look like.

I can't recall, is she a mage?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Unknown exactly, but in one of the screenshots, she's casting Dance Tune, whatever that does.

Our first 6* Support would make sense, but we won't know really.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

AegisP posted:

Unknown exactly, but in one of the screenshots, she's casting Dance Tune, whatever that does.

Our first 6* Support would make sense, but we won't know really.

A dedicated support class doesn't really have a fit on any of my teams.

That being said, I could always replace Luka with her and keep my Dual Cast on Cecil for Double Curaja fun.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm secretly hoping she has a +100% Stat and MP recovery song like Ramza+. I don't know why I get my hopes up like this.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Where does a support character even fit on a team makeup going forward? Tank, Healer, support, 2dps?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Where does a support character even fit on a team makeup going forward? Tank, Healer, support, 2dps?

It varies depending on what you're doing and what units you have. I've seen dudes in JP use two tanks or two Rems or two Rikkus and weird poo poo like that for certain fights.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Basic layout should be Tank/Healer/Support/2dps/Friend-dps , yea, though fight dependent.

Supports typically cover elemental resistance, damage resistance/reduction, status resistance, Auto-Revives, supplementary healing, and supplementary damage.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ramza, after augments, is disgustingly good for support because his hero song(?) becomes something like a channeled 100% atk/def/mag/spr buff that also recovers hp/mp for the party. I forget where it was linked, but there was a video of a party that included Ramza, Rikku, and maybe Tilith, taking on the mech(?) trial boss and it made the fight look significantly easier than it actually is.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ramza, after augments, is disgustingly good for support because his hero song(?) becomes something like a channeled 100% atk/def/mag/spr buff that also recovers hp/mp for the party. I forget where it was linked, but there was a video of a party that included Ramza, Rikku, and maybe Tilith, taking on the mech(?) trial boss and it made the fight look significantly easier than it actually is.

By virtue of Rikku using her LB every single turn to Auto-revive.

That video was a corpse march.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Rikku pretty much has her own class.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

I'm the daily draw Delita. Grats Greg on your moonblade.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I'm the daily medius, guess I can go for 4 growth eggs.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tipme posted:

I'm the daily medius, guess I can go for 4 growth eggs.

I'm the four Elles in a row.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I hope when they say big Ariana is a free unit it means they stick her in your roster and don't let you sell her like a story unit. I just want everyone who hates the whole idea to be stuck with her forever

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was a pretty long run of not much to do but TM grind. Since Frosty ended (where a lot of people even had all the rewards by the end of the first week) all you basically had to do was run the 5 Aquapolis levels plus the dailies and you were set. Will probably TM the first few days of the Type-0 while hoping to get some bonus units and waiting for friends to get some too. I suggest if you get lucky on pulls to really hammer the King Mog stuff. I lucked into 2 Lightnings (100% Bonus) and 3 75% bonus units during the last one and with a friend Lightning I was rolling in gears. Ended up with 50 of every 6* mat, both trust Moogles, and anything else useful. Then again it may not work well with this banner since the difference in running 2+1 Lightnings and say 2+1 Aces may be hard to overcome.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I hope when they say big Ariana is a free unit it means they stick her in your roster and don't let you sell her like a story unit. I just want everyone who hates the whole idea to be stuck with her forever

But that means nobody needs to use or acknowledge her, since story units don't get TMRs.

On the other hand, if she has a great TMR, like, say, Maxwell does...

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

KDdidit posted:

Was a pretty long run of not much to do but TM grind. Since Frosty ended (where a lot of people even had all the rewards by the end of the first week) all you basically had to do was run the 5 Aquapolis levels plus the dailies and you were set. Will probably TM the first few days of the Type-0 while hoping to get some bonus units and waiting for friends to get some too. I suggest if you get lucky on pulls to really hammer the King Mog stuff. I lucked into 2 Lightnings (100% Bonus) and 3 75% bonus units during the last one and with a friend Lightning I was rolling in gears. Ended up with 50 of every 6* mat, both trust Moogles, and anything else useful. Then again it may not work well with this banner since the difference in running 2+1 Lightnings and say 2+1 Aces may be hard to overcome.

I may just forgo the 6* Mats this time. Pretty sure I have a full stack of each of them.

I'll just get the Tickets, Gigantuars and the moogles if it's not a great pain in the rear end.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
I wonder what the Ariana Grande dungeon will be like. Attack her enough until she says she can't walk straight and then she joins you and sings that song?

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

insideoutside posted:

I wonder what the Ariana Grande dungeon will be like. Attack her enough until she says she can't walk straight and then she joins you and sings that song?

Well, she is a free unit designed to bring people into the game, so probably a very easy dungeon that any account could do(or even just sending her to everyone) and likely a grind for awakening her past 4*.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

m.hache posted:

I'll just get the Tickets, Gigantuars and the moogles if it's not a great pain in the rear end.

JP was 104 currency per 13 NRG ELT not counting modifiers, boss must get killed in the first turn or left with 30% or more health after first turn or out comes a massive nuke that causes blind+paralyse to all. King Mog hasn't leaked the global price list yet.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
How easy is it generally to get upgrade materials from these things? I have 4 units ready to awaken to 6.

• Locked thread