Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Important thing with the theme list for khador:

The gun carriage is a winter guard model, you can take it in the list and sac pawn onto it

My first take at a list:

Sorscha1
War Dog
Beast 09
Destroyer
Marauder

WG Riflemen with 3 rocketeers
Gun Carriage
Joe
Widowmakers
Marksman
Min mechaniks
2 free mortars

Alternatively:
Sorscha2
Beast 09
Destroyer
Marauder

WGI with officer and 3 rockets
Gun Carriage
Joe
Widowmakers
Marksman
Min mechaniks
Free mortar
Free field gun

In either of these lists I could take malakov instead of the marksman to put the marauder on for some redline action. Beast 09 can shield guard, and if I keep him near sorscha I can sucker a hit from him onto sorscha who then sac pawns onto the gun carriage, while mechaniks repair it since it can't be greviously wounded now. I like the idea of advance move letting the jacks run interference a little better.

The S1 list is going to be great for freezing poo poo to nail with these guns, but shatterstorming the widowmakers with S2 is good fun, and with iron flesh, tough, and desperate pace S2 can launch a WGIDS pretty well and they'll obliterate whatever they hit on feat turn.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

head58 posted:

Shield guard on a Banishing Warded Imperatus under a kinetic field seems legit.

How are you getting banishing ward and Imperatus in the same list here? Theme is shyeel non character jacks only (unless your Vyros because bond rules)

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

CaptCommy posted:

How are you getting banishing ward and Imperatus in the same list here? Theme is shyeel non character jacks only (unless your Vyros because bond rules)

You'd have to swap Imperatus out for a Phoenix. Neither Vyros has Banishing Ward.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

S.J. posted:

Yeah advanced move on my storm cav? whaaaaaat

Advance Move is Storm Blades only, but the extra solos are just bonus points for what you are taking already. I know locally one of the guys I play with must be dancing in the sprinkler, but gaining a bunch of extra stuff for an army that is Mhorvana w/ Bloodweavers and Bloodtrackers seems to be helping him go from bad to okay instead of good to great or great to greater.

Overall, I'm pleased with themes except for the Cygnar one, and even that might have more holes in actual play than I expect it to.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

CaptCommy posted:

Because I'm an idiot who didn't read the non-character part. So lose the kinetic field and shield guard to a Hyperion I guess.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I love the Convergence theme so much. Syntherion and Iron Mother are all up in that business.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Fuuuuuuuck that Khador theme list.

You know the worst part? Karchev Armor Spam now gets a free Advance Move to help its scenario game. Whee! *faceplant*

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

head58 posted:

Because I'm an idiot who didn't read the non-character part. So lose the kinetic field and shield guard to a Hyperion I guess.

Go with Rahn. No Banishing Ward, but you can still have Discordia. And you get to make some variant on the joke that "Disco never dies!" while tanking the gently caress out of enemy shooting.

I wish I could go with the theme on Garryth for my Journeyman, since most of my games have him losing to shooting in my meta (2 decent CoC players)

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

rydiafan posted:

I love the Convergence theme so much. Syntherion and Iron Mother are all up in that business.

making GBS threads out a theoretically infinite number of shield guard models

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

susan posted:

Fuuuuuuuck that Khador theme list.

You know the worst part? Karchev Armor Spam now gets a free Advance Move to help its scenario game. Whee! *faceplant*

And it lost jury rigged and the berserker chassis got way more expensive, and he dosn't boost attack anymore, so who cares?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 12, 2017

susan
Jan 14, 2013

chutche2 posted:

And it lost jury rigged and the berserker chassis got way more expensive, and he dosn't boost attack anymore, so who cares?

You feel confident dealing with 10 ARM 20 MAT 7 34HP Marauders at the midline on the top of 1? I kinda don't.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

susan posted:

You feel confident dealing with 10 ARM 20 MAT 7 34HP Marauders at the midline on the top of 1? I kinda don't.

Aren't they SPD 4? 7+4+4+4=19, not 24.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah like everyone forgets about the marauders for some reason, who got secret anti collosal buffs and are natural high def caster killers.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

rydiafan posted:

If you can get a R2W off that early it's still 23, so I'm assuming hyperbole was in effect

susan
Jan 14, 2013

rydiafan posted:

Hmm. Right, math failed me. But still. 5" off midline with countercharge up is pretty hosed.

Khador - Karchev the Meta

Karchev the Terrible - WJ: +30
- Marauder - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Marauder - PC: 10
- Juggernaut - PC: 12

Battle Mechaniks - Leader & 3 Grunts: 3

THEME: Winter Guard Kommand

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

rkajdi posted:

Advance Move is Storm Blades only, but the extra solos are just bonus points for what you are taking already. I know locally one of the guys I play with must be dancing in the sprinkler, but gaining a bunch of extra stuff for an army that is Mhorvana w/ Bloodweavers and Bloodtrackers seems to be helping him go from bad to okay instead of good to great or great to greater.

Overall, I'm pleased with themes except for the Cygnar one, and even that might have more holes in actual play than I expect it to.

It's Stormsmiths too, so I'm gonna throw a Battle Engine in there. Also you can get Acosta for free!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Also the Rhulic theme force is loaded in war room but wasn't in the PDF.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

Also the Rhulic theme force is loaded in war room but wasn't in the PDF.

What is in it? I don't have access to update war room until late tonight.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rydiafan posted:

With the Iron Wolf it's 7+4+9+3

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

albany academy posted:

If you can get a R2W off that early it's still 23, so I'm assuming hyperbole was in effect

Not sure how you get a R2W off top of 1 when you spent 100 points on melee warjacks

rkajdi posted:

What is in it? I don't have access to update war room until late tonight.

Rhulic models only

For every 20 points of units, get a free CA, weapon crew, or ogrun bokur.

Heavy jacks and weapon crews get reposition 3

2 extra inches of deploy

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chutche2 posted:

Not sure how you get a R2W off top of 1 when you spent 100 points on melee warjacks

By spending 92 points on jacks and the other 8 on widowmakers I would imagine

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chutche2 posted:

Maybe drop the Jugg and mechanics, and take some WGI w/ rockets. I still remain unconvinced that spam provides a better list than being heavy skew and having a few side things that try to handle other issues.

quote:

Rhulic models only

For every 20 points of units, get a free CA, weapon crew, or ogrun bokur.

Heavy jacks and weapon crews get reposition 3

2 extra inches of deploy

Not sure I like it, but I'm not a Rhulic player. It doesn't appear to do anything for all the bad stuff they have except give +2" of deployment.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

xiw posted:

Well, that's how they nerfed kickymonks!

gently caress 'the enemy lose AD' theme bonuses though.

Sooooo I guess Wracks are warrior models?

Wracks without AD would be very sad.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Rhulic theme list still not enough to field highshields, TAC, or OAC. I'd take 2 units of forge guard, herne and jonne, and an artillery corps to get past the 40 mark for a free bokur and a second artillery corps.

I'd take Ossrum with a driller, rockram, and 2 gunners. Take two forge guard, two bokurs, two artillery corps, herne & jonne, and a siege crawler. Snipe the siege crawler, bullet dodger ossrum, and move FFE between the two mortars while ossrum hides behind bokurs. Hope that the feat and the extra bit of deployment will get the forge guard delivered. On a turn when the jacks are going into melee, just don't hot swap FFE so that those 3 focus can be put into the heavies.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Correction, here is a take for the Cryx theme;

War Room Army

Cryx - New Army

Theme: The Ghost Fleet
75 / 75 Army

Warwitch Deneghra - WJ: +28
- Ripjaw - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Ripjaw - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Nightmare - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)

Captain Rengrave - PC: 0
Pistol Wraith - PC: 0
Aiakos, Scourge of the Meredius - PC: 4
- Stalker - PC: 8
- Stalker - PC: 8

Blackbane's Ghost Raiders - Blackbane & 9 Grunts: 17
Revenant Crew of the Atramentous - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
- Revenant Crew Rifleman - PC: 2
Revenant Crew of the Atramentous - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
Revenant Cannon Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 4

THEME: The Ghost Fleet
---

GENERATED : 01/12/2017 14:22:49
BUILD ID : 2034.17-01-07

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 12, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I would do something like this for a karchev theme list.

(Karchev 1) Karchev the Terrible [+30]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Marauder [10]
- Marauder [10]
- Marauder [10]
- Kodiak [13]
- Kodiak [13]
Winter Guard Gun Carriage [18]
Battle Mechaniks (min) [3]
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew [4]
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew [0]

7 advance move jacks, karchev can sac pawn on the gun carriage, and the two field guns knock stuff down. Carriage can start the road to war moves, and the kodiaks are just fine going through its crater AoEs. Colossals can proceed to die when marauders roll up on them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I will never get over the Marauder being ten. It's priced like a light beast

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I honestly can't decide if karchev wants one high arm sac pawn that can get shot to death by anything ap and boosting or a bunch of little cheap tough idiots who can minifeat for sprays.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

albany academy posted:

I honestly can't decide if karchev wants one high arm sac pawn that can get shot to death by anything ap and boosting or a bunch of little cheap tough idiots who can minifeat for sprays.

To be fair, you can also sac pawn onto the weapon crews. Field guns have 2 spare grunts. Since the large based model in the unit has take up, that gives you more space to sac pawn onto and then it kills a grunt instead of the gun.

A kara list will kill a gun carriage, sure. But 25 boxes at 20 arm isn't trivial for most lists to deal with at range, and you can have cheap mechaniks following it.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 12, 2017

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

True. It's just every time I've used the GC (which isn't much tbh) I've been trampling it like an idiot all over the place and not really within 3" of my caster.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

This one's called "gently caress u"

Edit: wrong one
Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf - WJ: +28
- War Dog - PC: 3
- Marauder - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Kodiak - PC: 13
- Kodiak - PC: 13

Winter Guard Rifle Corps - Leader & 5 Grunts: 8

Considering I've never really needed a Hark cloudwall you can drop Kodiak to get max WGI + joe

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
The Cygnar one is ok but the main thing that hurts it is the lack of pathfinder if your caster doesn't bring it. If the Stormblade Captain still handed out Relentless Charge to other Storm Knights I would be super psyched for it.

Edit. Looks pretty good with Maddox though which is thematic too.

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 13, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ret one is really funny. You lose Lys Healer and Disco but 10 Griffons and Imperatus with Shield Guard seems hilarious.

I'm not sure I like it with any of the other casters. Maybe a Helios Rahn build? It just seems like "you are allowed to take sentinels" is a better special rule than what the theme offers.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I'm thinking something like this for the Cygnar theme.

Theme: Storm Division
75 / 75 Army

Major Beth Maddox - WJ: +30
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Stormclad - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Firefly - PC: 8

Major Katherine Laddermore - PC: 8
Stormblade Captain - PC: 0
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Firefly - PC: 8

Stormblade Infantry - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
- Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 5
- Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner - PC: 2
Storm Lances - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20

I'd probably go with a second unit of Storm Lances instead of the Blades but I don't own them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The tharn theme seems hella lame. But I'm the only person in the world that thinks ravagers are great now and I shelved my bloodtrackers after two games in mark 3, so I guess what the hell do I know. Snacking is really underwhelming. RFP is corner case useful and circle beasts are typically either full health or dead.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The tharn theme seems hella lame. But I'm the only person in the world that thinks ravagers are great now and I shelved my bloodtrackers after two games in mark 3, so I guess what the hell do I know. Snacking is really underwhelming. RFP is corner case useful and circle beasts are typically either full health or dead.

It ain't corner case against High Reclaimer, who you will be seeing.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

My local meta doesn't have a menoth player so I never remember any of it.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

S.J. posted:

It ain't corner case against High Reclaimer, who you will be seeing.

I don't find that melee RFP is as effective as you hope it to be tbh

S.J.
May 19, 2008

chutche2 posted:

I don't find that melee RFP is as effective as you hope it to be tbh

I mean if you're sending warpwolves or whatever into a bunch of infantry that can be feated back it's going to be relevant. RFPing a bunch of idrians so they can't get feated back and get backstrike prey shots on your caster or battlegroup is a thing.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Jacks were such a constant problem when I was using circle I can barely conceptualize sending warpwolves into infantry anymore.