Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been waiting for the rating for Omega-Okada to appear on Cagematch, but it turns out it can't because the website doesn't support ratings over *****

Dave broke the tables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan Alvarez interviews Magnum TA on Figure Four Daily this week, it was quite an interesting listen - Magnum himself has no idea where the NWA got the idea that he was going to be fine and back wrestling within weeks after his accident. So either they were just living completely in denial or were being incredibly scummy in order to keep viewers around watching for a return that could never come.

EugeneJ posted:

Dave broke the tables

Some would say that was an unnecessary bump but I think it really added to his review.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Thank God Naito went to Mexico and learned how to be cool from Rush.

Soimetimes people need a change, Shinsuka Nakamura before 2009 being a babyface that they hoped would be the next ace alongside Hiroshi Tanahashi. No one cared.

They he turned heel and formed Chaos.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dave remaining optimistic about the New Japan stars WWE could potentially bring in and have international success with is starting to become heart breaking.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave did a podcast with Austin where they talk about Wrestle Kingdom. Gonna be on Austin's show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave did a podcast with Austin where they talk about Wrestle Kingdom. Gonna be on Austin's show

Oh awesome, it's been way too long since they did a show together. I think the most recent one was the one they did briefly after the "lost" show which Dave said was the best interview he'd ever been in, only it turned out Austin hadn't taped any of it :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Double-posting, but Austin's interview with Meltzer about the Okada/Omega match is up now. Austin didn't like it at first but as it went on he started thinking it was one of the best matches he's ever seen :thumbsup:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
16 mins for dave

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
It's the Sidewalk Slam 2016 Recap Show. Overall, 2016 was good?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Double-posting, but Austin's interview with Meltzer about the Okada/Omega match is up now. Austin didn't like it at first but as it went on he started thinking it was one of the best matches he's ever seen :thumbsup:

Guy with neck injuries does not like a match that involves crippling the neck of one of the wrestlers, imo.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

algebra testes posted:

Guy with neck injuries does not like a match that involves crippling the neck of one of the wrestlers, imo.

I'd agree with Austin there tbqh. The top rope dragonplex was dumb as gently caress and I don't know if Corino's line about Okada remembering that spot when he needs neck fusion surgery was a joke or not but it made me sad because the match didn't need it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'd agree with Austin there tbqh. The top rope dragonplex was dumb as gently caress and I don't know if Corino's line about Okada remembering that spot when he needs neck fusion surgery was a joke or not but it made me sad because the match didn't need it.

Oh yeah me too, I like these guys too much to watch them pull those kinda moves.

edit: I like Steve being like "this match was so intense, they really needed to sell the hell out of that match the next day" :allears:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 10, 2017

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

algebra testes posted:

He did like it though... A lot

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I like Bryan a lot generally but I hate when he is objectively incorrect about something and gets angry about being corrected. It doesn't help that Mike turns into a quivering series of diatribes anytime Bryan gets defensive

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That DICK! posted:

I like Bryan a lot generally but I hate when he is objectively incorrect about something and gets angry about being corrected. It doesn't help that Mike turns into a quivering series of diatribes anytime Bryan gets defensive

One of Mike's big issues is that when he goes off on a subject, he continually thinks of and brings up potential counter-arguments to his point so he can address those.... then gets so lost in his run-on sentences that he forgets what his original point was or ends up arguing vehemently against it himself.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Has Bryan ever been right about anything? All I can think of are times where he's not NOT been wrong, but never right.

This goes for both predictions and his own opinions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AMReese posted:

Has Bryan ever been right about anything? All I can think of are times where he's not NOT been wrong, but never right.

https://youtu.be/KQVzcS7s7hA

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

When is Trump going in the Pisscast HoF?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welp, that's scary accurate, right down to Shane McMahon working the coal mines!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Piss

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

donald trump is joining the Hart Foundation

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

AMReese posted:

"Minoru Suzuki is the coolest loving guy EVER!"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

When is Trump going in the Pisscast HoF?

I demand he is excluded on the grounds that he didn't engage in the pissing, he hired someone else to pee Obama's bed.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's weird that Dave didn't mention to Stone Cold that the WWE had Kenny Omega in developmental and they've offered him a contract multiple times since that he's turned down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

I demand he is excluded on the grounds that he didn't engage in the pissing, he hired someone else to pee Obama's bed.

I believe being pissed on makes one eligible

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

source?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

AMReese posted:

When he said Dasha is a robot.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
ALL HAIL GOD KING PISS!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Your life is sheets of piss.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Flair and Trump tag team confirmed

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I had heard the story before about how Ole Anderson called out Dave Meltzer on a WCW phone line calling him a glasses wearing skinny nerd, but I hadn't heard the story until this week that Vince apparently was trying to convince Dave to take him up on the fight. Is there any truth to this story?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm going through the best of 2016 f4 show and I'm not sure what show has the three European guys on it but my god their clips on the best of 2016 make me never want to listen to that show ever.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
This week's observer and Wednesday's WOR reeks of Dave being in "I know the Wrestlemania plans but I'm not going to say anything" mode.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Here's a real shock, Jim Cornette hated Omega/Okada

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Ishin posted:

Here's a real shock, Jim Cornette hated Omega/Okada

It's just a gimmick at this point.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm going through the best of 2016 f4 show and I'm not sure what show has the three European guys on it but my god their clips on the best of 2016 make me never want to listen to that show ever.

Pretty sure that's the Dr. Keith Presents show.

It's pretty bad imo.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Alan's a cool guy but the audio quality on that show makes me want to cry

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dkp is good because its just nerds talking about foreign wrestling in depth

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Muddy Burphy posted:

This week's observer and Wednesday's WOR reeks of Dave being in "I know the Wrestlemania plans but I'm not going to say anything" mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave was in 1994 in 1994