Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I wish i was so boring i could use (skin color_n+1) against you, but i'm not n_1ignorant either so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Invisible Handjob posted:

gently caress white filth

:mrgw:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im filth

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

TTerrible posted:

This is not the place for debate and/or discussion.

I just feel like I'm having to repeat myself a lot lol

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

what gave you that idea, sonny

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Oil of Paris posted:

Not sure if you're referring to the posts in this thread or in general, but I can see how people would be frustrated with legitimately trying to contribute to an argument, be told they're making people angry for having their opinion, and then be sent packing with a sassy gif

Look man I get ya. But I think in lots of these cases it also comes down to the history some of these posters have of derailing arguments, being hateful towards other groups, etc. Moderating doesn't happen in a vacuum, there's context behind it. Look at someone like The Insect Court. His whole gimmick is to walk into a thread and pretend he's having a reasonable convo without actually addressing anybody, and he's been probated multiple dozens of times for it.

and anyone who cares about the gifs is lame as gently caress lmbo

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Noyemi K posted:

what gave you that idea, sonny

I remember your posts from hellthread bucko

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
rename this forum the safe space

have a list of races you are allowed to be racist against at the door

gently caress yellow filth

anything else?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Koalas March posted:

ya'll sure are mad about gifs.

fyi I didnt call LA racist. I said "Racists seethe". You guys put her in that group not me.

and if you don't think there's a single racist poster out there mad, I don't know what to tell you.

but sure ramble on about how i handed out sixers to people who got reported for being jerks.

truly the worst of crimes.

oh yeah and here's an exclusive gif of me on my way to probate more people and doling out racial justice:

o okay

me readin ur post with sid vicious

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Chelb posted:

Look man I get ya. But I think in lots of these cases it also comes down to the history some of these posters have of derailing arguments, being hateful towards other groups, etc. Moderating doesn't happen in a vacuum, there's context behind it. Look at someone like The Insect Court. His whole gimmick is to walk into a thread and pretend he's having a reasonable convo without actually addressing anybody, and he's been probated multiple dozens of times for it.

and anyone who cares about the gifs is lame as gently caress lmbo

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Patrocclesiastes posted:

I remember your posts from hellthread bucko

No you don't, because you'd remember that I was one of the only hellcrew that doesn't watch anime. Or anything.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
perhaps we should return to the days of Enforcing Effort in D&D posting, rather than adopting an insanely credulous stance that all opinions are equally admissible. saying this pains me greatly, being as i am opposed to effort in all its forms.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Koalas March posted:

BUT I GET RESULTS!

the results are four dead and 17 wounded!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

rename this forum the safe space

have a list of races you are allowed to be racist against at the door

gently caress yellow filth

anything else?

All.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

see, if you made more posts like this i'd maybe like you more

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Noyemi K posted:

No you don't, because you'd remember that I was one of the only hellcrew that doesn't watch anime. Or anything.

I see you frantically trying to save whats left to save

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Patrocclesiastes posted:

I see you frantically trying to save whats left to save

I'm the pc98 sperg you loving racist

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

i bet if I used gifs of white folks less people would complain

makes you think

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Of course that's not what I meant, I was just bringing out a point that could be debated or discussed. See, the whole mindset around here, and the internet as a whole, is so reactionary, so inflammatory, people jump to their own conclusions without actually looking at the question being posed. These types of questions should not be off limits, and people should not be afraid of being instantly called a racist or whatever for asking them. There should be debate. Or discussion.

I don't read D&D enough to know exactly where the problem is and there have been very few examples in this thread and I think that's causing confusion.

I did notice that in the feminism thread there is a big warning in the OP to not post unless you're familiar with gender theory etc. It seems designed to keep people from asking questions that, while maybe dumb, are kind of the point of an open discussion forum. That, to me, is counter-productive and could be curbed to help open up threads to more views (and hopefully change the mind of or educate the person asking the dumb question).

If that insularity is the type of thing you and LA want to address then I get that. I don't think that a stickied post announcing that blanket statements about groups are now allowed was an effective way to bring about that type of change.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

perhaps we should return to the days of Enforcing Effort in D&D posting, rather than adopting an insanely credulous stance that all opinions are equally admissible. saying this pains me greatly, being as i am opposed to effort in all its forms.

I think you'll find that the only effortful posts are those that cohabitate with flat earth theories and whether homosexual jews run the illuminati

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Poor Lowtax. The last pages are so strange and confusing I have no idea what's going on and it's some weird race to see who's the most offended about something or whatever. This entire thread was a chance to change this place and all it's done is prove that the entire subforum is hosed for like 12 pages in a row.

Like I'm a lovely poster who normally doesn't care, but D&D is such as lovely place that it even impacts other forums. You start a joke thread in GBS about politics, the GBS mods don't like what's inside so they punt it off to D&D or CSPAM land where it usually dies because nobody can joke in it the same way without getting probated or the thread gassed. So the result is, no funny politics unless it's in here, and as everyone here will claim this place is good, fair, unbiased, and full of comedy laughter. I mean it's hosed up that you can't even reference D&D in some places without getting the thread locked. How is that even a thing? D&D is so lovely you can't even mention it. It's like the Voldemort of sub forums. Making fun of each other is part of what make us terrible troglodytes who identity as goons how did it get this way

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chelb posted:

I think you'll find that the only effortful posts are those that cohabitate with flat earth theories and whether homosexual jews run the illuminati

which is stupid cause everyone knows the gay jews run the freemasons

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Koalas March posted:

makes you think

or you are making up a racial conflict with that post and are backing up Chelb in giving everyone a masterclass on ~~The Problem~~

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
noyemi hasnt watched an anime since she moved in with me in september

Koalas March posted:

makes you think
real talk I don't think it's the race of the people in the gifs, its the fact that you're posting gifs at all. It makes you seem flippant and dismissive of people's concerns, and the fact that the gifs are tumblr-style clips of movies or television shows makes you seem immature

it's the forums mod equivalent of sending out a legal notice in comic sans

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

defectivemonkey posted:

I did notice that in the feminism thread there is a big warning in the OP to not post unless you're familiar with gender theory etc. It seems designed to keep people from asking questions that, while maybe dumb, are kind of the point of an open discussion forum. That, to me, is counter-productive and could be curbed to help open up threads to more views (and hopefully change the mind of or educate the person asking the dumb question).

I think that's more a case of bad wording - the intention is to not to stop people with questions posting but to provide justification for punishment if someone comes bursting in and spraying uninformed garbage.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
quick aside; lol whoever bought this av is buying other people the same av but removed the cum-loving part

checkmate, gays

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Fat Shat Sings posted:

or you are making up a racial conflict with that post and are backing up Chelb in giving everyone a masterclass on ~~The Problem~~

holy poo poo

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

real talk I don't think it's the race of the people in the gifs, its the fact that you're posting gifs at all. It makes you seem flippant and dismissive of people's concerns, and the fact that the gifs are tumblr-style clips of movies or television shows makes you seem immature

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Office Surprise Store posted:

which is stupid cause everyone knows the gay jews run the freemasons

Look at this guy, not knowing about the anime twink triumvirate

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Fat Shat Sings posted:

uh... I wouldn't take it that far my dude

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

okay you guys convinced me using random gifs instead of reading posts is fun

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I think that's more a case of bad wording - the intention is to not to stop people with questions posting but to provide justification for punishment if someone comes bursting in and spraying uninformed garbage.

from what I understand "it's not my job to educate you" was created as a defense against Babby's First Gnostic Argument bullshit where people pull poo poo like "well, what IS white privilege" but in the end it just gets used as a cudgel to shut up anybody who has any questions whatsoever

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Segmentation Fault posted:

she's literally the only person that's ever agreed with my sentiment so go give her an irl high five for me please

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Chelb posted:

at least under an effortposting regime the real loonies would have their chance to shine, as opposed to all these penny-ante hooligans flippantly posting "uh yeah lol im a deep state lizard person"

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

she's literally the only person that's ever agreed with my sentiment so go give her an irl high five for me please

I'll do that as soon as I get home

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Tell us more, about black people engaging in racial conflict, thread for cool dudes that think only the most explicit of slurs are verboten

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
where have all the TobleroneTriangulars of yesteryear gone

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I only read D&D for the picture thread though, I tried reading the other ones, buts it hatred and "no you" all the way down to the bone.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Koalas March posted:

makes you think

i have a pretty good gif of a white guy it's me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Chelb posted:

News flash: a place can be unwelcoming and sometimes downright hostile to minorities without also being stormfront. Crazy, I know.

Yeah, it's called the real world. Why exactly do you think you're entitled to a place without any hostility? How exactly are you going to have a debate in a place where nobody is hostile to your ideas? That's not a debate, that's a circle jerk. The whole point of debate is to present and support your argument in order to either change other people's minds or to learn and have your mind changed. If your ideas can't stand up to a little hostility, maybe you should either present evidence, support your argument with facts, or change your mind. If you can't do any of the above, maybe you shouldn't try to debate.

• Locked thread