Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Who What Now posted:

How can you be bald and have pink hair? Pick one.

don't pink shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HoboTech posted:

That's the clarification I'm looking for from the mods. If it's allowed, then it's allowed. If not, that's fine too.

Just wanna know some concrete stuff, then I'll leave you all to your finger-pointing.
More scientific racism is still racism. I think it's okay to start with a baseline of "you can't decide that all members of a race are bad, even with numbers to back it up." I mean we're talking about the kind of poo poo that's been debunked for decades. There have to be some ground rules. But at the same time, it's dumb to not be able to discuss why those kinds of statistics exist, differences in arrest and conviction stats, etc. etc. Those are valid political issues that go beyond "it's because they have a criminal nature." I don't know, it's difficult to have a forum that allows for all sorts of political discussion without it becoming a breeding ground for the more "acceptable" kinds of racism that groups like the KKK have moved toward. At the same time, you can't just assume that everyone is arguing in bad faith or trying to infiltrate the forums or some poo poo. Yes, we've seen that happen on other sites, but there's no reason to think it would happen here, because it tends to happen in places with lax moderation.

One obvious solution would be to have a conservative mod. And I don't mean conservative in the sense of "mainstream liberal that other liberals accuse of being a secret Republican." But I don't know who the good candidates are because I don't follow D&D closely enough.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

because she literally outed herself, I'm sure someone will link the post

People keep saying that and never, ever produce the evidence, so I doubt it. I think it's a mass hallucination on your guys' part.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I have to say I haven't actually seen on D+D the kind of Oppression Olympics SJW madness that a lot of people seem to be satirising here? Or at least never to the extent that I'd actually think it was the dominant culture. Again this is where some examples of specific bans/probes would have been useful in making us know exactly what we're debating the existence of and whether it qualifies as SJW Gone Too Far.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Why the hell do people keeping thinking TB is slashie?

probably the same reason some people want to deny that the government is trying to poison the water to make everyone gay and that 9/11 was an inside job

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Who What Now posted:

People keep saying that and never, ever produce the evidence, so I doubt it. I think it's a mass hallucination on your guys' part.

Sometime in 2014 someone was talking about slashie and tb was like "dude I'm right here".

I assume people had already been calling her slashie for a while and she was being funny.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

One obvious solution would be to have a conservative mod. And I don't mean conservative in the sense of "mainstream liberal that other liberals accuse of being a secret Republican." But I don't know who the good candidates are because I don't follow D&D closely enough.

also because they were all driven out a long time ago which is part of the problem

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Jack Trades posted:

probably the same reason some people want to deny that the government is trying to poison the water to make everyone gay and that 9/11 was an inside job

yeah seriously it's this I've seen the gay frogs with my own eyes it's hosed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

because she literally outed herself, I'm sure someone will link the post
Who cares? Who cares if she was some other poster in the past, even a ~~~problem poster~~~. I don't get why every single D&D discussion lately has turned into a discussion of TB, or whether she's Slashie. Yes, she can be very disruptive. Yes, she can also make good posts. Both things are true. That's why she gets probated a lot but tends not to get banned. But none of those things have anything to do with whether she was Slashie, a poster I literally know nothing about except people keep telling TB she's Slashie.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

One obvious solution would be to have a conservative mod. And I don't mean conservative in the sense of "mainstream liberal that other liberals accuse of being a secret Republican."

*counts down to them them get hounded out*

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Who What Now posted:

The post in question has been linked and was then dismissed as a joke on TB's part. I don't think anything more solid is going to come up.

I've had civil conversations with TB and mostly managed to stay out of gfsincere's way. They're still both toxic individuals who hide behind racial grievance to justify their psychotic behavior towards other people, and the frustration with both of them isn't groundless.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

FactsAreUseless posted:

More scientific racism is still racism. I think it's okay to start with a baseline of "you can't decide that all members of a race are bad, even with numbers to back it up." I mean we're talking about the kind of poo poo that's been debunked for decades. There have to be some ground rules. But at the same time, it's dumb to not be able to discuss why those kinds of statistics exist, differences in arrest and conviction stats, etc. etc. Those are valid political issues that go beyond "it's because they have a criminal nature." I don't know, it's difficult to have a forum that allows for all sorts of political discussion without it becoming a breeding ground for the more "acceptable" kinds of racism that groups like the KKK have moved toward. At the same time, you can't just assume that everyone is arguing in bad faith or trying to infiltrate the forums or some poo poo. Yes, we've seen that happen on other sites, but there's no reason to think it would happen here, because it tends to happen in places with lax moderation.

If I wandered into a DnD thread with an armload of charts showing black people had the intelligence of less-developed apes and citing the findings of some Victorian phrenologist or Nazi scientist I'd still expect a ban for being a racist gently caress.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

Sometime in 2014 someone was talking about slashie and tb was like "dude I'm right here".

I assume people had already been calling her slashie for a while and she was being funny.

It was a post saying that TB was definitely Slashie because Slashie liked dinosaurs. TB then posted in the thread to call them idiots.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

The solution is to have Lowtax spell out what he wants the forums to be and have mods and admins that will strictly enforce it.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
For the record, I am glad the rio olympics did not detonate a nuclear bomb/mass casualty scenario.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nevvy Z posted:

It's particularly ironic when certain posters who talk about how much they want to be able to make jokes have real problems recognizing obvious ones.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who cares? Who cares if she was some other poster in the past, even a ~~~problem poster~~~. I don't get why every single D&D discussion lately has turned into a discussion of TB, or whether she's Slashie. Yes, she can be very disruptive. Yes, she can also make good posts. Both things are true. That's why she gets probated a lot but tends not to get banned. But none of those things have anything to do with whether she was Slashie, a poster I literally know nothing about except people keep telling TB she's Slashie.

oh I don't give a poo poo I never report anyone lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Invisible Handjob posted:

also because they were all driven out a long time ago which is part of the problem

they werent "driven out"

most of them toxxed for McCain or Romney and didnt come back

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

If I wandered into a DnD thread with an armload of charts showing black people had the intelligence of less-developed apes and citing the findings of some Victorian phrenologist or Nazi scientist I'd still expect a ban for being a racist gently caress.

Nice virtue signalling.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Just have a Baloogan clone army mod the whole forum.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I don't LOVE cum but I love the IDEA of cum, possible discussion and debate topic???

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

I don't LOVE cum but I love the IDEA of cum, possible discussion and debate topic???
Or an E/N thread titled "I was disappointed by the reality of cum."

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Lowtax posted:

I disagree I do not like cum in my hair therefor do not like cum at all

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

taking this to mean that I make good post since I have tons of probes but only two bans (which is really just one ban)

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

What animal's

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

It's not just you, I see it all the time. I do not get it.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

what's to debate? cumming owns

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think there it's the difference between claiming black people are more likely to suffer from circumstances that lead them to desperate actions, and claiming that black people have some sort of inherent defect in their base nature that lead them to desperate actions.

One is something that can be argued about existing and changed with proper political policy, and the other doesn't lead much of anywhere but discussing if they are worthy of obliterating or not. The first is not racist, the second is. Thus the second should not be allowed both because it's raw bigotry and because it isn't good for debate or discussion.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i am a white male

a loving white male

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

The post in question has been linked and was then dismissed as a joke on TB's part. I don't think anything more solid is going to come up.

I've had civil conversations with TB and mostly managed to stay out of gfsincere's way. They're still both toxic individuals who hide behind racial grievance to justify their psychotic behavior towards other people, and the frustration with both of them isn't groundless.

I've never, ever said this. It's just dumb as hell that so many people keep bandying about the most retarded conspiracy theory imaginable as if it were some world-shattering poo poo.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

eric posted:

The solution is to have Lowtax spell out what he wants the forums to be and have mods and admins that will strictly enforce it.

i think he wants people not to be rustled or probated for, say, microaggressions when trying to argue in good faith in dnd, and for it not to be necessary to declare yourself in favour of full stalinism now before posting in the UKMT at risk of being accused of trolling (for instance)

no i will not show you where the UKMT touched me

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

i am a white male

a loving white male

Why contain it,

it's cool.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

eric posted:

what's to debate? cumming owns

this topic isn't about the act of cumming it's about cum theory you loving idiot!!!!1!

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

spit on my clit posted:

i am a white male

a loving white male

apologize

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

spit on my clit posted:

i am loving a mighty whale

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I think there it's the difference between claiming black people are more likely to suffer from circumstances that lead them to desperate actions, and claiming that black people have some sort of inherent defect in their base nature that lead them to desperate actions.

One is something that can be argued about existing and changed with proper political policy, and the other doesn't lead much of anywhere but discussing if they are worthy of obliterating or not. The first is not racist, the second is. Thus the second should not be allowed both because it's raw bigotry and because it isn't good for debate or discussion.
Yeah, it can just be tough to tell when someone starts being like "blacks do more crimes!!!"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Paid for the ability to report, but doesn't report. That's privilege!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

spit on my clit posted:

i am a white male

a loving white male

gently caress you buddy

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lowtax posted:

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tolkien minority posted:

I'm just doing my part, no need to thank me. However, please remember that

What the hell! Is this a my little pony hat? Disgusting!

• Locked thread