Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Tetsutetsu reminds me of my favorite scene where A Guy With A Pistol proved a nearly insurmountable obstacle for some of the top heroes in training in the country. I feel like it's best for a series like this to just assume that everyone in the country has a gentlemen's agreement to not use guns, because they can easily defeat like 99% of quirks. Like what is Endeavor gonna do if a dude just shoots him?

I can't imagine it's easy to get a gun in future superhero Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Venuz Patrol posted:

you can tell that's early concept art at the top since it seems to imply that mei is capable of experiencing regret

It's not regret, it's mild confusion. She just made a device she hasn't found a purpose for yet.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Xarbala posted:

even putting aside the possible wide variety of invincible smuggling quirks, yaoyorozu has a quirk that can straight up just produce them on demand, so if anyone out there has a quirk similar to hers...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

remember the gun hero that straight up shot shigaraki?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Ah yeah I forgot about that. I assume the guy had some sort of gun/aiming related quirk, though even a normal person could probably defeat Shigaraki if they were at a reasonable range.

Gyges posted:

Burn so hot that the heat haze throws off their aim too much to hit him.

I dunno the dude is a pretty big target. Unless he can literally melt the bullets before they reach him, in which case he's getting into Marvel/DC superhero territory.

(From the hero side I understand them not using guns, since they don't want to straight-up kill the villains (though it makes sense to keep some around in case of All for One type situations), but it seems like the Villain Alliance(tm) would be able to acquire some somehow.)

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 12, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Terper posted:

oh my god i just now noticed the U A design :negative:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The reason there's not a lot of guns in MHA are Japan and the fact it'd get kinda boring if every badguy had the idea to be packing in addition to their quirk.

I mean, it'd make a lot of sense all the same but whatever.

Also I hope they don't hype these third-years too much. I don't really care if they're supposed to be hot poo poo at UA because they're going to be talking to literally the next-in-line for the greatest living hero. They ALREADY ain't poo poo. And if they're stronger than the faculty that'd be kinda stupid really.

I hope they're just put forward more as mentor-type figures that give legit useful advice or something- and aren't made out to be some golden gods compared to the first-years or somehow an obstacle to overcome. Basically I hope they aren't like the worst part of Shokugeki no Souma- the Elite 10.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 12, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you cant hurt Endeavor with a bullet, because he's a fire logia

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I like muscle tintin

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

oh my god i just now noticed the U A design :negative:

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Xarbala posted:

Wait, does MHA take place in the future? I always assumed it was alternate history present day.

Edit: I'm surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but "The Big Three" is what people call Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman.

lowercase16 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 13, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lowercase16 posted:

Wait, does MHA take place in the future? I always assumed it was alternate history present day.

I believe the deal is that it's the future, but the appearance of quirks kind of halted societal progress while everyone adjusted, so it's functionally still like the present.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Have we seen any dates yet?

See, I thought that quirks started appearing X years ago, and the technological advances are just the result of a world with crazy quirks.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
There's a throwaway line mentioning that if not for the super powers messing society up, it's likely they would have been technologically advanced enough to have space colonies.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Ah, okay. I don't recall that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hopefully we get to see winter Asui.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

lowercase16 posted:

Edit: I'm surprised no one's mentioned it yet, but "The Big Three" is what people call Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman.

Who map onto the three students pretty well. Swell dude, dark dude, woman (or girl in this case).

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Peel posted:

Who map onto the three students pretty well. Swell dude, dark dude, woman (or girl in this case).

also almost every shonen lead trio

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

ChronoReverse posted:

There's a throwaway line mentioning that if not for the super powers messing society up, it's likely they would have been technologically advanced enough to have space colonies.

If we can turn a man into fire, why haven't we found a cheap, reliable way to detect early onset tooth decay in our inner-city adolescents?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

lowercase16 posted:

Well, it runs in Shonen Jump. So it's just as likely to be this:

The Finer Arts > ADTRW > My Hero Academia: We Found Sasuke

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That's pretty great.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vengarr posted:

Holy poo poo.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Vengarr posted:

:golfclap:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vengarr posted:

:drat:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Vengarr posted:

:vince:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Say Nothing posted:

Hopefully we get to see winter Asui.
We have in SMASH.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vengarr posted:

Amazing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Vengarr posted:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, picking out a few details here: That belt buckle on Vault-Mite, and Brooding.

Brooding's looks like something Kamen Rider would wear, but scaled down.

And I'm not sure what to think of Vault-Mite's, but it probably has to do with punching poo poo really hard, if the arm scars are any indication.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Punching + going through walls?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, Sasuke and Luffy are obvious, who's the girl a reference to? Somebody from Bleach?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't think it's a reference to a specific character in her case. Just a standard shinigami outfit from Bleach.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Re: the guns thing, I assume many if not most hero costumes are bulletproof.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

Following this line of thought, is All Might dressed up as Goku?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Following this line of thought, is All Might dressed up as Goku?

master roshi

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Vengarr posted:

man my hatred of bleach is so complete at first i was like "big three luffy, zoro sasuke, yup looks good" :downs:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Why would you hate Bleach, I just feel sorry for everyone involved in making it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i need to read some bleach just to get the jokes . Bleach and Naruto are the two most popular anime I've never read or looked into period.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Ehhhhhhhh.

Just read one piece. It's not the best manga ever, but it's better than both Naruto and bleach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I wouldn't bother, frankly. They're real bad and most references to them are very shallow surface-level stuff.