Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Im surprised so many people liked this episode and not the first, I thought the first episode was great and last nights was just pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
First episode was amazing. Second episode seemed a bit rushed but was still good.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

I think I liked this one more than anything in Season 11

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

landgrabber posted:

I think I liked this one more than anything in Season 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em3_8qLLSfo

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

I think what Season 11 was in the growing pains of and you can see Water Park start to come out on the other side of it is that Sunny is transitioning and becoming a much faster paced show. Most episodes would focus on one big problem or a big one and a small, accented one to break from it, but I think what we're seeing now is a much more compartmentalized plotlines and points - it's pretty clear from this episode just throwing together common character combinations and cutting between all three equally. I feel like Frank's aids thing (which was extremely loving funny) would've been the ending of an episode of Old Sunny, while this played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIjgvx8__uc

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ChesterJT posted:

Has anybody seen my son?

God I love this show.

I caught this, love it. I'm gonna go back and see if there's any other referential stuff. I really hope that Harry is somewhere in the background with his bad hat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL @ those Dan and Dave cameos. This was a billion times better than the awful first one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

crazysim posted:

Doesn't care about the AIDS.

Charlie's "Actually our test results came back positive that it was gay AIDS..." cracked me up.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It was even worse than Frank's Brother. I didn't crack a smile for the whole thing. What was the joke beyond "the gang doesn't know what it's like to be black"?

Going to guess you never watched quantum leap.

LividLiquid posted:

There is literally nothing more boring to read than a rankings list posted with zero backup explanation by a stranger on the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Cojawfee posted:

First episode was amazing. Second episode seemed a bit rushed but was still good.

:same:

The first episode was very, very enjoyable. This second one was great, classic sunny.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Only closet racists did not like the first episode and they are just acting out so no one knows they racist i think

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Watching Mac and Dee get stuck in the water slide gave me a panic attack.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Really?

If you don't like the premiere this season, whoa-oh-oh-oh
You don't have to have a reason, whoa-oh-oh-oh
Racism isn't always the reason why we hate....

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, I am extremely taken aback that my overall dislike of the first episode makes me a racist. Being white makes me a racist, and not my taste in Sunny episodes :v:

Beyond Charlie getting shot by the police and the Quantum Leap references, it really didn't do anything for me.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
You don't have to be racist to not like the first episode, but a lot of racists will say they don't like it but not because they're a racist, they'll just make up something like "unfunny and gay"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Only closet racists did not like the first episode and they are just acting out so no one knows they racist i think

Cool troll, bro.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

mcmagic posted:

LOL @ those Dan and Dave cameos. This was a billion times better than the awful first one.

What other episode(s) were they on? I only know of them writing/directing Flowers for Charlie.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Good loving god. That last 90 seconds of that episode was absolutely incredible.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Watching Mac and Dee get stuck in the water slide gave me a panic attack.

I thought it was hilarious that the only thing keeping them there was Mac's laminated wrist band, and it took them an entire day to figure out how to get it loose.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
What's the classical music piece that plays at the end of the waterpark episode?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Chiming in to say that The Mick offers a pitch-perfect Upper-Upper Class slice of life view. I watched the first 3 episodes with my spoiled rotten rich friend from Beverly Hills and she was in hysterics over the maid, the bitchy Grandma, the super snobby stuck up high school girls and the frozen faced Asian ladies. She said it was "eerily on the nose". I personally love finding out that kind of stuff.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerusalem posted:

Charlie's "Actually our test results came back positive that it was gay AIDS..." cracked me up.

I HAVE AIIIIIIiiiiids

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

That was a good episode. Was DeVito going down all those water slides himself, or was it a body double? He's getting old for that sort of thing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Nocturtle posted:

That was a good episode. Was DeVito going down all those water slides himself, or was it a body double? He's getting old for that sort of thing.

I don't think there are that may available body doubles who could play devito

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Zzulu posted:

I don't think there are that may available body doubles who could play devito

A small shaved bear

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Beach posted:

What's the classical music piece that plays at the end of the waterpark episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVOh4r2nOOw

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

ChesterJT posted:

Going to guess you never watched quantum leap.

I didn't, but I doubt being able to say "I understood that reference" would suddenly make it funny to me - plus Dee explained what it was anyway. Honestly I think I enjoyed it so little because I have an irrational hatred of musicals and apparently that extends to parodies (if you want to call that episode that) of musicals too.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nocturtle posted:

Most of them looked like DeVito except the boogie-board race one. Looked like a stunt guy with a bad bald cap/wig

AssholeFactory
Oct 20, 2011

:allears:Friendship is tragic:allears:
All the kids at the start of the episode were coughing. Was there any payoff to that? What was the point of everyone coughing?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

AssholeFactory posted:

All the kids at the start of the episode were coughing. Was there any payoff to that? What was the point of everyone coughing?

The easiest way to show that people are gross is to have them constantly be coughing or sniffling.

I just watched the first two episodes again and I'm still saying the first one was amazing. I was excited all the way through. That's probably the fourth time I've watched it. The second episode was good but I kind of tuned out at parts of it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

drat, that ending was a hell of a payoff.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

AssholeFactory posted:

the point was to get the conversation going about how dee and mac were gonna be the first into the slides and how dennis refused to bathe at all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

drat, that ending was a hell of a payoff.

That was my favorite "everything comes together in a big, dumb mess" ending they've done since McPoyle Vs. Ponderosa.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

King Vidiot posted:

I thought it was hilarious that the only thing keeping them there was Mac's laminated wrist band, and it took them an entire day to figure out how to get it loose.

It was hilarious but the thought of being trapped like that in such a small space was freaking me out. Also loved when Dennis realized he got beat for all his loot.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I was curious as to who the Abby girl was, looks like she'll be back later in the season.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Would not be suprised if it turns out that she's turns out to be Dennis' real daughter with one of the many victims of the D.E.N.N.I.S system.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Weasling Weasel posted:

Would not be suprised if it turns out that she's turns out to be Dennis' real daughter with one of the many victims of the D.E.N.N.I.S system.

Interesting but that would bring in real world lasting consequences for the gang's actions, which would probably be a first.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

Interesting but that would bring in real world lasting consequences for the gang's actions, which would probably be a first.

Don't tell Cricket that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I love how resigned Cricket is to everything that's happened to him.

Also, the IMDB synopses for the next two episodes sound absolutely incredible. The next one in particular sounds like a peak Sunny episode.