Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So they really are just going with "Space Asians" for the xian then, cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Please tell me there is an unintentional slur in Chinese or Arabic in there somewhere.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I am the dangerous space pool noodle.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this seems like a good and noble thing to focus on, rather than a funtioning netcode

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I see they're bringing in the new year, and reinvigorating the backers credulous natures with this incredible "progress" report.

Nothing says "WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO BUILD THIS GAME" like suddenly directing your pissed-off backers' attention to a completely vestigial feature, like the world's worst stage magician trying to distract the audience from his fumbling attempt at a card trick by making GBS threads his pants on stage.

What once was at attempt at game development has completed its evolution into an out-in-the-open, full-on scam.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Well. I wasn't expecting that for vandull because they are full of claws and points and sharp stuff. I'd of expected their written language to be more "claw mark-y" than with sensual curves everywhere. But I'm not a linguist. :shrug:

Honestly it looks exactly like what I'd expect "grey aliens" that have the big eyes and have ufos to write as. This is probably on purpose because they guy was probably told "make an alien language".

The other one is like Japanese, so I guess they are our Asian aliens?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

sorla78 posted:

How long until we get the first citizens proudly presenting their "inks"?

You forgot Ben proudly showing off his prison tatt?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I remember back in late 2014 I was at PAX Aus at a bar near the venue, sinking a few frothies and having a parma and I noticed these people to my right dressed kind of oddly, they had a section of the beer garden sectioned off for them.

They all seemed really happy and excited. I looked at the sign and it said Star Citizen. "I wonder what that is" I said, my mate (goon) told me about Star Citizen and how it was hosed. I felt I learned a lot that day but I never knew it would be the beginning of something wonderful.

Also, the 2 PAX's since I have noticed 0 people with SC poo poo, nor has there been a section of a bar consumed by them.

Makes ya think. Maybe Cymelion was there that day.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Titanic posted:

Well. I wasn't expecting that for vandull because they are full of claws and points and sharp stuff. I'd of expected their written language to be more "claw mark-y" than with sensual curves everywhere. But I'm not a linguist. :shrug:

Honestly it looks exactly like what I'd expect "grey aliens" that have the big eyes and have ufos to write as. This is probably on purpose because they guy was probably told "make an alien language".

Even better if he just Archered it from some other crap he had lying around

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

TheAgent posted:

would you rather have a handjob from chris roberts or donald trump?

donald trumps tiny hands would make your dick look huge but how chris waves his hands you know you're in for a supremely good, old fashioned american edging

Few pages behind but god drat

:discourse:

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

The Titanic posted:

'Xian' or 'Xi'an' is literally the name of a Chinese emperor, a Chinese city, the Chinese name for Taiwan province and a Chinese surname.

So yeah, they probably based it on Japanese.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_(disambiguation)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi%27an_(disambiguation)

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The Skyrim Dragon language was the best because it sounded cool. It was just English with different letters because WHO GIVES A gently caress

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

Looks like he says "Oh my Derek is SMAAAAART"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
"You know how there is zero progress on the actual game and abundant rumors about wasting time and money with nonstop motion capture?

Well here is some of the only content we are legally required to make based on the kickstarter and more motion capture!"

Backers: "They should have sent a poet"

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
The mo-cap clips looks just like boring, emotionless, behind-the-scenes footage from the star wars prequels.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Decrepus posted:

The Skyrim Dragon language was the best because it sounded cool. It was just English with different letters because WHO GIVES A gently caress

Its almost as if Bethesda was more concerned about making a fun video game than a fictional universe. Clearly the makes of the best selling Fallout and ElderScrolls franchises don't understand video game development.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So they showed more mocap , assuming that's current footage , have they been using the studio for mocap pretty much for a year straight ? Or more?

I still stand by my statement that if sq42 ever releases it will be the worst of early 90s FMV games allover again

Hello .... Captain. *pause* *whirring of CD drive spinning* glad of you to join us

*pause* insert CD #4

Press enter to continue

*pause* insert CD #1

Press enter to continue

.... thank you for playing wing commander 5 squadron 42

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 13, 2017

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Sappo569 posted:

So they showed more mocap , assuming that's current footage , have they been using the studio for mocap pretty much for a year straight ? Or more?

that footage is actually quite old.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Cool so it's just the same video they've been whoring around , nothing new to show my taint

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah but I'm a really nice guy.

Human interaction is rarely their strength. Pity, I would love to get into an honest debate with these people.

True. BTW if you ever wanted to go shooting we totally could.

Doxx that.

I may just take you up on that.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL i NEVER thought you worked for CIG and was saying it there while EXUDING copious amounts of sarcasm.
its okay, we're still cool (and were never uncool)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

"Well, take my caash!"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
fyi just look at how many people are there

look at how much loving money that poo poo costs

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eldragon posted:

I'm pretty sure /r/dereksmart subreddit is a direct violation of the no harassment rules. Their little hate box exists because Derek allows it to exist.

Yeah. I regard it as herding cats. We know where they are. Plus, they're on a constant state of anxiety; which is marvelous.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

intardnation posted:

diet is 60%, exercise is 20%

As the saying goes, "You can't out-exercise your mouth".

Upping protein levels in your diet is a great help. You don't need to go full-on Atkins ketosis levels (unless you a bodybuilder on the run up to a competition), just cut out as many superfluous simple carbs from your diet as possible (bread, pasta, pastries of any kind, and definitely no coke/pepsi style drinks) and up your protein intake a bit (tuna, chicken breasts, egss are all good options). I lost a ton of weight this way a few years ago and didn't even feel like I was on a diet at all, I was just eating slightly differently to normal.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
English to Vanduul:

DEREK SMART WAS RIGHT. GET A REFUND

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Decrepus posted:

That's why Skyrim will never be very good or immersive. It's just another reason why we should never play other lesser games. Thank heavens Chris Roberts is coming down to save pc gaming from substandard junk like that. :allears:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

So did they show how it had been put in to the game and show the final scene?

I'm guessing ....... Of course, that's the kind of open development you get from the most honest man in entertainment, Chris "I swear on my toupee full head of lush hair" Roberts

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

oh you just thought I said I worked there

quote:

ManofManyAliases posted:
Remember when Agent pretended to quit CIG as someone so high up that he would have access to financials?

lol

fuckin' :owned:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

English to Vanduul:

DEREK SMART WAS RIGHT. GET A REFUND

Oh wait, the alien language is just some dumb character substitution cipher? That probably took an artist 30 mins to draw random characters for then job done?

For fucks sake why did I think this would actually be any good

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Chalks posted:

Oh wait, the alien language is just some dumb character substitution cipher? That probably took an artist 30 mins to draw random characters for then job done?

Like all languages you just layer symbols over letters.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those vanduul letters look like that Pokémon that comes in different letter shapes

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Chalks posted:

Not sure, you should know better by now.

Checkmark: Alien languages, MVP looking good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Serak posted:

'Xian' or 'Xi'an' is literally the name of a Chinese emperor, a Chinese city, the Chinese name for Taiwan province and a Chinese surname.

So yeah, they probably based it on Japanese.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_(disambiguation)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi%27an_(disambiguation)
"Chinese name for" is somewhat redundant since the people of Taiwan speak Chinese.

Eldragon posted:

Its almost as if Bethesda was more concerned about making a fun video game than a fictional universe. Clearly the makes of the best selling Fallout and ElderScrolls franchises don't understand video game development.
If only they'd succeeded.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:bahgawd:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Or buy the RSI Universal Translator for $20 that will subtitle everything for you.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

What else would the aliens be planning to do , invite you in for free drinks ?

Any game with bad guys you learn within the first 5 minutes of gameplay what they sound like, I don't speak Russian but playing a certain game in alpha right now .... if I hear Russian coming from around the corner I know to get my gun up

Another example of citizens making fever dreams out of a simple marketing video

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Colostomy Bag posted:

God dang flthy trashtards.

That's even worse than a toxic dinktard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I'm sure some goons with more time and creativity can put this man somewhere interesting. Like a used car lot or a carnival show.

Edit: Rhapsody in Mew

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 13, 2017