Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

i think noyemi is a goon of color lol

he's on a roll attacking the minority posters in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

joeburz posted:

people of color can be racist, you racist

mods?!?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

joeburz posted:

lol yea idk why you would think a black person is lying hmm why could that be

same reason I'd think anyone else was lying, bub. last I checked black people lie exactly as much as white peeps do

which is all day every day

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know about all that, I just know that saying "You're not arguing in good faith" is exclusively used in D&D as a way to avoid responding to posts.

Oh yeah, its definitely something that needs to accompany a retort, it's pretty lovely to just say to dismiss stuff.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Invisible Handjob posted:

he's on a roll attacking the minority posters in this thread

for real lmao i like how this thread specifically had someone of power say "hey maybe we should stop just shouting racist at each other" and this guy took that to mean "shout way loving louder that others are racist"

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Noyemi K posted:

same reason I'd think anyone else was lying, bub. last I checked black people lie exactly as much as white peeps do

which is all day every day

gonna need a citation this is dnd

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i wonder how low down the subform hierarchy you have to go before mods stop getting creepy emails from insane idiots

like do the NMD mods get emails like "bitch i kno you like the Arcade Fire you gently caress, you cock, you shameful piss"

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

joeburz posted:

people of color can be racist, you racist
wait what now

this is so confusing

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Just probate/ban people who call others bigots/racist problem solved.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

completely tangent to this discussion and/or debate: but is there some reason (ie: radium's code) that admins can't properly investigate PM abuse

1) Why can't Admins or mods do X ?

2) Why can't ZDR change Y so they can?

The answer is always Radium.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

joeburz posted:

gonna need a citation this is dnd

[1]

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

i wonder how low down the subform hierarchy you have to go before mods stop getting creepy emails from insane idiots

like do the NMD mods get emails like "bitch i kno you like the Arcade Fire you gently caress, you cock, you shameful piss"

"You think I forgot that you featured Mastodon? U mothrefuckre"

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

fake news sorry, please argue in good faith

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the cycle of sa's moderation standards:

-a mod turns out to be an awful human being, and there isn't any funny Content being made because the mods are too overzealous, we should loosen the standards
-a Hellthread appears, and there isn't any funny Content being made because the mods don't stop good posts from getting drowned out, we should tighten the standards
-etc

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

joeburz posted:

fake news sorry, please argue in good faith

You rnotherfucker. You pissbitch. I can only argue in bad faith, for I was born with original sin :twisted:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
GWS mods getting their crappy pad thai doxxed

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

my private messages to you are called "private" for a reason

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TTerrible posted:

1) Why can't Admins or mods do X ?

2) Why can't ZDR change Y so they can?

The answer is always Radium.

i mean i know poo poo about coding but shouldn't there be a database someone could pull and look at even if its not a neat tidy format

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How can two black people disagree? Aren't they all like a hivemind? Or am I thinking about Albanians? Or bees?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Menstrual Show posted:

Just probate/ban people who call others bigots/racist problem solved.

agreed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Noyemi K posted:

something makes me think it's exaggerated but I don't know what. hmmm

joeburz posted:

lol yea idk why you would think a black person is lying hmm why could that be

Oh good loving grief you two.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

GWS mods getting their crappy pad thai doxxed

those allrecipes.com plagiarizing motherfuckers deserve the kiwifarms treatment for the lovely risottos they've had me cook over the years

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Paladinus posted:

How can two black people disagree? Aren't they all like a hivemind? Or am I thinking about Albanians? Or bees?

im sure one or two of them dont advocate white genocide

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

my private messages to you are called "private" for a reason

look im sorry i called your mumford and sons fanfic bad but in my defense you said you wanted constructive criticism

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
unless there's something essential to blackness about being an obnoxious windbag then there's still the distinct possibility that the internet crazies sending weird PMs are not motivated by race

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i mean i know poo poo about coding but shouldn't there be a database someone could pull and look at even if its not a neat tidy format

Yeah but then it all falls on the shoulders of the one person who can do that and ZDR has to battle resurgent communism in D&D.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I once drunkenly PMed a mod with "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID YOU FUCKER"

think it was from NMD actually

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Sewing thread hunted down and eliminated by tracking the local companies selling natural undyed fresh cashmere bolts

teach them to think they could just glue the dog nose to my plushie

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Tbh theres a lot of posters (most of them are effectronica) that try to recycle arguments that failed before in the hopes that this time nobody shows up to take care of it, thats pretty bad faith since they just want their team to "win"

there's also people who just make poo poo up wholesale, and if someone calls them on it they just make something else up

on the other hand, one of MIGF's favorite tricks lately is making a really long vague, convoluted post which, when boiled down to its basics and stripped of deliberately confusing phrasing and obscure jargon, sums up as "you believe *racist thing*, don't you". if the target ignores it, doesn't read it fast enough, or asks him what the hell he's talking about, he declares that they didn't deny it and therefore must be a bad faith racist who isn't worth responding to

:shrug:

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

unless there's something essential to blackness about being an obnoxious windbag then there's still the distinct possibility that the internet crazies sending weird PMs are not motivated by race

this is why I never bought plat

why in the world would I want to receive PMs from anyone on these forums

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

no prior contact with said mod, I should add

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Main Paineframe posted:

there's also people who just make poo poo up wholesale, and if someone calls them on it they just make something else up

on the other hand, one of MIGF's favorite tricks lately is making a really long vague, convoluted post which, when boiled down to its basics and stripped of deliberately confusing phrasing and obscure jargon, sums up as "you believe *racist thing*, don't you". if the target ignores it, doesn't read it fast enough, or asks him what the hell he's talking about, he declares that they didn't deny it and therefore must be a bad faith racist who isn't worth responding to

its nothing new hes been doing that for years

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

you're a goddamn moron if you don't have MIGF on ignore hth

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I think lowtax is being a bit racist having a black man for an av I don't think he is black in real life?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

I think lowtax is being a bit racist having a black man for an av I don't think he is black in real life?

I think the guy in his av is black in real life too actually

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

actually in the interest of unifying all of us, can migf please be given a permaban

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

he doesn't tolerate the n word tho so hes basically an honorary black person

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

he's octaroon you loving nazi

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

actually in the interest of unifying all of us, can migf please be given a permaban

Yo Matt Dizzle too while we're asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

garfield hentai posted:

i think the key difference is that anti vaxx stuff etc is a relatively mainstream issue while gamergate is way more niche and the kind of people who care either way about it are the kind of people who would find a way to get worked up over a juicy game journalism scandal with or without sa's involvement. i picture them as the same sort of people who got genuinely upset and angry that undertale won a gamefaqs poll that amounted to nothing
antivaxx poo poo started as a dumb niche thing by green party type newager weirdos and raw milk libertarians years and years ago

time passes, a few unhinged people still dwelling on it end up actually in power and it ends up a mainstream issue

• Locked thread