Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

CaptainPsyko posted:

So there are more 'wins' on the summon banner but there are also proportionally more losses. If you do the math, honestly, it comes out that you have a roughly equal chance to pulls raines BSB as you do to pull one of the top tier items off of the summon banner.

So, if you have fifty mythril to make one pull? It's pretty drat close. I'd almost say the Raines banner might win. But it's close. Where the summon banner pulls way out in front is that with each subsequent pull as the number of duplicates increases, the summon banner pulls further and further ahead.

TL;Dr: if you have 100 mythril pull once on each. If you have 150 + mythril, pull once on each and if you still want to pull more, the summon banner is a better idea and becomes a better and better idea (in relative terms. After a point, the real answer is stop pulling and save for TG Cid/Golbez/Anniversary banners) with every subsequent 50 mythril.

I'm probably just going to pull once. I've got mythril earmarked for TG Cid and the first FF9 banner, because those are my two favorite games, but I have terrible Magic options right now. I've got a few single target SSBs with no side effects, just straight damage, an EnDark AOE SSB on Kuja that's been handy if I want to bring Dark Zone (I need more DMOs!)and Quists' Hastega+Quick Cast. My best Medica is Arc's, which is really great for physical-heavy bosses, but just isn't enough on anything else.
So I guess I'll wait for the Summon banner, it sounds like more stuff fits into what I need. Thanks for the feedback!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

ohmygosh it says Suplex :flashfap:
Where are you seeing "suplex"? The name of the SB is "Red-hot Meteostrike," and the relic itself is "Scissor Fang" (or "Scissors Fang")

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Where are you seeing "suplex"? The name of the SB is "Red-hot Meteostrike," and the relic itself is "Scissor Fang" (or "Scissors Fang")

Meteostrike is the Japanese name for Sabin's Suplex move

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I was originally planning on pulling on Summoner banner, but my mage team has gone from "OK" to "Ridiculous" with the addition of the Metamorphose Claws so I'm not sure I need it anymore. I should review the list again.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

U-DO Burger posted:

Meteostrike is the Japanese name for Sabin's Suplex move
So it is!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I'm probably just going to pull once. I've got mythril earmarked for TG Cid and the first FF9 banner, because those are my two favorite games, but I have terrible Magic options right now. I've got a few single target SSBs with no side effects, just straight damage, an EnDark AOE SSB on Kuja that's been handy if I want to bring Dark Zone (I need more DMOs!)and Quists' Hastega+Quick Cast. My best Medica is Arc's, which is really great for physical-heavy bosses, but just isn't enough on anything else.
So I guess I'll wait for the Summon banner, it sounds like more stuff fits into what I need. Thanks for the feedback!

Might be worth waiting until the dungeon update lucky draw on Tuesday to pull on the IX banner - there's some chatter about the IX relics ending up in the pool, since IX is one of the realms on it. They haven't been consistent on whether recent banners end up in the LD pools lately, but there is a chance, and both banners would still be active if not. If they are, then you've got a half-priced SSB+ shot at some IX relics.

edit: The other lucky draw realms are VIII, XIV, and Tactics, if that makes a difference.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 13, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

edit: The other lucky draw realms are VIII, XIV, and Tactics, if that makes a difference.

At a minimum, it makes it one of the best half price banners we've had to date.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
"The new Gender feature was added."

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Boy, that is some new "feature"

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Hells yes. Dollar pulled The Ogre, now Zidane and Luneth can be WindBros.

EDIT: Rolled the bones on an 11 draw. 2/11. Zidane's vest, Kuja Gloves. Looks like Team Wind and Team Dark both got a nice leg up for me this event.

Kumog fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 13, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Did a 3-pull and got a dupe Wizard's Rod. It's a nice 6* Stat Stick now.

Also yay we finally get that Dash & Slash skill so I can shove rosetta stones into my Air Knives (XIV) for Zidane to abuse. :toot:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I finally beat and mastered the 250 torment piggies.

Made it through the trash phases almost entirely with Greg and Y'sh's BSBs. Alphi, Papa, and Tyro just sat back and built their SB gauges through normal attacks. As such, I had burned zero ability uses of those three. Greg had just used a single Gaia Cross at the very start, and Y'sh had to use a single Curada to save Greg from eating early dirt.

Once the piggies rolled up, it was down to work. Greg kept up the taunting, but this was when I started working in his Faithful Companion SSB for some AoE and also to get major regen going. Y'shtola had zero problems keeping SB gauge to keep Asylum up 100% of the time. Tyro popped Keeper's Tome to get Proshell up, then SG for some helpful wall. Else, Tyro was applying magic breakdance and Lifesiphonining whenever possible.

DPS was entirely the job of Alphi and Papa. I had Papa use Ley Lines to get faithga up, and had Alphi hold up using his BSB until Papa could cast the RW. From there, Alphi alternated the ether BSB command and Tiamat (which was hitting for 7500x2). Papa spammed the RW AoE command (which also gave him an additional MAG boost). The fight pretty much continued in this fashion until the pigs were dead. I made sure to tack on Chain Blizzaga/Firaga and another Gaia Cross from Greg to hit the medal conditions.

I did have to SL once due to forgetting to reapply wall and getting Papa and Greg killed. Second time around was much smoother and controlled, and the damage was spread out enough that I killed off all the pigs at once with one final cast of Tiamat.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

pichupal posted:

"The new Gender feature was added."

Guess we can put the question of what Quina identifies as to bed

(the correct answer is: Quina doesn't give a poo poo, they just want to eat)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Fun fact, Quina doesn't get a gender assigned. They don't count for Zidane's OSB and they didn't count for synergy in the Bad Boys Brawl coliseum event awhile ago either.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

How does it feel not to 11-pull on an FFIX event, Yoshi?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Relieving to be honest. There's some fun stuff on banner 2 that would be cool to have since I have no toys for Freya and only an outdated thing for Steiner but my synergy is pretty stacked and I got a thing for Zidane so I'm not stressed over it.

Besides I'll be pulling on the DU Lucky in a few days and that's like 1/4th a IX banner. :v:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Fun fact, Quina doesn't get a gender assigned. They don't count for Zidane's OSB and they didn't count for synergy in the Bad Boys Brawl coliseum event awhile ago either.

More notably, core white Mage appears to be a dude.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 13, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm glad an event with a new fire and forget grindy dungeon with good prizes arrived. The dailies just feel empty in comparison.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Apparently the Rune Tooth description is wrong, it isn't a 50% increase to Greens gained when wielded.

It's a 50% chance to get a 50% increase in Greens when wielded.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CaptainPsyko posted:

More notably, core white Mage appears to be a dude.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

Core characters aren't heroes

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IcePhoenix posted:

The fact that she has a HERO RECORD begs to differ.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Is there some gimmick to the +++ Cid Mission fight I'm missing? Through Shellga and Magic Breakdown he's slamming Lightning/Vanille for like 4-6k. Kinda getting me really annoyed

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Some of his lasers are physical (and ranged, and stronger than his magic lasers).

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So with bsb on Maria, Cid, and hope, krile's sheep song and hope and Terra's osb, I should consider holding off pulling on the summoner banner I think.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Fresh soul breaks:

Mog will be forever single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU5UqGOt52c
Celes takes lessons from Beatrix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhE1cyajEtc
Relm paints a better portrait of Lakshmi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KetglWedtBs

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

IcePhoenix posted:

Savage :(

They were before FF3 was retconned.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

What's with all the 8-hit [element]+non-elemental + en[element] SB's lately? Not that I'm really complaining but it seems kinda lazy, like they're cookie cutter-ing their soul breaks. I've gotten three of them in the past week and a half and I'm sure there's more I just haven't noticed.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Varance posted:

Fresh soul breaks:

Mog will be forever single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU5UqGOt52c
Celes takes lessons from Beatrix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhE1cyajEtc
Relm paints a better portrait of Lakshmi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KetglWedtBs

Poor Mog. :smith:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I factored in events and stuff to see if I can feasibly pull on FFIX, FFIV, and next week's dungeon event and yes I could. I am not all that strong synergy wise in FFIX, so I was pondering a pull.

3/11

Dupe Wizard Rod, Dupe Thunder Gloves and a Ragnarok. Fine I'll use Beatrix even though she was a butt way back when.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh hey, apology mythril. Been a while.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the help thread!

I went from losing to 160's handily about a week ago to beating lightning tonight!

Changing the RW to wall and using a native medica made all the difference.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Varance posted:

That isn't Lakshmi. That's Goddess (one of the Warring Triad).

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Good ol galuf invulnerability was pretty helpful for the FFXIII U++

Also U+ CM down after I gave up on hastega RWs and settled for a wall RW to mitigate all the AoE

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 13, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gotta say, this greens event has not been all that impressive so far. This is like a couple hundred greens above an average daily run. Though I haven't seen a single Ochu yet in 3 runs, which might have something to do with it.

The EXP is nice, though. I'm pretty close to having every character I have decent relics for up to lvl 70, so I can probably start looking at doing CMs finally.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It gives great mastery though and that's enough for me. I still have post-orbfes relics to master.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

It gives great mastery though and that's enough for me. I still have post-orbfes relics to master.

Yeah this was a big draw for me too. I need to catch up quite a bit, mostly just for the XIII stuff I just pulled a few days ago.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I'm not pulling on that FF6 banner. I don't think I have it in me to actively traumatize poor Mog every time I want to run a mage team.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

MikeSevigny posted:

I'm not pulling on that FF6 banner. I don't think I have it in me to actively traumatize poor Mog every time I want to run a mage team.

Don't worry, I already did. Got Mog's cliff-jumping SSB. Happy Didn't-Waste-Your-Mythril!

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

That isn't Lakshmi. That's Goddess (one of the Warring Triad).

It was a joke. I was referring to the function being an outright better version of Lakshmi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Anyone here care to explain what the heck I'Cie and Fal'cie are in FF13?

• Locked thread