Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

ijyt posted:

I don't think anyone would say no to a typhon. Other than Stanyer89, he explicitly told me he doesn't want it. :v:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my typhon go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you.

I'm in for the Typhon because my haiku was from the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Stanyer89 posted:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my typhon go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The runes are actually "M'i Yag" over and over again, in Celtic

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

I love the lightning claws.

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 12, 2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Please stop doxxing me.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just a quick check: did everyone who write a haiku want in on the typhon? the entries had varying levels of seriousness so before I figure out the winner (hint it might be random I'm not sure) I want to make sure who was actually interested

I wouldn't turn it down, but my haiku was mostly just me amusing myself.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Stanyer89 posted:

I love the lightning claws.

No the thumbs are the best part.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The chicken coop and Fischer-Price play slide are my favorites actually.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
The tiny hosed up football is the best part.

I'd toxx a LoW but i have no idea what the gently caress I'd want, let alone afford it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

tallkidwithglasses posted:

The :toxx: is for a 30k LoW choice. That said, you're both :toxx:'d!

Disregard, I'm an idiot who forgot all the special characters weren't all LoW choices.

I'm still toxx'd for a Primarch.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Since the slack channel is currently being swamped by an out of context Blood Bowl chat log, I figured I'd take my question here instead:

I have 60 MkIV marines and 40 of them are built as tacticals. The other 20 were going to be special weapons guys, but that was before Prospero released and they've been replaced by MkIII models. That leaves me with 20 MkIV marines with no real purpose as I never see myself running 60 basic tactical marines. I got to thinking instead of how to upgrade them to assault marines. Assuming I can source jump packs from somewhere, what do y'all think is the best way to get MkIV-style melee weapons and arms? Are there any good third-party bits that mimic the MkIV look? Alternatively, what the hell else should I do with these guys?

I might have just bit the bullet and gotten some weapon sets from FW, but they only come with 2 pistols and 2 chainswords and are 22 GBP. Yeah, there are tons of weapons in those things, but they don't make sense when you only need the arms and the basics. The chainswords are easy; the normal 40k ones look pretty much the same. It's the pistols and arms that are the issue.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
So, uh..

Help?

Also, put me down for :toxx: too - I have a pair of Knights I need to paint for a friend and mine mutual Mechanicum army. Tempted to get an Acheron to add to them but how about I finish the other two first...

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Safety Factor posted:

Since the slack channel is currently being swamped by an out of context Blood Bowl chat log, I figured I'd take my question here instead:

I have 60 MkIV marines and 40 of them are built as tacticals. The other 20 were going to be special weapons guys, but that was before Prospero released and they've been replaced by MkIII models. That leaves me with 20 MkIV marines with no real purpose as I never see myself running 60 basic tactical marines. I got to thinking instead of how to upgrade them to assault marines. Assuming I can source jump packs from somewhere, what do y'all think is the best way to get MkIV-style melee weapons and arms? Are there any good third-party bits that mimic the MkIV look? Alternatively, what the hell else should I do with these guys?

I might have just bit the bullet and gotten some weapon sets from FW, but they only come with 2 pistols and 2 chainswords and are 22 GBP. Yeah, there are tons of weapons in those things, but they don't make sense when you only need the arms and the basics. The chainswords are easy; the normal 40k ones look pretty much the same. It's the pistols and arms that are the issue.

For my MkIII assault marines, I cut the MkIII forearms and attached them to any plastic hands and upper arms I could find, mostly MkVII stuff. It looks good, although a few of the joins ended up being slightly double jointed.

I'd probably just use MkVII arms for MkIV guys, they're not that different to do the whole forearm swap.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I've decided which Primarch to paint.

:unsmigghh:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Every strap on his crotch is an individual resin part.

Endman
May 18, 2010

TTerrible posted:

PERFECT

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Haha this is perfect

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I wouldn't turn it down, but my haiku was mostly just me amusing myself.

Same. I just like spontaneous Haiku. Especially blending the inelegant, inane, and insulting into such a pretty format.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Frankly I just like swearing and talking poo poo no matter the medium.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

tallkidwithglasses posted:

:toxx:es accepted, you're in!

Well poo poo, might as well make it official.

:toxx: TRAITOR WARLORD TITAN, MOTHERFUCKERS! :shepspends:

(Gonna chaos-ify an imperial knight first though, just to make sure I can. Though it's not like I'm already invested what with the head, shoulder guns and big ol plasma gun boxes already sitting on my shelf.)

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Hamshot posted:

(Gonna chaos-ify an imperial knight first though, just to make sure I can. Though it's not like I'm already invested what with the head, shoulder guns and big ol plasma gun boxes already sitting on my shelf.)

That's the spirit!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hamshot posted:

:stare:

Godspeed, brave goon. Godspeed.

:rip: Hamshot

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hamshot posted:

Live my dream for me.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Endman posted:

I've decided which Primarch to paint.

:unsmigghh:

hello, hello and welcome

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Hamshot posted:

you don't have to go OTT, the schemes for the Traitor Titans aren't all skulls and spikes just yet

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Recoome posted:

you don't have to go OTT, the schemes for the Traitor Titans aren't all skulls and spikes just yet

Counterpoint: both skulls and disloyalty to the emperor own incredibly hard

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Skulls are Emperor-Neutral anyway.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

DrPop posted:

I would like to :toxx: for painting just a single normal space man by myself. I haven't painted in 10+ years and would like to become competent at it this year.

Drake_263 posted:

So, uh..

Help?

Also, put me down for :toxx: too - I have a pair of Knights I need to paint for a friend and mine mutual Mechanicum army. Tempted to get an Acheron to add to them but how about I finish the other two first...

Added to the :toxx: post.

Good money spending, Drake_263!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hamshot posted:

Bitch you better deliver. Because if you do you'll get a bonus prize for finishing something so big! God drat!

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Our young men will have to shoot down their young men at the rate of four to one, if we're to keep pace at all.
I recently posted my yellow marines to the 40K thread as was told they might be of interest here.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Effit. I will :toxx: one knight titan. drat thing needs to be properly magnetized and painted up.

Not like I've decided on a color scheme, but what's the worst that can happen? (Probably me losing :10bux:)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Felime posted:

Effit. I will :toxx: one knight titan. drat thing needs to be properly magnetized and painted up.

Not like I've decided on a color scheme, but what's the worst that can happen? (Probably me losing :10bux:)

Congratulations, you're the 30th brother to join our ranks! We've filled a Thunderhawk with the souls of the damned.

big_g posted:

I recently posted my yellow marines to the 40K thread as was told they might be of interest here.

Yes. Yes we're interested here. That's some sickass yellow, good job painting your lame-rear end loyalist legion that hates fun.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

big_g posted:

That yellow is dope.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

big_g posted:

drat right they are. Your GSC were dope too but I'm all about those Fists. I think some of the baserims could use some cleaning up but they're looking great.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just a quick check: did everyone who write a haiku want in on the typhon? the entries had varying levels of seriousness so before I figure out the winner (hint it might be random I'm not sure) I want to make sure who was actually interested
I did not :)

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
A condition of winning should be that they are required to Toxx the model.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Felime posted:

I didn't catch the competition time but i would 100% toxx if it meant a late entry

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Felime posted:

I support this.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Goddamnit I could have done it in haiku form

The shells start coming
And they don't stop coming and
They don't stop coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008