Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
http://i.imgur.com/zCFKpzG.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
me as a villain

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
http://i.imgur.com/qXOxzAI.mp4

anyway outside of the opening and a few bits the xanadu ova is super boring. which sucks, because the opening is actually really loving awesome

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thanks Wart from Mario 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
most hosed up part: the finale does not play "xanadu" by elo

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Kancolle Nendos are great, but they cost quite a bit more than the other ones so I don't buy them very often. So far I have one.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

she broke her leg

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a kitten posted:

I adore the first season (by Madhouse), but hated the second. Apparently the second is more true to the manga? I dunno.

I glanced at the manga but didn't like what I saw.

ymmv of course

sell me on it, cause after 2 episodes its doing nothing for me, despite checking a lot of things i like (girls shooting guns)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

is that the one you can be gay in? I heard there was a korean otome game with an f/f route in some tweet but they didn't mention it by name.

also hell yeah

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

is that the one you can be gay in? I heard there was a korean otome game with an f/f route in some tweet but they didn't mention it by name.

also hell yeah

Can't speak from experience but there's a woman with a route (in the suit in the back) but it doesn't go full romance, though apparently it edged closer to that in the christmas stuff.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no gay, no play

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

homeless snail posted:

no gay, no play

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

speaking of playing with gay, 3 hours until the nintendo switch!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Now You're Gaying With Power™

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

http://i.imgur.com/qXOxzAI.mp4

anyway outside of the opening and a few bits the xanadu ova is super boring. which sucks, because the opening is actually really loving awesome

Xanadu (1980) is also pretty boring, outside a few scenes

such as the one where Xanadu by ELO plays

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

also hell yeah
Yeah, there's a female route. There's some 'I don't know what this feeling is...' type stuff but it's pretty explicitly romantic, there's never any guys mentioned, the other characters tease you a bit about it, the game ends with you opening a coffee shop together.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

Yeah, there's a female route. There's some 'I don't know what this feeling is...' type stuff but it's pretty explicitly romantic, there's never any guys mentioned, the other characters tease you a bit about it, the game ends with you opening a coffee shop together.

Opening a coffee shop together is my ideal gay ending, also the guys could be cute. Looks like it's only on mobile though.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Everyone in Mystic Messenger is incredibly needy, it's a trip but I burnt out after one route.

Dev is really cool tho.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like Faust from Guilty Gear is turning out to be the closest thing to a Joke Fighting Game Character I've ever been able to tolerate. He's pretty fun when you're playing well, constantly poking your opponent from just out of reach and throwing rubber hammers at them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

sell me on it, cause after 2 episodes its doing nothing for me, despite checking a lot of things i like (girls shooting guns)

Hmm.

Well one weird thing is how the first two episodes are basically the same for some reason so maybe give it two more instead of the normal three episode test (if ya feel like it).

I like it because not only is it full of action and intrigue it uses the scifi nature of it to wonder what cost saving a life is worth, and the nature of love to an extent. Plus i like the conflicts between the morally dubious gov't using them as weapons and the fact that in spite all that they're still just kids with dreams and fears and stuff. And while it feels weird to say i like it for what it doesn't do: i really appreciate the fact that there's no fanservice or any leering at the female cast.

It also has a really great scene featuring Beethoven's Ode to Joy and i'm always a sucker for that. :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also, there's two different Gunslinger Girl subtitle tracks around the one where the male lead is Jose is better than the one where he's Giuseppe, but it only exists for the first 10 episodes or something, it's fuckin bizzare. I think it's an artifact of two different companies releasing it...maybe?

My dvds have the option for either, but like i said the better one doesn't actually exist on the last few episodes. No idea what the case is on any streaming sites or well, wherever.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i dled the blu ray. i skipped aroudn a bit to see what name they use and they called him giuse in one scene, so im assuming its giuseppe. the dialogue did feel pretty stilted. well i might give it another ep. it was weird after all how ep 2 kinda repeated a lot of ep 1

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It feels like they did one episode as a pilot and then started from the beginning again when they got approved for a series. But, afaik that's not now nor ever they way anime is produced so i dunno what the heck it's about.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I feel like Faust from Guilty Gear is turning out to be the closest thing to a Joke Fighting Game Character I've ever been able to tolerate. He's pretty fun when you're playing well, constantly poking your opponent from just out of reach and throwing rubber hammers at them.

never forget his original identity

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what the-

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

boi-yoi-yoi-yoi-yoing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sexy araragi, cartoonish hanekawa

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

i really appreciate the fact that there's no fanservice

The entire first 2 episodes are so fanservice it drips from your screen when they play, it's just not the sexy kind of fanservice :v:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Truga posted:

The entire first 2 episodes are so fanservice it drips from your screen when they play, it's just not the sexy kind of fanservice :v:

I was looking for a good gif, but instead i found this so i'm posting it instead.

RIP

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

a kitten posted:

I was looking for a good gif, but instead i found this so i'm posting it instead.

I'm not sure this represents proper gun safety.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I'm like six pages back, but the end of Knights of Sidonia season 2 has the best 'Big drat Heroes' moment in anime.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm not sure this represents proper gun safety.

thats proper trigger safety right there mother effer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Every now and then I remember that Grimgar anime, and how I wanted more after it was over. Then I'm told about some of the later events in the novels and I reconsider.

Think I might go digging around and watch some old Slayers episodes to scratch that itch, even if it isn't quite the same thing.:v:

• Locked thread