Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I think most of the time they acted annoyed when Justin started Haunted Doll Watch, just because their other tradition is one of them springing a bit out of nowhere. As soon as a bit has something funny to goof on, they drop the annoyance so they can keep momentum going. Weird that never happened with a Sad Lib...

I wonder why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sad Libs are funny when you're drunk and with a couple friends. It's garbage podcast material.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mad Libs are barely funny when you do them as intended, when one person fills out the thing, it's just a grown-rear end man saying the word "booger."

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
OH It's sad because it's one person doing both parts. Man...I mean I would feel dumb, but I try to avoid thinking of Sad Libs as much as possible, because I am one.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

OH It's sad because it's one person doing both parts. Man...I mean I would feel dumb, but I try to avoid thinking of Sad Libs as much as possible, because I am one.

But doctor; I am [Italian Opera Character]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
In my adventures in reversed time i've only gotten the final Sadlibs so far and i am scared to see how many there were.

Also "forbes gave us the biggest zag so far" got a loud laugh out of me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TAZ IS OUT!

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

TAZ IS OUT!

I'm so scared for Taako :ohdear:

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

TAZ IS OUT!

I spent my entire commute this morning refreshing the podcast app waiting for it, and it finally went up once I got to work (where I'm too busy to listen).

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleman_ posted:

Mad Libs are barely funny when you do them as intended, when one person fills out the thing, it's just a grown-rear end man saying the word "booger."

While it doesn't necessarily make the bit any better, I could've sworn Travis got his Sad Libs words from Twitter.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw3zBfYUSKQ

:3:

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
I am so glad they are getting fed up with wonderland. Man I cannot wait for the next episode.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I feel like their pop filters are indicative of their personalities

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Augh, I really need something to happen in Wonderland. This arc is cool conceptually but it's been a lot without much plot development.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Augh, I really need something to happen in Wonderland. This arc is cool conceptually but it's been a lot without much plot development.

I think a lot of that is that all the babies and the holidays basically halved their main episode output, so it's taken us four months to get through 2 months worth of content.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Man, THB took a beating with round 2 at the wonderwheel.

EDIT: Also, am I the only one that finds the ad for Rose Buddies adorably dorky?

El Padrino fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 13, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh boy. The ending of the latest TAZ is a banger!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really love the meta-story of TAZ and want to know the ending so bad.

Also I liked how Magnus changed strategy part way through the trial.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I like how Magnus tried to say "gently caress it", changes his mind because the Red Robe told him not to, then Takko did it anyway because he's Taako. I also like how Griffin makes every lost body part have an upside and a downside, and I hope that at the end of this campaign Merle is 60% gone, but still fine.

I also also liked how each of their first answers in the dating game were depressing, but in different ways.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Magnus being defiant just to see where the smoke goes was very clever.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Ariong posted:

I like how Magnus tried to say "gently caress it", changes his mind because the Red Robe told him not to, then Takko did it anyway because he's Taako. I also like how Griffin makes every lost body part have an upside and a downside, and I hope that at the end of this campaign Merle is 60% gone, but still fine.

I also also liked how each of their first answers in the dating game were depressing, but in different ways.

Taako did it because he'd given Magnus true sight and wanted to see what was drawing off the black cloud. It was actually a pretty great idea, and major credit to Griffin for working it in so seamlessly.

Edit: For people who play in real life, how do you handle secret information like the messages Magnus received? Do you keep it to the one person, or do you let the story benefit by announcing it to everyone? Do you rely on the players to keep each other informed in character?

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 13, 2017

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I play online but it's like playing via skype and it's mostly similar to how TAZ does it in that even if there's a secret only one character knows the DM just says it out loud. We've had a couple of secret things that have happened that gets messaged privately to the person, usually between sessions like you get slipped a note or during the down time someone goes to do their own thing, but those are usually personal things to the character that let the players reveal it when they want to, kinda like how Griffin does the one-off sessions during the Lunar Interludes sometimes.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I've been wondering about the permanence of the sacrifices, and I'm getting the strong suspicion that when the boys finally reach the Animus Bell, the offer it's going to make is to return what they've lost.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think a lot of that is that all the babies and the holidays basically halved their main episode output, so it's taken us four months to get through 2 months worth of content.
Both this episode and the last have felt slow because the crew is rusty and the show hasn't been edited concisely; Griffin's pacing is fine but resolving combat and the wheel of torture effects have added a lot of needless, uninteresting banter about mechanics that pulls us out of the narrative. Clint contemplating sacrificing battle axe proficiency is fundamentally boring even when Griffin portrays the implications of that decision in an interesting way.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I've been wondering about the permanence of the sacrifices, and I'm getting the strong suspicion that when the boys finally reach the Animus Bell, the offer it's going to make is to return what they've lost.
The whole arc seems designed to tempt THB into using the relic, and I think if Griffin choreographs providing the option often enough, Travis will bite (especially if Griffin provides a noble option that plays to Magnus's character, such as healing/reviving every contestant of wonderland.)

snucks fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 13, 2017

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I really, really don't trust Cam or whatever the head's name is. Dude's bad news.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

snucks posted:

Both this episode and the last have felt slow because the crew is rusty and the show hasn't been edited concisely; Griffin's pacing is fine but resolving combat and the wheel of torture effects have added a lot of needless, uninteresting banter about mechanics that pulls us out of the narrative. Clint contemplating sacrificing battle axe proficiency is fundamentally boring even when Griffin portrays the implications of that decision in an interesting way.

The whole arc seems designed to tempt THB into using the relic, and I think if Griffin choreographs providing the option often enough, Travis will bite (especially if Griffin provides a noble option that plays to Magnus's character, such as healing/reviving every contestant of wonderland.)

Magnus was able to resist the temptation to prevent Phandolin from burning, so I don't think that would sway him. After all, the Phandolin citizens' lives were ones that they actually could have saved but failed to, and Gundren probably took more lives than these elves ever did.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes, but then Griffin made them live through the destruction, which they didn't have before, so I could see his reaction being different this time. Also he knows a lot more now that the BoB is quite possibly full of poo poo.

I know that if one of them is going to die in Wonderland Magnus will jump on the grenade real quick, but I hope he doesn't because his part in the meta-story is by far the most interesting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NEW CAR BOYS JUST IN TIME FOR SWITCHMAS

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Don't link it or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHleMZ5aAro

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

The Modern Leper posted:

Edit: For people who play in real life, how do you handle secret information like the messages Magnus received? Do you keep it to the one person, or do you let the story benefit by announcing it to everyone? Do you rely on the players to keep each other informed in character?

In my experience, with plot driven groups, stuff that can drive the plot and combat ( so things that happen to players or things they see) are usually spoken for everyone to hear, so that players can follow things, and then basically roleplay either confusion, ignorance, or try and find some way to make the information explicitly "known" to the other player characters.

If it's a character secret though, like something that drives a character motivation or can be useful for moments of pathos in a dramatic moment, that's usually up to the character's player & GM to sort out and reveal.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm only 90 episodes into the backlog sadlibs still aren't a thing

right???

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just realized that with its feel water in a glass HD rumble technology, the Switch is literally the perfect system for Love On The Rocks.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Stairmaster posted:

I'm only 90 episodes into the backlog sadlibs still aren't a thing

right???

Theoretically he has done his last one ever.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ariong posted:

Magnus was able to resist the temptation to prevent Phandolin from burning, so I don't think that would sway him. After all, the Phandolin citizens' lives were ones that they actually could have saved but failed to, and Gundren probably took more lives than these elves ever did.

But the caveat of saving Phandolin was that they lose all memory of the BoB. At that point, nothing is worth sacrificing because Crystal Kingdom would have happened regardless of whether they joined the BoB or not. Which means that after saving Phandolin, they have a maximum of a year before the world is destroyed. I think the bell is going to offer a much more difficult choice

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

User-Friendly posted:

I really, really don't trust Cam or whatever the head's name is. Dude's bad news.

I was mentally screaming "cast zone of truth on CAM Merle you idiot!" If the theory about Cam being betrayed by the director is true, then he knows that one way of leaving Wonderland is to betray somebody...

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Also - with the elves saying both that it's 'inescapable' and that it can absolutely be finished - if both those things are true, then I'm guessing the way to finish the game is... die? Then you've sacrificed everything.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I kind of presumed it was just 'last being standing,' whoever is willing to take the most punishment gets the prize.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Badass Merle Highchurch from the TAZ facebook group. Complete with inappropriate dadchat

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/819925824614891520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think CGI should do a second pass at a Switch episode now that we know actual things about it.