Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

them killing best boy pretty much seals me never reading the books, but if there was a s2 i'd watch it up to then and cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMorHAKD9w

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

there's a lot going on here and I love all of it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOvbbnx1MU

I haven't watched any slayers in years, I should remedy that, cause it's the best.

Also, Lina is a nukular weapon and Hayashibara is simply the best.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Every now and then I remember that Grimgar anime, and how I wanted more after it was over. Then I'm told about some of the later events in the novels and I reconsider.

Think I might go digging around and watch some old Slayers episodes to scratch that itch, even if it isn't quite the same thing.:v:

I liked Rayearth if you haven't seen it or read the manga. Only the first series is good though.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
wait the 4th volume is out and translated into spanish but not english?

what the gently caress? i was enjoying binging through an entire manga in one night and the 4th was looking like it might be the end of the series.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/698523849122406400

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

thank you. i didn't realize i needed this

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Xinder posted:

wait the 4th volume is out and translated into spanish but not english?

what the gently caress? i was enjoying binging through an entire manga in one night and the 4th was looking like it might be the end of the series.

No the 4th volume isn't out yet, though a few magazine chapters that will eventually be in the 4th volume have been published already.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Truga posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOvbbnx1MU

I haven't watched any slayers in years, I should remedy that, cause it's the best.

Also, Lina is a nukular weapon and Hayashibara is simply the best.
yeah I think its pretty cool that they're making dota animes, too

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Botan is the best.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I liked Rayearth if you haven't seen it or read the manga. Only the first series is good though.

My older sister was the one who really got me into anime when I was younger, and that meant watching a lot of stuff I normally wouldn't have (at that age, anyway). Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Rayearth, a lot of shojo stuff in general. And yeah.....that second series was....uhhhhhhhhhhh.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

z0glin Warchief posted:

No the 4th volume isn't out yet, though a few magazine chapters that will eventually be in the 4th volume have been published already.

oh, the spanish translated stuff on batoto confused me then. my bad.

still, i was hoping i'd burn through this in one night and now i'm disappointed.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

z0glin Warchief posted:

Botan is the best.

i really just love this whole mess of romantic interests he's caused at this point and i think i'd even be satisfied if the guy, Miyami I think his name was, won in the end.

but yeah, botan is the best.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

Botan is the best.

What is this?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

chumbler posted:

What is this?

Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru

it appeals to me greatly

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

i really have to respect this guy's commitment. and the whole "Oh, you're a lesbian, I get it now. I'll just have to become more feminine." makes me really excited for the next time he shows up.

but i'm mostly shocked he actually got a positive reaction out of itsuki here, even if he didn't realize it. gives me the impression he actually has something of a shot :v:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Xinder posted:

i really have to respect this guy's commitment. and the whole "Oh, you're a lesbian, I get it now. I'll just have to become more feminine." makes me really excited for the next time he shows up.

but i'm mostly shocked he actually got a positive reaction out of itsuki here, even if he didn't realize it. gives me the impression he actually has something of a shot :v:

my hope is the main guy and him get together, the one girl realizes she's a lesbian and they all hang out in Nichome with the older sister

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DisDisDis posted:

my hope is the main guy and him get together, the one girl realizes she's a lesbian and they all hang out in Nichome with the older sister

i don't dare hope for that. i've seen the way these things go and hoping for such a perfect ending will only lead to disappointment

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
also the current cliffhanger is too much for me

I have zero illusions about that happening but it would be good

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

a kitten posted:

I was looking for a good gif, but instead i found this so i'm posting it instead.

foreshadowing...

z0glin Warchief posted:

Botan is the best.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm currently marathoning through Railgun's first Season. Tsundere Misaka is adorable. :3:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
the cliffhanger hurts me because botan is a good and i don't want her to get hurt. the way the author's note ended volume 3 really gives the impression that 4 will be the end though.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

It does now occur to me that the guy's right ear is pierced, which, while not necessarily true, is sort of considered the "I'm gay" piercing for men in Japan.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
By his own admission, he prefers "mannish girls" so...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

z0glin Warchief posted:

It does now occur to me that the guy's right ear is pierced, which, while not necessarily true, is sort of considered the "I'm gay" piercing for men in Japan.

everyone told me this was a thing in Minnesota too, when I was like 13 and wanted just one piercing

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
why do the series thumbnails on batoto always use the most recent volume? sometimes there's spoilers on them too so like wouldn't you want to have someone's first view of the series be the cover of volume 1?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Xinder posted:

why do the series thumbnails on batoto always use the most recent volume? sometimes there's spoilers on them too so like wouldn't you want to have someone's first view of the series be the cover of volume 1?

YES THANK YOU SOMEONE ELSE AGREES!!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fire Emblem Warriors hot daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Better have Lyn.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors hot daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Better have Lyn.
Plot twist halfway through is that one of the enemy armies is just a bunch of tanks and planes and it becomes Fire Emblem vs Advance War Musou

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

z0glin Warchief posted:

YES THANK YOU SOMEONE ELSE AGREES!!!

I haven't had an issue with it yet, but that makes sense.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
it's just common sense. the first volume's cover is the one meant to grab new readers anyway. the covers of later volumes are more to keep people who are already reading going "oh i better buy this one too, i gotta know what happens next" which is not an effect that works on new readers most of the time

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Xinder posted:

it's just common sense. the first volume's cover is the one meant to grab new readers anyway. the covers of later volumes are more to keep people who are already reading going "oh i better buy this one too, i gotta know what happens next" which is not an effect that works on new readers most of the time

Agreed. And the "welp I just spoiled myself by looking up this series on mangaupdates" or whatever doesn't help.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i want a Nintendo Switch

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

RME posted:

i want a Nintendo Switch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RME posted:

i want a Nintendo Switch
same, probably not gonna preorder it though

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yay Travis is back.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

fuepi posted:

Yay Travis is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

z0glin Warchief posted:

it's the gay piercing here too though I think that particular signing is sort of out dated

e: in that people pierce it to indicate they're gay but also people pierce whatever ear they want who cares

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 13, 2017

• Locked thread