Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

botany posted:

Yep, my whole loving colony just got murdered when the family of deer I was hunting got pissed and decided to get revenge. God dammit.

Is it possible to hunt with grenades?

I've never tried it but I feel like I have to. Deer herd up so nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Is there a list of "Ideal Growing Temperature" for plants anywhere?

Without playing with my heaters I'm trying to figure out how to get all my planets in hydroponics to be 230% growth.

About 10C

I believe it is universal.

Different plants respond differently to fertility boosts, rice is sensitive to it so it grows slow in crap soil and really well in hydroponics.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Is there a list of "Ideal Growing Temperature" for plants anywhere?

Without playing with my heaters I'm trying to figure out how to get all my planets in hydroponics to be 230% growth.

I'm of the opinion that growing anything but rice in hydroponics is a waste. They're the shortest crop to grow so when you inevitably get dicked over by the most active sun in the universe deciding it will solar flare again you don't lose any long-term crops. Rice also gets a big boost from the "soil" fertility.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

McGiggins posted:

An excellent, and correct, guess.

Bout to remod SSE once everything gets updated to the new SKSE.

Pretty much the same for me. I wants me SkyUI.

Slung Blade posted:

poo poo man, I just have standing orders for "make until you have x" pants, button down shirts, dusters/parkas, and tuques/cowboy hats (weather dependant) from any kind of textile or leather available where x is twice the number of pawns in your colony.

Then just set up a trade beacon and a dump site for all your old worn out stuff and sell it whenever you get guests or a ship. I call it the goodwill donation box stockpile.

They totally take care of their own diverse wardrobes with absolutely no interaction on my part outside setting up the tailor bench and appropriate zoning.

It's really not a big deal, is it? Kinda neat from a flavour perspective IMO.

I have a similar setup, except because I'm using both the Medieval and Vegetable Garden mods, which both allow you to disassemble clothes, I have got "Do forever" orders for disassembling anything under 50% and anything with the deadman tag.

Also, I've been using the Mad Rabbits of Caerbannog and, well, mad rabbits indeed

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Mister Adequate posted:

Probably still gonna take a few tens of millions of years at minimum.

Doh!

And thanks Zhentar.

I saw you made a better pathfinding mod, does that make the pawns run straight down instead of hugging walls like the vanilla?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

What mod is that building in the bottom right from in this picture?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Lunethex posted:

What mod is that building in the bottom right from in this picture?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760088748

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I saw you made a better pathfinding mod, does that make the pawns run straight down instead of hugging walls like the vanilla?

Yup! They should take pretty close to optimal paths (although right now they have a tendency to make a weird hook right at the end of their path). Performance should be about as good as Vanilla on average (some cases are significantly slower, many cases are significantly faster).

Incidentally, it's on steam now: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=799834506

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Looks interesting. Are the nuke plants worth building? Can they be built under a mountain?

Also what's the name for those coats? Fluffy something?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Looks interesting. Are the nuke plants worth building? Can they be built under a mountain?

They generate 20000kw of power so they are pretty worth it. Expensive as gently caress though, costing something like 1000 steel, 300 plasteel, 250 uranium and 30 components. The plasteel wasn't a problem (poison ships seem to rain down on me :argh:) but the components hurt. And yes, they can be built underground

quote:

Also what's the name for those coats? Fluffy something?

Winter Cloaks, from the Medieval mod. Pretty much a remodeled parka.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

MadJackMcJack posted:

They generate 20000kw of power so they are pretty worth it. Expensive as gently caress though, costing something like 1000 steel, 300 plasteel, 250 uranium and 30 components. The plasteel wasn't a problem (poison ships seem to rain down on me :argh:) but the components hurt. And yes, they can be built underground

Winter Cloaks, from the Medieval mod. Pretty much a remodeled parka.

Neat, thanks.

Yeah steel and plasteel aren't usually problems for me either, while components are just slow even with two benches cranking them out, but holy poo poo uranium is hard to come by.

loving traders almost never have it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Slung Blade posted:

Yeah steel and plasteel aren't usually problems for me either, while components are just slow even with two benches cranking them out, but holy poo poo uranium is hard to come by

I eventually end up resorting to Vegetable Garden's "uranium leaf" thing you can grow and smelt into uranium at absurdly horrible rates (like a 20x20 field will get you about 30 uranium after 4 months of growing)

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for the work you do, and thank you also for throwing it up on Steam.

I know I'm a lazy rear end in a top hat and just rely on Steam to update my nonsense, but I appreciate you adding your pathfinding mod to the mix.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Neat, thanks.

Yeah steel and plasteel aren't usually problems for me either, while components are just slow even with two benches cranking them out, but holy poo poo uranium is hard to come by.

loving traders almost never have it.

I got lucky and had two nodes out in the open and a cargo pod drop with some in. Still only enough for one though.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Is there a good way to air condition a barracks style building with just one cooler? I tried but it only affected the one room, and when I tried to put gaps in the walls for air flow it worked but it gave everyone the disturbed sleep debuff. Is there a vent somewhere I'm missing?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Is there a good way to air condition a barracks style building with just one cooler? I tried but it only affected the one room, and when I tried to put gaps in the walls for air flow it worked but it gave everyone the disturbed sleep debuff. Is there a vent somewhere I'm missing?

yes

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Vent

it's under Temperature.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

I don't know why I didn't think to look under temperature more carefully. Thanks!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

np friend :)

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

botany posted:

Yep, my whole loving colony just got murdered when the family of deer I was hunting got pissed and decided to get revenge. God dammit.

Go hunting with grenades

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

botany posted:

Same but with Alpha Beavers instead.

Shame as it was my most sucessful game so far, ironically a WIMMIN ONLY settlement that was starting to run like clockwork.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Man luckily dogs can still get pregnant when they have 12% conciousness so luckily I don't have to execute this one and make it into meat :unsmigghh:

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
What's the best mod that adds impassable walls you can shoot through? Prepare Carefully has opened my eyes to the parts of vanilla that are too skewed against the player.

Like far-future spacemen who haven't invented the window.

vvv Pardon the pun, I want to mod the game pretty surgically, I think the core concept is very good

straw man fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 13, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Medieval Times does but it includes a lot more besides that (all of it is excellent though).

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Flesh Forge posted:

Medieval Times does but it includes a lot more besides that (all of it is excellent though).

If i do a medieval times installation, what other mods pair well with it without getting too easy/cheesy

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

well there's these :bigtran:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=841017598

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
If you really want horribly balance breaking mods, walls with shooting holes are called "embrasures".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Don't those embrasures break the hostile AI pretty badly?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

straw man posted:

What's the best mod that adds impassable walls you can shoot through? Prepare Carefully has opened my eyes to the parts of vanilla that are too skewed against the player.

Like far-future spacemen who haven't invented the window.

vvv Pardon the pun, I want to mod the game pretty surgically, I think the core concept is very good

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722085442
You need some Embrasures! :science:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

yes, that's why he mentioned it's horribly breaking :v:

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Also what is the combat like in the medieval times mod?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Mostly just for animals, most humanoids seem to just treat them like sandbags

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

ED's embrasures seem to work pretty well honestly, you get hit in them sometimes and they are so resource and time intensive that you need to put some considerable forethought into setting them up. Any raid or mechanoids with a decent degree of firepower(especially if you're using Rimfire where anti-materiel rifles, grenade launchers, and goddamn Carl Gustav recoilless rifles start popping up in heavy raids) will blow through them and you'll need to have fall back positions planned.

Especially since bleeding is so nasty now, if you run small colonies you stand a chance against larger raids but you'll still have a lot of folks back at the hospital by the end.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
I feel like Rimworld is sorely lacking in My Little Pony representation. Is there perhaps a mod that adds herds of cute colourful My Little Ponies that you can hunt for their delicious meat and supple leather? Perhps with extra Joy for hunting?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Also what is the combat like in the medieval times mod?

I'm actually running medieval now with a primitive start and uh.. I'm a touch worried about actually using the majority of the weaponry in the game. Namely the melee stuff, melee is way too over lethal to make me want to do anything other then use ranged weapons.

E: A squirrel scratched my colonist's finger and now he has ebola and the plague also swine flu from being infected. Also the doctor chopped off his left arm trying to bandage it.

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 13, 2017

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
Welp. randy just dropped a psychic mindrape ship right on my healroot patch. :stonklol:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Thefluffy posted:

Welp. randy just dropped a psychic mindrape ship right on my healroot patch. :stonklol:

I had a ship piece come crashing through my roof. Didn't know that could happen.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Coolguye posted:

yes, that's why he mentioned it's horribly breaking :v:

tbh I wouldn't know, I've never built them (I do all melee dudes and those would only hurt me)

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Well here's what the mess looks like when 30 muffalo manhunter packs destroy your turrets and get injured in the process and bleed out.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
I love the smell of hemoglobin in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
The Cult mod is amazing and everyone should try it.

E: Whats the oldest (counting actual age) colonist you have? I've got a pretty good entry.

Carcer fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 13, 2017