Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Mons Hubris posted:

Is Skyward Sword worth playing? Should I just get a WiiU and play both Zeldas on that?

I think it's fun to play, but if your favorite thing about Zelda is wandering around the overworld then it's not the game for you because that part was missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I mean you guys sure are a bunch of loving downers about your video game systems for babies. 300 bux is throwing away money anyways

its cool to be negative on teh internet

Nintendo? Its bad, heh
______________/
🚬😎

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
Pro controller is $70 and a pair of Joy cons is $80, holy moly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

nintendo switch: that didnt go very well

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i was kinda shocked at the launch line up of

12Switch
Arms
Zelda

that's pretty anemic.

then a lot of the games in production was more games in planning that sounded like they just decided to make them yesterday with no trailer or just a microsoft pending cancelation style trailer.

price is rough but not a deal breaker, but i feel like they over delivered on tech in the controllers and they should have just saved on price and left a lot of that out.

as a presentation i'd give it 5/10. i'm still buying but i'm not hype

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Can't wait to get a Switch in 2019 after a price drop and Zelda, Splatoon 2, Shin Megai Tensei V, No More Heroes 3, and Xenoblade 2 are released for it!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hi nintendo switch thread what is this:
https://twitter.com/Grasshopper_JP/status/819771693627371520

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Harlock posted:

maybe? kind of? one day?

Clearly it should be called No More Trios.

You're getting two of them, so that's actually decent given the range of sensors crammed into the things.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

hoyylyo fuuuuuuck

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're getting two of them, so that's actually decent given the range of sensors crammed into the things.

holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bean posted:

So we all collectively have no goddamn clue how to buy this thing yet?

with money

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

lol they finally broke me.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
joycons are a bit too expensive

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

incoherent posted:

EAT MY loving rear end in a top hat REGGIE WHAT?

$80 for a set of JoyCons :lol:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They should not let Japan do these presentations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Would have been cool to get any information at all on their online system and Virtual Console also, but whatever here's 15 minutes on loving 1, 2 Switch. ARMS looks okay but not $60 okay.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
300 bucks and paid online.

No thanks.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want a Nintendo Switch with Zelda

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/819773742339342336

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Hahaha! Zelda is coming out for Wii U on March 3 also. Bye bye switch. Literally NO reason to purchase you.

StopHangingDjs
Jan 9, 2013

a.lo posted:

with money

What the gently caress is a money

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want to buy one right this instant

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
With how long that Zelda trailer was (or felt), I wonder how many hours long the Gamexplain analysis will be.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-MMA7455-Accelerometer-Sensor-Module/dp/B0057OC62E

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

that is us being very excited old bean

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Translators getting fired as poo poo, complete bombshell of open world dimension-hopping mario with oddjob powers and dapper bowser, The Most Bullshit Incredible Zelda Ever Oh My God, and also Splat2n I guess.

Also gently caress all y'all moaning about the Switch launching with only Zelda, you won't need another game for at least a month.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Neo Rasa posted:

I loved Chronicles but didn't play X at all, is it really that bad? Like how did they gently caress it up should I skip it completely?

I loved X, but other people hate it.

It's a lengthy series of fetch quests in a fully-explorable world. I don't really give a poo poo about the plot, though, I was all "I want to see if I can get to the top of that mountain in the end-game continent here in Chapter 4 with my party that shouldn't go more than a few steps away from the hub area" and setting other arbitrary challenges for myself like that. If you're not one of those "make your own fun" types, it is not the game for you because the story missions are kind of terrible.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

greatn posted:

They should not let Japan do these presentations.

No one in America or Europe was awake to see this poo poo, it was done on purpose

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Consoles need 3 big titles at release to not be an embarrassment IMO.

has any console not been an embarrassment under that metric

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Splatoon is now in Mario Kart apparently.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Monkey Fracas posted:

what I'm seeing is that it will be worth buying at 300 USD given what they've shown but there's not exactly a rush to do so given the fact that it launches with like 1 game

That's pretty much where i'm at. I'm super into the new Zelda, but i'll take it running worse if it means not investing into a whole new console.

Will get it with Spla2n launch or on Black Friday.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Utnayan posted:

Hahaha! Zelda is coming out for Wii U on March 3 also. Bye bye switch. Literally NO reason to purchase you.

For real? Great reason to wait on buying this thing until I guess Mario is out.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It should be no surprise to anyone with a passing familiarity with joycons that pocky is the ideal food to snack on when playing mentioned object (although 'playing' is an inappropriate word, because you experience, rather than play, a joycon; I shall use 'playing' for the sake of simplicity). For those ignorant to the intricacies of this fine Japanese cuisine, imagine a delicate stick of sweetened bread about the width and length of a chopstick, its tip coated in the richest chocolate imaginable. The bold flavor of the chocolate is complimented by the small nuts that caress the tip, creating a culinary juxtaposition of sweetness and saltiness that can only have been hatched in the mind of a chef versed in the subtle paradoxes of Eastern cooking. They are light and easy to eat and hold, useful for joyconning on the go, and their sugar content add that extra boost for late night joycons. Therefore, pocky has garnered itself the precious title of "Ultimate Joycon Snack". Perhaps the only drawback of pocky is its limited availability in the West, though this cannot be attributed to the snack itself, but the infuriating baboons that think they are running grocery stores.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

So I'm hopeful for the switch, but man Nintendo you are bad at online.

Monthly game download
Get one free nes or SNES game for a month period.

No you don't get to keep it, lol. It's not like this is a paid service... Oops.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Codependent Poster posted:

$80 for a set of JoyCons :lol:

Considering they're both essentially wiimote plusses, that's about right.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

uhhhh...uhhhh... Im swinny, I mean swery 66... and uh.... trambis tungledown is indegames.... for the nintendeak switch

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

joycons are a bit too expensive

only when you hold the power of a glass with an ice cube in it in your hands will you understand, fool

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So they announced that Online is going to cost money, and was the only online game they showed Splatoon 2?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Forbidden Donut posted:

Pro controller is $70 and a pair of Joy cons is $80, holy moly.

they have a kinect built in, which was a mistake.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
For the love of buttered toast do not buy this thing at launch.

If you must play Zelda the Wii U will have it as well as actual games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe trailer on the Nintendo site, battle mode looks really good

• Locked thread