Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wow online play for emulators, I feel like that's the one thing Sega didn't do for their Steam collection, unless I'm mistaken

i guess Hamachi can be retired or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Nintendo's consoles usually don't have that big of a user base as it is. It also will have less games than the PS4 and XBO. So why pay for a subscription service for a game when all your friends are playing it on PS4 with PSN? It will just make their online usebase even smaller as it is.

Also, I assume some people actively pay for Live and PS+, and it will be a third subscription.

I own a PC I don't have those PCs so it's kinda moot for me personally.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr Cheeto posted:

What is it with goons and waggle. Do you guys just hate moving your arms or what?

It sucks sometimes. Skyward Sword does it right for the most part except for thrusting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Blazblue is there for launch window. Called it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I'm gonna attempt to be slightly optimistic and assume that what they meant was "we're gonna do that thing everyone else does like they do it" instead of "we're gonna do that thing everyone else does but worse", but I reserve the right to get annoyed when I turn out to be wrong.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BTW the wiimote and nunchuck in your lap is like the most comfortable casual way to play a game so i am glad that the joycons will let me recreate this

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Augus posted:

btw you shouldn't buy this at launch just like you shouldn't buy any other console at launch, good console launches haven't been a thing since forever

unless you don't have a Wii U in which case GOTTA GET THAT ZELDA

If you don't have a Wii U and really want Zelda you could just buy a Wii U.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Apps
http://ak.c.ooyala.com/8za25zODE6eT1AQx2Yvz4XcG4MYCptSr/DOcJ-FxaFrRg4gtDYwOmk2OjBrO68gVU?_=wspghn03tp6pl2by2pgb9

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Anidav posted:

Blazblue is there for launch window. Called it.

surprised they can afford the port when they can't even afford to pay the voice actors

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
32GB of internal storage plus a SD card slot. Well that sucks if I wanted to go all digital for the lifetime of the device. The dock only has 3 usb ports and I think at least are 2.0 so if we can add an external drive it's going to look like a mess if the usb port in the back of the dock is used for an ethernet adapter. I'm old and like running wired networks.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

abraxas posted:

I know I'm probably just a paranoid hater but literally everything except for the screen/console part itself being an "accessory" that you can buy extra makes me think "all of this poo poo is gonna break easily and quickly so we better offer replacement options"

Nah, you don't need any of that stuff because it is just going to be you playing it in your basement with no friends

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

It sucks sometimes. Skyward Sword does it right for the most part except for thrusting.

Skyward Sword is garbage, plagued by unreliable controls and a bunch of awful design decisions.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

That's what a Switch game box looks like.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
pre orders not up i'm going to bed l8rs gang stay safe

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Have we talked about how Nintendo allowed a giant green penis demon in their launch broadcast, during the SMTV segment? :allears:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PneumonicBook posted:

Yea it's looking more likely that launch window will be saved by lower key titles.

PneumonicBook posted:

saved by lower key titles.

:lol:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

the thread posted:

Nintendo Online being Nintendo Online

:stonklol: Wooooow, that might actually be worse than not offering freebies with a subscription at all.

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm gonna attempt to be slightly optimistic and assume that what they meant was "we're gonna do that thing everyone else does like they do it" instead of "we're gonna do that thing everyone else does but worse", but I reserve the right to get annoyed when I turn out to be wrong.

Look into your heart and you'll know the answer.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 13, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hey I guess someone's gotta prop up the SD card market since now they're pretty rare to find in phones.

What do phones use for storage now, then? Or do you mean how phone manufacturers are doing that lovely thing where they have internal storage only?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Attention everyone the previous presentation was actually a hoax, please turn your attention to the real video they intended to present

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Skyward Sword is garbage, plagued by unreliable controls and a bunch of awful design decisions.

actually it was really good and challenging. I played through it on a no heart container run and had good fun

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

The controls in Skyward Sword are 100% reliable and accurate. I had ZERO problems with it what so ever.

Far superior to button controls and it is sad Nintendo abandoned it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dehry posted:

I like it, it looks like old school Japanese box art without all the branding bullshit

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The Parental Controls seem really snazzy. Controllable through an app, bedtime alarms, reports back to the parent if they go over their time allotment (or gives you the option to have the system cut them off once the limit is set), gives you a report on what games they play and how often and general restrictions on online chat/social media posting and not allowing games based on ESRB ratings.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...nintendo+switch

Woptendo
Mar 23, 2006

quote:

Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

• March 2017: Urban Champion (NES)
  • April 2017: Golf (NES)
  • May 2017: SimCity (Super NES)

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

norf this

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Bowser is the best dad

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

dont be mean to me posted:

:stonklol: Wooooow, that might actually be worse than not offering freebies with a subscription at all.

Look into your heart and you'll know the answer.

i look but all it says is "you know you're buying the new Nintendo thing day 1 you dweeb"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

despite all of my complaints I am still going to buy the amazing transforming console handheld

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Preordered on Best Buy.

Walmart already sold out.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I have had parents say to me that they'd always pick up a Nintendo console if they were going to get something for their kids to play because they know Nintendo games are kid-friendly. Features like this actually lend the Switch some genuine value to a pretty sizable market share, and again this should have been in the presentation.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dehry posted:

So just PSP cases?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jimmy Hats posted:

pre orders not up i'm going to bed l8rs gang stay safe

Best buy and Walmart already happened

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Rime posted:

Have we talked about how Nintendo allowed a giant green penis demon in their launch broadcast, during the SMTV segment? :allears:

The 2 in Splatoon 2 also looks like a dick

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
no monster hunter
paid online

no sale

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CubsWoo posted:

The Parental Controls seem really snazzy. Controllable through an app, bedtime alarms, reports back to the parent if they go over their time allotment (or gives you the option to have the system cut them off once the limit is set), gives you a report on what games they play and how often and general restrictions on online chat/social media posting and not allowing games based on ESRB ratings.

Yeah, those parental controls actually seems like real parental controls, not just limit games based on ESRB rating.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Literally no games

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Okay, I will say I am wrong here, the 3DS does have a bunch of great RPGs, at minimum.

I mean, I like what I have seen and will probably get it at some point, likely at launch because I am a weak, weak person. But only with the expectation that it will be only for Nintendo games. Everything else is a pleasant surprise.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How many games from the leaked list were actually shown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

time for sony to announce the vita 2 and finish this thing

• Locked thread