Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

this is some insidious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tfw boos sneaking up behind you and whispering racial slurs in your ear while playing mario kart

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
3DS is good

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Shneak posted:

Why are all the humans in Mario Odyssey wearing the same grey suits and haircut like it's North Korea.

it looks like bowser took it over somehow hes got flags with his face about

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Super No Vacancy posted:

time for sony to announce the vita 2 and finish this thing

didn't we say that for the vita...and the psp?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DC Murderverse posted:

i look but all it says is "you know you're buying the new Nintendo thing day 1 you dweeb"

I was going to preorder tomorrow. I'm not going to be doing that anymore

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neo Rasa posted:

I loved Chronicles but didn't play X at all, is it really that bad? Like how did they gently caress it up should I skip it completely?

It wasn't bad, just boring, tropey, bland if you looked at it up close, but gorgeous from far away. Literally every single side quest was pointless poo poo that either wasted time developing a faceless nobody, or the old standby, go get 5 of these things. If you took a stab at how the story panned out after the first half hour, you'd be exactly right. There were a billion armor and weapon upgrades that didn't do a whole lot beyond increasing numbers, and made shopping a chore. Combat was pretty fun, but maybe too complicated for its own good. The entire game was the textbook definition of quantity over quality. It made me completely uninterested in playing another Xenoblade game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

Its too late, they already announced Disgaea, the Vita has lost its source of anime power

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Ugh hurry up Amazon preorders. For everything.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

annnnnnnnd preordered

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

krool street in new donk city

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Is this a loving Joke? :laffo:

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Could this be Nintendo's last foray into the hardware market? It's basically a tablet stuck between two controllers, and a docking station to the TV. If tablet hardware standardized, or if the connection is purely wireless, this could evolve into a set of peripherals where the middle piece is already in many people's home.

They already are building a viral smartphone app presence, and maybe we will see the two concepts synergize someday.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Please change the thread title to remove the deak and preserve Nintendo's honor

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fat_Cow posted:

Is this a loving Joke? :laffo:

I think Nintendo is just seeing what they can get away with in their last attempt at hardware at this point.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Colorspray posted:

Could this be Nintendo's last foray into the hardware market? It's basically a tablet stuck between two controllers, and a docking station to the TV. If tablet hardware standardized, or if the connection is purely wireless, this could evolve into a set of peripherals where the middle piece is already in many people's home.

They already are building a viral smartphone app presence, and maybe we will see the two concepts synergize someday.
nah

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
In all honesty, the consoles LINE UP looks incredible:

Shin Megami Tensei V
No More Heroes III
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
That Square-Enix Pixel Art JRPG

The problem is that only one of those games are at launch, and two during launch window.

In short, this looks like a bad buy for early adopters, but a dream for those jumping in way down the line.

That said, there are some troubling things such as the cost of accessories and PAY TO PLAY ONLINE (WHAT THE gently caress!?!?!?!?)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looper posted:

Please change the thread title to preserve Nintendo's honor

It's a little late for that

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

THANK YOU. Got one pre-ordered!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Colorspray posted:

Probably, aside from Mario and Zelda, the nVidia Shield is a better buy and no one owns an nVidia Shield either.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Looper posted:

Please change the thread title to remove the deak and preserve Nintendo's honor

:confused:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The REAL Goobusters posted:

this is some insidious poo poo
lol why are you 8 years old

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

enojy posted:

It wasn't bad, just boring, tropey, bland if you looked at it up close, but gorgeous from far away. Literally every single side quest was pointless poo poo that either wasted time developing a faceless nobody, or the old standby, go get 5 of these things. If you took a stab at how the story panned out after the first half hour, you'd be exactly right. There were a billion armor and weapon upgrades that didn't do a whole lot beyond increasing numbers, and made shopping a chore. Combat was pretty fun, but maybe too complicated for its own good. The entire game was the textbook definition of quantity over quality. It made me completely uninterested in playing another Xenoblade game.

Actually it was really good

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

What the gently caress are those controller prices though. http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98ZwgzYyig

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Preorders are live at Best Buy. Just placed mine.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Probably, aside from Mario and Zelda, the nVidia Shield is a better buy and no one owns an nVidia Shield either.

I forgot that exists

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

sorry but nintendo just did that

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i will buy a switch perhaps even buy a zelda as well

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Colorspray posted:

yeah probably

i expect to see record loss for their fall 2017 report

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was able to buy a wii u at or right around launch without pre-ordering so i'm just gonna let the early mob rush go first

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

by the way, Ultra Street Fighter II is currently priced to release at $50.

HD Remix was priced around $20, if I recall.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol why are you 8 years old

Nintendo views anyone who plays their games above the age of eight to be literal monsters who must be sucked up with a vacuum and also cannot stand social interaction with others so they hide their face from the rest of the world.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
loving pre-orders... Best Buy is up, but not Amazon. Sitting on enough Amazon GCs to buy the thing and some games.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yesssss, so excited for my newly preordered Switch to show up. I just spent 30 hours driving and this made my night.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why is the dock 90 dollars? What does it do? Is a USB3 HDMI passthrough that expensive?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Astro7x posted:

loving pre-orders... Best Buy is up, but not Amazon. Sitting on enough Amazon GCs to buy the thing and some games.

I have $300 left out of $750 I received from work spiffs but I don't care, just loving pre-order where you can because you know it'll sell out soon

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Weeping Wound posted:

by the way, Ultra Street Fighter II is currently priced to release at $50.

HD Remix was priced around $20, if I recall.

Jesus Christ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Yeah I know everyone says this every time but Nintendo is doomed guys

Do you hear me??

DOOMED