Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

OMG the Pro Controller is $70.

Joycons are $50 for one $40 for two.

gently caress you Nintendo. gently caress you so so so so much.

I have a one hundred and fifty dollar xbone elite controller and it is really good

I'm gonna buy a pro controller at launch for sure and get a joycon pack when something actually uses it which will probably be mario kart, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So...

Dock: $90
2 Joycons: $70

Can I get the remaining part for $110?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Jimmy Hats posted:

They specifically said it isn't supposed to do that many times over

They also said the DS wouldn't replace the Game Boy Advance.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Looks like they are adding online play to the Virtual Console games, and you get 1 free per month with the paid service.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i look forward to people complaining about how they made zelda a weak female character again

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Jimmy Hats posted:

They also said the DS was a '3rd pillar'

Nintendo says lots of things.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

that switch case got me hot and bathered, they look like saturn boxes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

You believe that? haha

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This is your reminder that the Super Nintendo had about three games at launch. It's just that one of them was Mario so you didn't care.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jimmy Hats posted:

and you believe them?

didnt they said the same thing about the GBA and the 3ds

efb

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

raditts posted:

Settle down with this crybaby poo poo man, that's how much xbone / ps4 controllers were at launch too. They're still $50 and up.

Like of all the things you could go with after that shitshow presentation, this is what you chose?

Yea, but they tend to come with the controller. If you want the system, Zelda, and a pro controller at launch you are looking at 450-500 dollars after tax.

I have no issues throwing money around, and would probably grab this just for Zelda at a flat 300 since I don't own a Wiiu, but 450+ would make me hesitate.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol a subscription to play Splatoon
Thank you Microsoft for ruining consoles forever

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

incoherent posted:

What if zelda was a boy???????????????????????????????????????????????

Also yes, zelda is a strong rear end princess. No need to cry unless this is a game where she is younger version of herself. Even then: less anime crys plz.

This is the price people pay for insisting that Nintendo add voice acting to Zelda.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

:allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Microsoft and Sony put the US first and so they dominate the market.
Nintendo are a bunch of idiots and are going to get out of the hardware business sooner or later.
Yeah Nintendo should have released their console before Microsoft and Sony

Wait that was the Wii U

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Even Nintendo's social media interns don't give a gently caress any more

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I don't really see why people are pissed about paying for online service, you've been doing it for years now. It doesn't bother me much, I'm perfectly happy to go without, and I don't think I'll be using the Switch for its incredible online services anyway.

I mean, if it runs well, sure, but the thing is gonna be portable and wi-fi so I mean, you're not running Overwatch on that.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Brother Entropy posted:

they're probably working on a switch monster hunter but announcing it this early would take the wind out of XX's sails

I know, I know. But I want a new MH I can play on a TV NOW, dammit. I don't care if it's just a Generations port.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i really want to know if there's going to be achievements nintentod

StopHangingDjs
Jan 9, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Microsoft and Sony put the US first and so they dominate the market.
Nintendo are a bunch of idiots and are going to get out of the hardware business sooner or later.

Everyone would be happier if they just stopped the hardware BS and focused on the only thing they are good at, making Mario and Zelda games.

God no. As much as they already do run the market, a console market of just Sony and Microsoft is loving disgusting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Internal memory is just 32 gigs, with some used by the systems OS, so barely a game?

You can add memory cards to expand it but still, that's tiny.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Craptacular! posted:

This is your reminder that the Super Nintendo had about three games at launch. It's just that one of them was Mario so you didn't care.

Weren't the other two like Pilotwings and motherfucking F-Zero though?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's a shame, because the Switch doesn't have any wind in it's sails

idk man i'm pretty happy about 3 cool nintendo sequels this year

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

punk rebel ecks posted:

gently caress Nintendo. gently caress gently caress gently caress Microsoft for making this norm.

gently caress STUPID loving GAMERS! URGH!

You sound mad about paying for services that are expensive to maintain

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Jimmy Hats posted:

They said that about the DS, too. That's just so they can backpedal incase they gently caress up.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Alteisen posted:

Did anything Laura say turn out to be true?

NCL deliberately dropped BG&E2 and the Rabbids RPG from the event just to gently caress with her.

It will only hurt more when they are revealed at E3 and people are upset at how Nintendo is wasting time on these titles "We've already known about for over half a year.", like when Pac-Man and Palutena were announced for Smash at E3 2014 but were leaked almost an entire year prior.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Tender Bender posted:

My favorite anecdote about Chronicles X is that I came across a quest marker out in the world, but I couldn't start the quest, it told me I had to get a pre-requisite quest first. That pre-requisite quest was a quest you get from the mission board, that literally just tells you to go to the spot I had found on my own, to begin the quest. I went to the mission board and was unable to get the pre-requisite quest because the mission board only shows a few of its quests at a time and they are randomly cycled through every time you load the game.

Yeah that's Xenoblade Chronicles X alright.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I still want to know how the gently caress the joycons are conveying information to the switch, and what kind of batteries they take/how long they last. I kept waiting for them to touch on it during the presentation but they never did, so I'm just going to assume they run on unicorn farts and the dreams of small children.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I know I'm probably just a paranoid hater but literally everything except for the screen/console part itself being an "accessory" that you can buy extra makes me think "all of this poo poo is gonna break real easily and quickly so we better offer replacement options"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
the 3ds is gonna be fine for at least a few more years you mooks, it has so many goddamn units sold and churns out anime garbage weekly for you to buy

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Why are all the humans in Mario Odyssey wearing the same grey suits and haircut like it's North Korea.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I will buy two switches if you can do eight player local Mario Kart using two of them

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Astro7x posted:

Looks like they are adding online play to the Virtual Console games, and you get 1 free per month with the paid service.

No, you get one for a month, as in after the month, pay up.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Matinee posted:

Even Nintendo's social media interns don't give a gently caress any more

Translator guy strikes again

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

abraxas posted:

I know I'm probably just a paranoid hater but literally everything except for the screen/console part itself being an "accessory" that you can buy extra makes me think "all of this poo poo is gonna break real easily and quickly so we better offer replacement options"

Nintendo's build quality is the one thing they haven't compromised on yet so let's see.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Celery Jello posted:

You sound mad about paying for services that are expensive to maintain

lol if you dont think itll be 100% p2p matchmaking

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I pray monolith has learned to make a combat system that isn't dull as hell.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Shneak posted:

Why are all the humans in Mario Odyssey wearing the same grey suits and haircut like it's North Korea.

Uh, super rude to question the status quo of NEW DONK CITY friendo.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

[Zelda] doesn't have waggle

I'll believe that when I see it. I'm more inclined to assume Nintendo will helplessly gently caress it up than give them the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pureauthor posted:

*pssssst*

3DS.

And?

• Locked thread