Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Only the misogynist and racist can know with certainty when those accusations are legitimate or not.

This reading counts on the person doing the action making a fully rational decision to come to a certain conclusion, when in reality, people are not fully rational actors (especially involving -isms where a person is subject to act thanks to push-pull social forces).

e: plus everyone thinks they're generally somewhat good or reasonable at least. People put up personal blinders to any accusations of harming others.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Fat Shat Sings posted:

It actually is a bad analogy that doesn't work at all. Because in the X-Box analogy the poster is asked to not troll and the poster responds that they are definitely going to troll.

What actually happened is the poster was asked to explicitly state that they respect people in the thread and the poster responded "No"

okay so, in what happened, the poster said "no i will not respect others feelings", replying in a way where it's implied they will troll, instead of respecting feelings

in the analogy (which is intended to make a thing clearer) the implication is gotten rid of and it's just stated outright.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

"you have no sense of humor if you don't laugh at pathetic people. also, please do not make fun of my obsession about the rare person more pathetic than me, that is unfair. thank you"

how much does it offend you to be blocked from posting on something awful for six hours, in milliliters of tears

The fact that the response to unjust or poor moderation from a mod is to shut up and stop melting down is proof that moderation is being handled poorly. It's not even a question of whether it's being handled poorly to them, that's freely admitted to, it's just a turnaround on the people who complain about it for being whiny.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Rodatose posted:

pm a mod for mod permission to work something out, it's really up to them

also keep in mind that even if you got mod permission people would still have to post in that thread.

If the negrotown and #blackgirlmagic threads can somehow generate enough traffic to stay alive, I'm sure anything I come up with will continue indefinitely. Trust me. I'm a professional thread maker. I'm gonna make a great thread. The best. Made out of words and links. And I'm gonna make Mexico pay for it Koala enforce the rules. It's gonna be great.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rodatose posted:

okay so, in what happened, the poster said "no i will not respect others feelings", replying in a way where it's implied they will troll, instead of respecting feelings

And who had trolled and disrespected people's feelings repeatedly in that same thread.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

new phone who dis posted:

The fact that the response to unjust or poor moderation from a mod is to shut up and stop melting down is proof that moderation is being handled poorly. It's not even a question of whether it's being handled poorly to them, that's freely admitted to, it's just a turnaround on the people who complain about it for being whiny.

" SIR! SIR! *ding ding ding ding as i hammer on the five dollar hand ringing bell on the faux marble counter* SIR I DEMAND THAT MY GROUPON BE HONOROED FOR THE RADISSON SIR! SIR! I AM BEING RESPECTFUL SIR! I WILL NOT BE DENIED! I WILL HAVE THE FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, SIR *ding ding ding ding ding*"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

The cops have released a statement vindicating the cops of any wrongdoing. Obviously people just needed to make more threads and hey if you eat a 6er for bad reasons just shut the gently caress up and take it.

You're a goofy little bitch who got radicalised by the presence of women in children's entertainment

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

And who had trolled and disrespected people's feelings repeatedly in that same thread.

Complaining about disrespected feelings in a forum created for debate and discussion is a slimy tactic used to assure a homogeneity of opinion.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
can i PLEASE get a III%er gang tag to demonstrate my resistance to the wicked, craven, and frankly unlawful moderation present on the something awful loving forums

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

piss__donald posted:

You're a goofy little bitch who got radicalised by the presence of women in children's entertainment

You're a lovely mod who's cultivated a toxic subforum and your bosses had to call you out in public over it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Complaining about disrespected feelings in a forum created for debate and discussion is a slimy tactic used to assure a homogeneity of opinion.

i for one am extremely sorry that the members of something awful disrespected your feelings. shame on us

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Rodatose posted:

in the analogy (which is intended to make a thing clearer) the implication is gotten rid of and it's just stated outright.

yeah so it's a bad analogy because it isn't actually what happened

thank you for agreeing

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Majorian posted:

This literally did not happen unless you count any level of disagreement from a person who already agrees on, at minimum, 90% of issues as "disrespect."

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

You're a lovely mod who's cultivated a toxic subforum and your bosses had to call you out in public over it.

You've never hosed

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

i for one am extremely sorry that the members of something awful disrespected your feelings. shame on us

This is the right attitude to have. Just make sure it ends up in the black people thread, too.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

people aren't robots, they have feelings when you discuss things with them

try talking to other people like you would an irl person

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hmmm yes, when I think of injustice I think of a white dude not being able to troll a thread where black posters open up about the genuinely awful poo poo they have to face in their daily lives. You are the real victim.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

piss__donald posted:

how does a site administrator not seem to know about current or past events on the website they administrate?

You are confused why this thread exists despite everything that's taken place over the last week in relation to probably a decade of history involving terrible moderation and subforums like this becoming insular.

I don't want to suggest you are incapable of "getting it" but you did say you read 1,000 posts in this thread and still don't "get it" soooo

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
look, i'm being reasonalbe here. all i want, is for you, to respect my feelings and not make fun of me when i'm calling out troons, wiggos, and layabouts. i need an impartial, comfortable space with impartial moderation, so that i can complain about all the awful people who are ruining the internet. this is not too much to ask. thank you

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

piss__donald posted:

You've never hosed

You're king of the shittiest group of pedant nerds on the internet and it's so bad the people trying to fix it didn't even offer you the dignity of trying to do so in private.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

This literally did not happen unless you count any level of disagreement from a person who already agrees on, at minimum, 90% of issues as "disrespect."

Nah, it kind of did. Neuro was pretty dismissive of the feelings of posters who have to deal with unfairness that he doesn't have to on a daily basis.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fat Shat Sings posted:

You are confused why this thread exists

nobody is confused why this thread exists. some people got stupendously flamed in d&d one time and they never, ever forgot about it

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

boner confessor posted:

nobody is confused why this thread exists. some people got stupendously flamed in d&d one time and they never, ever forgot about it

oh hey yeah...maybe...wait

piss__donald posted:

I guess I'm confused about what prompted this thread.

can you go back to fabricating terrible hypotheticals that aren't representative of anyones actual opinion to make yourself look more right boner confessor?

boner confessor posted:

look, i'm being reasonalbe here. all i want, is for you, to respect my feelings and not make fun of me when i'm calling out troons, wiggos, and layabouts. i need an impartial, comfortable space with impartial moderation, so that i can complain about all the awful people who are ruining the internet. this is not too much to ask. thank you

thank you

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 13, 2017

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Fat Shat Sings posted:

how does a site administrator not seem to know about current or past events on the website they administrate?

You are confused why this thread exists despite everything that's taken place over the last week in relation to probably a decade of history involving terrible moderation and subforums like this becoming insular.

I don't want to suggest you are incapable of "getting it" but you did say you read 1,000 posts in this thread and still don't "get it" soooo

have you considered that its possible that he "gets it" but thinks that youre wrong

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rodatose posted:

people aren't robots, they have feelings when you discuss things with them

try talking to other people like you would an irl person

the only people natetimm talks to are the cashiers at burger king so good cucking luck buddy

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

The ideology eater posted:

have you considered that its possible that he "gets it" but thinks that youre wrong

nah

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

the only people natetimm talks to are the cashiers at burger king so good cucking luck buddy

I WILL BE HAVING IT MY WAY, SIR!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fat Shat Sings posted:

can you go back to fabricating terrible hypotheticals that aren't representative of anyones actual opinion to make yourself look more right boner confessor?

frankly 100% gobsmacked that a dude who posts like this is pissed about not being able to post in d&d because of reasons. have you even tried you lazy sack of crap??? you'd fit right in, if you weren't so terrified of being mocked

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

well let's not roll out the jump to conclusions mat right away

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

boner confessor posted:

frankly 100% gobsmacked that a dude who posts like this is pissed about not being able to post in d&d because of reasons. have you even tried you lazy sack of crap??? you'd fit right in, if you weren't so terrified of being mocked

i feel like this should make you analyze the possibility of you being wrong, rather than just saying a bunch of poo poo that is exactly as wrong as your last post i just quoted but you do you buddy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

What are the Big D&D Events that happened over the last week

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rodatose posted:

This reading counts on the person doing the action making a fully rational decision to come to a certain conclusion, when in reality, people are not fully rational actors (especially involving -isms where a person is subject to act thanks to push-pull social forces).

e: plus everyone thinks they're generally somewhat good or reasonable at least. People put up personal blinders to any accusations of harming others.

Then why should one group of irrational actors be taken at face value over the other if all people are inherently irrational and misconstrue events or even their own motives because on their own incomplete knowledge?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

If the negrotown and #blackgirlmagic threads can somehow generate enough traffic to stay alive, I'm sure anything I come up with will continue indefinitely. Trust me. I'm a professional thread maker. I'm gonna make a great thread. The best. Made out of words and links. And I'm gonna make Mexico pay for it Koala enforce the rules. It's gonna be great.

They're not pretending this isn't solely about negrotown anymore at least

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

piss__donald posted:

What are the Big D&D Events that happened over the last week

a reasonable demand to make of me if i were an administrator claiming confusion over said events

"I know it's my responsibility but what am I?!!?!"

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 13, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i feel like this should make you analyze the possibility of you being wrong, rather than just saying a bunch of poo poo that is exactly as wrong as your last post i just quoted but you do you buddy

*holds up a marx doll* show us on the doll where the internet made fun of your dialectic

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I can't really speak to the Negrotown thread as a whole because I haven't gone through it and it's probably fine, but the OP really loving sucks and I'd hope that D&D by and large doesn't go the way of Buzzfeed and make their kicking off posts a slew of .gifs.

The Misogynoir OP seems fine, though.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nah, it's common courtesy and basic humanity. If you can't show these to your fellow posters, why should they or the mods show you any?

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Fat Shat Sings posted:

a reasonable demand to make of me if i were an administrator claiming confusion over said events

man you sure are lucky that mods arent allowed to ask posters to do things

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

Nah, it's common courtesy and basic humanity. If you can't show these to your fellow posters, why should they or the mods show you any?

Those who deviate from the approved opinions will be summarily punished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Then why should one group of irrational actors be taken at face value over the other if all people are inherently irrational and misconstrue events or even their own motives because on their own incomplete knowledge?

I didn't say to take any claim at face value.

In order to find out the truth of a situation, you gotta investigate it. Usually the way to start this process is by taking a plaintiff's/victim's words first (which is touchy bc victims often experience hesitance in reporting, at a rate where non-claims far outnumber false accusations), and then comparing that with the accused's version of the story. it's best if some impartial third party tries to sort it out

• Locked thread