Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

charles barkley has always been pretty cool i think

he got in some kind of loaded bet with jordan about golf

but yeah, cool guy good at sport and now sport announcement, not so good at taking on jordan, cuz mike's on a different level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

piss__donald posted:

the only contact i have with that thread is every few months someone asks me to change the title. they could be doing human sacrifice in there and i'd never know :nyoron:

speak of which the title change on the other thread is excellent

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
havent seen permabans in a while

that shmork thread sure is something huh

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
*squints* permaban drama on the horizon boys. better take shelter

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I can't even think of original D & D posters that are still around

SA has gotten a lot older

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

me, but i was and remain a nobody. my first account was an 02. as of march i'll have been posting here fifteen years

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

boner confessor posted:

me, but i was and remain a nobody. my first account was an 02. as of march i'll have been posting here fifteen years

I signed up I wanna say 1 year before 2001? I dunno now actually I remember 9/11 2001. My account was old enough that when I got banned I couldn't rereg because my original email was from college and I didn't have access to itD&D actually had a lot more conservative posters and wasn't like super duper liberal, but then that was also when there were a lot of posters.

It'd be interesting to actually go back and reread the D&D and see how it's changed and shifted.

It's a noticable enough for me that I remember it being a obvious shift.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 13, 2017

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the forums run on the same principle of antiquity history, where the ages decline and the great heroes all die leaving only their inferior prodigy to slog along unblinkingly in the new gotterdammerung. the figures that persist are simply those who lack the fame or infamy to die.

sa seems like its got a five to seven year turnover cycle for its era which is pretty good, compared to the other forums ive been to where its like two years per cycle and have all gone to absolute dog poo poo while sa is just mostly tedious unfunny meme bullshit

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ive sworn off memes and it has restored my big t

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
my excessive sincerity level tho has given me terminal fail disorder *coughs weakly, writes essay claiming trump is really more like idi amin than hitler*

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Hollismason posted:

I signed up I wanna say 1 year before 2001? I dunno now actually I remember 9/11 2001. My account was old enough that when I got banned I couldn't rereg because my original email was from college and I didn't have access to itD&D actually had a lot more conservative posters and wasn't like super duper liberal, but then that was also when there were a lot of posters.

It'd be interesting to actually go back and reread the D&D and see how it's changed and shifted.

It's a noticable enough for me that I remember it being a obvious shift.

having perused some old d&d stuff i would say absolute dogshit

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the forums were always bad, will always be bad, i say this as a certified member of the something awful forums before we were referred to as goons

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
today i had a filing cabinet fall on top of me. i suspect it was an assassination attempt

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

today i had a filing cabinet fall on top of me. i suspect it was an assassination attempt

i have a vendetta against filing cabinets after helping a historian move

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Once a filing cabinet has tasted human blood it will crave human blood becoming a beast of the wild

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

the forums were always bad, will always be bad, i say this as a certified member of the something awful forums before we were referred to as goons

then you're a :siren:re-reg:siren:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujfDtlEwFBk

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I was '04, but I managed to catch some of those delightful libertarian-filled days with Ditch, Voice of Reason, Food_Motivated, etc.

Aaaaah...bunch of shitlords, the lot of them.:allears:

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

man if i had been here in the aughts you would have seen a sight

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sudo rm -rf posted:

man if i had been here in the aughts you would have seen a sight

yeah plenty of weirdos posted un YLLS at that time

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I'm one of the only posters to join sa for AI instead of games so I didn't even look at dnd until after lf died.

BTW these are all the same complaints made by lf about dnd just with some minor updates. Not to be all nothing has changed because overall the forums have gotten more inclusive and less regressive but that the complaints are basically the same. hive mind has no meaning anymore and I wish the Nazis could at least be creative instead of always sticking to the same dumb words to complain about their free speech being infringed upon.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/819775844725862400

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The scars of the Blackbird Field still remain in Nintendo's psyche.:smith:

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

who is this guy and why does he get a sick hammer and sickle platinum user symbol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797403&pagenumber=980#post468296786

i want one

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

sudo rm -rf posted:

who is this guy and why does he get a sick hammer and sickle platinum user symbol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797403&pagenumber=980#post468296786

i want one

i'm not sure, it's a c-spam thing. homework explainer has a little tank.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sudo rm -rf posted:

i want one

You're only eligible for it if you've never said "aughts"

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Does baloogan still have a pill?

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

the paradigm shift posted:

Does baloogan still have a pill?

he has a fasces last I checked

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

he has a fasces last I checked

That's properly obscure, I couldn't even figure it out after zooming way in and had to break down and Google the word

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/BevisSimpson/status/807641431410089984

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

That's properly obscure, I couldn't even figure it out after zooming way in and had to break down and Google the word

How can you not know what fasces are? Have you never seen the Lincoln memorial?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Randler posted:

I mean it's not like they're labeled

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Randler posted:

Not in person. The trip to the capital in high school was more than my parents could pay and since I became an adult I sure as hell haven't had the time or money in the same place.
lol if you think I'm paying any attention to details of national monuments in pictures

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Hollismason posted:

ReindeerF posts like once a month in the SE Asia thread I think. Other than that no.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hollismason posted:

I vape and I got my order in and every package tastes like pickles. It's suppose to be caramel. WTF JUUL. Now I gotta like go buy new ones and ship this garbage batch back.
get menthol, caramel vapes are icky

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI9B9M8bpdA

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Not in person. The trip to the capital in high school was more than my parents could pay and since I became an adult I sure as hell haven't had the time or money in the same place.
lol if you think I'm paying any attention to details of national monuments in pictures

They are an important detail, though. The framing of Lincoln by the fasces is meant to emphasise the United States' understanding of themselves as a fascist country.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i was calling a german pet store yesterday, and after initially proclaiming that they don't speak english, they suddenly appeared to fluently speak in english, once they heard my monologue about dog beds and european union, all in perfectly broken german

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
berke will you marry my mother

• Locked thread