Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I thought this was the same cartoon Ramirez has made five times already, but the caption saved it at the last moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

loquacius posted:

I thought this was the same cartoon Ramirez has made five times already, but the caption saved it at the last moment

If it was a British cartoon it'd show Trump's bare arse.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trump's win was a very personal loss for me. He is an exemplar of all the personality characteristics I would not want to see in a friend, coworker, boss, employee, or just someone on the street. I hate him on a personal, individual level in a way that I have never hated any politician I have seen before and would jump for joy if some giant symbol in America reflected my feelings.

This is probably cold comfort, but a large percentage of the country feels the way you do.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I know these are right wing hacks, but they do know that compared to Trump, Obama is going to be looked in a crazy good light compared to him; thus having a great legacy... Right?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is probably cold comfort, but a large percentage of the country feels the way you do.
I always knew there were people here and there who actually like all those personal characteristics that I hate so much. But even accounting for all the other reasons someone would vote for the GOP candidate, what's left is that there are still apparently tens of millions of people who just plain like Trump as a person. It's not a majority by any means but it's still vastly more than I thought. There is no upside to this.

edit: to be clear, I am saying that I was naive before and I have been snapped into a painful reality.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 13, 2017

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

HA
TE
TR
UM
PD
OG

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Pretty sure right wingers like McCoy, Ramirez, and Lester are more obsessed with Hollywood than even Hollywood is.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Keep it up you fucker, keep it up. When California secedes after Trump tries building his loving wall, Sessions tries to take away their weed, and who the gently caress knows tries to take away their water, we'll all have a god drat loving laugh at the loving McCoys.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Shibby0709
Oct 30, 2011

one fat looking fat guy

Trump has the worst "environtal" policy.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Shibby0709 posted:

Trump has the worst "environtal" policy.
The worst part is his denial of clime change.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trump's win was a very personal loss for me. He is an exemplar of all the personality characteristics I would not want to see in a friend, coworker, boss, employee, or just someone on the street. I hate him on a personal, individual level in a way that I have never hated any politician I have seen before and would jump for joy if some giant symbol in America reflected my feelings.

Though I disagreed with Bush on most things, I didn't *hate* him on a visceral level. If he were a friend's old uncle I met at a party I'd probably have had a fine time chatting with him.

I feel like a lot of people now understand the baffling visceral rage a lot of rightists felt over Obama, where every little thing he did was somehow grating. Feels a little hypocritical after years of "drat, can't you guys find one single nice thing to say about Obama" but here we are.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Johnny Walker posted:

The worst part is his denial of clime change.

It's the weath, stupid.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Stop listening to terrible Orlando radio. Just listen to that one station that plays Disney music 24/7. I would be if it reached northeast Florida.

Philip's Phile, good. News Junkie, bad.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I feel like a lot of people now understand the baffling visceral rage a lot of rightists felt over Obama, where every little thing he did was somehow grating. Feels a little hypocritical after years of "drat, can't you guys find one single nice thing to say about Obama" but here we are.
I think for people who hated Obama viscerally it was either because they were far left of him and thus hated him for his policy decisions, or because he was black. I don't feel hypocritical in hating Trump.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Though I disagreed with Bush on most things, I didn't *hate* him on a visceral level. If he were a friend's old uncle I met at a party I'd probably have had a fine time chatting with him.

"Gee guys, cant you tell that both sides are just extremists and are actually exactly the same? You should be nice and exactly in the middle all the time like me."

Obama never threatened millions of Americans to be kicked out of the country because of the religion they practice or the country they came from.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am shocked that Payne has gone a week without making a cartoon, given that we had snow in January and thus global warming is a lie.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

420 Gank Mid posted:

"Gee guys, cant you tell that both sides are just extremists and are actually exactly the same? You should be nice and exactly in the middle all the time like me."

Obama never threatened millions of Americans to be kicked out of the country because of the religion they practice or the country they came from.

I don't hate Obama personally, actually I quite like him. He's charismatic and has a warm empathy for the kind of middle American he grew up around. But his real failure as president stem to the failure of liberalism as an ideology in general - the continuation of an imperial foreign policy, a rejection of politics and mass democracy in favor of fabled bipartisan consensus, coziness with finance, papering over the irreconcilable contradictions within capitalist democracy with tiny technocratic bandaids etc. Fascism is stems from these failures.

People probably won't learn anything though, they'll just post snarky memes about the dumb thing Trump said today, feel the high of righteous anger for 4 years, then nominate some inoffensive crook like Cory Booker.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Hawaii and Indonesia are "middle America" now?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

420 Gank Mid posted:

The concept of classification has broken down same as facts themselves so everything is everything now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
like trump knows who allende is

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Props to Sluka for a pretty accurate rendering of the very cool historical PPSh-41 Soviet submachinegun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPSh-41

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

420 Gank Mid posted:

He also spent a lot of time around his white grandparents from Kansas. And yea, "middle" America wasn't a reference to geography but to class.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Wow, this actual quote totally changes my perception of DJT!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mantis42 posted:

I don't hate Obama personally, actually I quite like him. He's charismatic and has a warm empathy for the kind of middle American he grew up around. But his real failure as president stem to the failure of liberalism as an ideology in general - the continuation of an imperial foreign policy, a rejection of politics and mass democracy in favor of fabled bipartisan consensus, coziness with finance, papering over the irreconcilable contradictions within capitalist democracy with tiny technocratic bandaids etc. Fascism is stems from these failures.

People probably won't learn anything though, they'll just post snarky memes about the dumb thing Trump said today, feel the high of righteous anger for 4 years, then nominate some inoffensive crook like Cory Booker.

So what should people do in your opinion?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

He also spent a lot of time around his white grandparents from Kansas. And yea, "middle" America wasn't a reference to geography but to class.

This guilt by association shtick is exactly why Ramirez and the McCoy's never stop harking on his education at a 'Madrassa' or having ever been in the same room as Bill Ayers.

Yes, Obama has had an interesting life filled with diverse people and spread out across multiple corners of the world. This is essentially the opposite of him being sheltered, or ideologically indoctrinated in a homogeneous environment for all of his early life.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pants Donkey posted:

I am shocked that Payne has gone a week without making a cartoon, given that we had snow in January and thus global warming is a lie.

He's just been racking his brains over how to turn it into a car metaphor.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Triskelli posted:

Keep it up you fucker, keep it up. When California secedes after Trump tries building his loving wall, Sessions tries to take away their weed, and who the gently caress knows tries to take away their water, we'll all have a god drat loving laugh at the loving McCoys.

Unfortunately, even this is Putin's evil plot-- Russia is funding secession groups like Yes California because it desperately wants to have this be the 90s but with the script flipped.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That wall is never getting built. Ryan is a fucker, but even he knows what a stupid, infeasible waste of money that would be.

It was delicious red meat for the racists, but Republicans are going to hope Trump is preoccupied with repealing the ACA and dismantling Obama's legacy and the whole issue is quietly forgotten. At best there will be some halfass wall built along a strip of Texas just to fool people into thinking they're working on it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

It's not an incredible cartoon, but it is a succinct explanation of what's going on with the subject, and deserves credit for that.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

When does Tinsley stop copy pasting the first two panels and changing the number/text and start making three panels comics full of copy pastes again

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

It was delicious red meat for the racists, but Republicans are going to hope Trump is preoccupied with repealing the ACA and dismantling Obama's legacy and the whole issue is quietly forgotten. At best there will be some halfass wall built along a strip of Texas just to fool people into thinking they're working on it.

I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to get -- at least a small stretch of wall so that Trump can have a campaign appearance in front of it in 2020.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

So what should people do in your opinion?

One of the issues that keeps coming up in the C-SPAM Democrats thread is that thanks to the DNC's neglect of a proper fifty-state strategy the Democratic bench is kind of thin at the moment. We'll just have to see who manages to raise their profile enough for a 2020 run and choose wisely; that's all we can really do at this point.

I'd still love Warren to run, naturally -- the excuse everyone used to use is "she's getting set up for a Harry Reid type career where she can do more good in the long run", but here it is 2017, we have President Trump, and they gave Reid's job to Schumer anyway, so gently caress it, I say Warren 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

420 Gank Mid posted:

That's because he's a Kenyan Muslim.

• Locked thread