Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1 2 Switch should have been a pack-in game ala Nintendoland and Wii Sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
new sonic trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8gnmaeWquE

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Master edition comes with a Switch carrying case. I haven't seen any mention of there being a WiiU equivalent. I'm guessing it's for Switch.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I preordered Zelda from best buy as well but I'm hoping we find out more about the eShop before then. I'd rather download it than buy a cart to be honest

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

Dolphin posted:

Yeah! gently caress that guy for not wanting to pay hundreds of dollars for obsolete hardware, he probably doesn't have a job!

As I said, new consoles have cost that much for two decades.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MyStereoHasMono posted:

As I said, new consoles have cost that much for two decades.
New consoles have been new hardware for decades.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dolphin posted:

Oh, you sweet summer child.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

SyRauk posted:

I went ahead and pre-ordered that one but is it the Switch Master version? http://www.gamestop.com/nes/games/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-wild-masters-edition/141917

Comes with a sword and other SE stuff

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh hey, the preorder went live at the Nintendo's official Russian retailer

Uh...

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

If you don't need a useless Zelda sword, the SE with the case is available for $79

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition - Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N224U9S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_JujEyb0QABWMC

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

Oh, you sweet summer child.
I too like Game of Thrones.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Where da pro controllers at?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm excited for all the new Nintendos (esp FE-Musou holy crap)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh hey, the preorder went live at the Nintendo's official Russian retailer

Uh...

That's a lot of py6

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Have the consoles sold out anywhere yet?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dolphin posted:

I want to frame this post and put it on my wall.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dolphin posted:

Literally never, consoles are old hardware by design

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Have the consoles sold out anywhere yet?

They "sold out" on best buy and walmart a couple times apparently. The multicolored switch is no longer listed on Gamestop.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Also, after the female character designs of Hyrule Warriors, I expect the Fire Emblem Warriors incarnation of Tharja to be clothed in tissue paper and dental floss.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lemming posted:

Literally never, consoles are old hardware by design
Absolutely, sure. Like yeah Sony and Microsoft's consoles aren't state of the art on release but they're not 8-10 years behind. Point is the switch is nearly a generation behind and priced at parity with the top of the line offerings from their competitors. So like, a bad deal.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

They "sold out" on best buy and walmart a couple times apparently. The multicolored switch is no longer listed on Gamestop.

I noticed the in store pickup options for BB dried up really fast. Can't believe I missed the pre order for the Master on amazon At least I got it on GS. The next week will be interesting, especially if all the pre-orders completely dry up for everything. Guessing the Master edition is going to be scalped at $300 plus. I hope the sword is as cool as the Trico statue.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love that the twitter leakers got literally nothing right.

I can't help but feel smug after being told "Nuh uh they've got sources why don't you believe them??"

Can't wait to get my order in at gamestop when I wake up and head on out :v:!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dolphin posted:

Absolutely, sure. Like yeah Sony and Microsoft's consoles aren't state of the art on release but they're not 8-10 years behind. Point is the switch is nearly a generation behind and priced at parity with the top of the line offerings from their competitors. So like, a bad deal.

do we even know what it's actual specs are because I have seen nothing that isn't a leak.

I've seen stuff like internal storage and the resolution of the console screen itself, but nothing about how powerful it is that isn't "HE TELL ME" level yet.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't help but feel smug after being told "Nuh uh they've got sources why don't you believe them??"

Except for everything, sure, but I know how much you outright despise them for whatever reason.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TFRazorsaw posted:

do we even know what it's actual specs are because I have seen nothing that isn't a leak.

Specs are:

720p screen
2 wii controllers with ice cubes inside

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Also, after the female character designs of Hyrule Warriors, I expect the Fire Emblem Warriors incarnation of Tharja to be clothed in tissue paper and dental floss.

Why would she wear less see through materials?

I haven't seen the presentation yet, but is this really in it?

That's hilarious.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

4chan is the place for leaks these days

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Infinitum posted:

1 2 Switch should have been a pack-in game ala Nintendoland and Wii Sports

I don't understand why it isn't. Nintendo must realise part of the huge success of the Wii as a platform was providing a free pack-in game that shows off all the new and unique features of the platform.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I heard that the switch doesn't have enough flops inside of it to have good games, can anyone confirm or deny?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dolphin posted:

The Switch isn't "8-10 years behind" either though

Like if you only consider tri count of course the Switch will look like a bad deal. It makes more sense if you consider the hardware that's not part of the SOC

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Just pre ordered Zelda special addition for the Wii U on Amazon, even though the picture shows the Switch stuff. Curious when that will update.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

NecroMonster posted:

I heard that the switch doesn't have enough flops inside of it to have good games, can anyone confirm or deny?

Nintendo's tried making flops before, they just don't sell

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the other thing is that there are several Nintendo studios that are working on games that we just don't know about. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't just tease them, but they're really stupid about "NO WE CANT ANNOUNCE STUFF THAT'S TOO FAR AWAY"

for example:

Retro: we know they're working on something (rumored to be a new IP). i don't think it's ARMS, which is listed on Nintendo's site as being developed by Nintendo internally
Game Freak: besides the rumored Pokemon Stars, they have an early access game on PC called Giga Wrecker
Intelligent Systems: was a very busy developer for 3DS. IPs they handle... Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Pushmo, Warioware, Codename STEAM.
HAL: You know they got some Kirby stuff brewin'
Good-Feel: Yoshi's Wooly World developer, has been doing StreetPass minigames to keep the lights on
Alphadream: Mario & Luigi RPG series, which will look fuckin dope in HD
Jupiter: Picross Picross Picross Picross Picross. They put out 9 picross games on 3DS alone. Can't wait for larger puzzles from the larger resolution. Gonna be good!!!
Skip Ltd: Art Style/Bit Generations developer, as well as Chibi Robo Zip Lash. also, GIFTPIA and Captain Rainbow, not that we'd know about them :/
Level 5: frequent Nintendo partner, already developing Lady Layton and Snack World for 3DS this year. No doubt prepping three thousand Yo-Kai Watch games.
syn Sophia: Style Savvy dev. you know you want to be a fashion queen
indieszero: this goofy-named dev handled NES Remix 1, 2, and Ultimate. They're also known for Retro Game Challenge, Electroplankton, and developed Theatrhythm for Square-Enix.
Platinum: let's face it, if Nintendo isn't going to bail them out then no one is.

like, there's so many divisions of Nintendo, and affiliates, and companies who have partnerships with Nintendo. the only way none of those dev houses are working on Switch games is if they're flat out defunct (which may happen to Platinum after Nier 2 :| )

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jan 13, 2017

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've seen stuff like internal storage and the resolution of the console screen itself, but nothing about how powerful it is that isn't "HE TELL ME" level yet.
Based on the pixels my guess is $50 Chinese tablet and a GeForce 4.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, the Master's Edition for Breath of the Wild is up on EB Games. It's $189AU, for the version with the Master Sword statue. We aren't getting the statue-free version.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

finally, it is their time to shine

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth TNT posted:

Why would she wear less see through materials?

I haven't seen the presentation yet, but is this really in it?

That's hilarious.
Forget everything I've said. Where can I still preorder?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The Switch isn't "8-10 years behind" either though

Like if you only consider tri count of course the Switch will look like a bad deal. It makes more sense if you consider the hardware that's not part of the SOC

I don't think there is a Wii U version. Everything mentioned the special edition has the Switch carrying case. I'm going to message Amazon about my order though. It says Switch on my order page but when I click it, it says WiiU and it also says March 13th. I think they are messing up their stuff.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dolphin posted:

Forget everything I've said. Where can I still preorder?

Big fan of feeling mysterious balls are we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NecroMonster posted:

Big fan of feeling mysterious balls are we?
No but I would like to have unwashed sex with the fat man in the demonstration.

• Locked thread