Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I get it's not all obvious torture and the like but it's still Hell. The fact that this is literally the exact psychologucal buttons to push makes that slow realization that it won't get better by itself much more traumatizing.

Tl;dr: This is the kind of hell I picture existing, not the fire and brimstone carnivals. What is wrong with me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dias posted:

...this is getting worse before it gets better, isn't it?

It's Hell, that's how it works down there.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Love the coloring and shading. How much longer does it take to plan and color these hell strips compared to earlier strips?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Dias posted:

At least half of this is true.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Ballz posted:

Love the coloring and shading. How much longer does it take to plan and color these hell strips compared to earlier strips?

Thank you very much! The coloring and shading take much longer than the earlier strips. The planning too. The very beginning was pretty much improvised with the ideas of "Aurora" and "The Talent Show" in the back of my head. I still do a bit of improvisation now during this arc, but it's sorta like... I've reached the point of no return and it's time to do all the things we set out to do.

The coloring and shading is improvised actually. It's a result of me just haphazardly tweaking levels and experimenting with brushes in Photoshop. I'm kinda learning new stuff as I make this series. Plus for the latest comics, my wife Grail has been sorta "quality control," helping make sure my comics look extra awesome. Plus she designs and draws extra stuff here and there such as a bunch of the random creatures in Hell (Trisssh's classmates, Bigamy/Big Me, the stabbing kids, etc). She also designed and drew The Verminous Matron, the thing that killed Tubsy and Poop.

I want the end of this series to be special. I may gently caress up here and there but hopefully in a "charming" way, haha. I hope you guys enjoy what's in store.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gobolatula posted:

Thank you very much! The coloring and shading take much longer than the earlier strips. The planning too. The very beginning was pretty much improvised with the ideas of "Aurora" and "The Talent Show" in the back of my head. I still do a bit of improvisation now during this arc, but it's sorta like... I've reached the point of no return and it's time to do all the things we set out to do.

The coloring and shading is improvised actually. It's a result of me just haphazardly tweaking levels and experimenting with brushes in Photoshop. I'm kinda learning new stuff as I make this series. Plus for the latest comics, my wife Grail has been sorta "quality control," helping make sure my comics look extra awesome. Plus she designs and draws extra stuff here and there such as a bunch of the random creatures in Hell (Trisssh's classmates, Bigamy/Big Me, the stabbing kids, etc). She also designed and drew The Verminous Matron, the thing that killed Tubsy and Poop.

I want the end of this series to be special. I may gently caress up here and there but hopefully in a "charming" way, haha. I hope you guys enjoy what's in store.

Please tell Grail I think she's doing a fantastic job and that The Verminous Matron (whom I thought at first was evil Aurora but is probably actually Pas's mom) has one of my favorite designs ever and that Bigamy/Big Me also looked great and so did the pink spider girl who insulted Trisssh.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gobolatula posted:

She also designed and drew The Verminous Matron, the thing that killed Tubsy and Poop.

can't believe she put herself in the comic by name like that

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

(whom I thought at first was evil Aurora but is probably actually Pas's mom)

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

We've seen hints of Aurora though (like the lightbulb in the apartment.) I'm doubting she's down for the count permanently.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

We've seen hints of Aurora though (like the lightbulb in the apartment.) I'm doubting she's down for the count permanently.

I have this feeling she will only show herself not to make a change, but simply to tell Pasqualo something. Something he's probably not going to want to hear :(

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Dias posted:

I think maybe things will get better, but only so they can get a really good running start at worst.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The entire planet has been destroyed so it's a net positive though.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Especially for Trisssh, her life was taking one hell of a weird turn before she died. Now she enjoys her old healthy hobbies of mass slaughter and maim-based sexual slavery, a happy ending. :unsmith:

e: I don't know if this was posted before, but holy poo poo The green=happiness thing has been going on for a while, drat!

e2: Gob please do not forget Peanut Head Elizabeth and her relationship with Shop Teacher Marine Mr Jones, I need closure on those lugs.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 12, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, in Hell you can't remember anyone who's perma-died, but people can still remember Aurora so that must mean she still exists in some way!

That's some good foreshadowing right there.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Or this is Pasq's personal hell where everyone is happy but him and he'll become more isolated as time goes on.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

If it was his personal hell Dad would be there

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Scaramouche posted:

If it was his personal hell Dad would be there

No, he loves his dad. I don't know why, or how, but he does and having his horrible father around would make him happy.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Pretty sure reuniting with Pasqualo would be his father's personal hell, in fact.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Does that mean Dad is in heaven.

What if he's never touched his dick. My fanfiction is that he was born in an experimental laboratory with robots that did all the dick-holding for him and he learned how to build his own robots so he could escape and pursue his own hopes and dreams

But robots aren't great at rolling on condoms and that's why Pasqualo happened.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Alopex posted:

But robots aren't great at rolling on condoms and that's why Pasqualo happened.

This is just nonsense. Obviously the condom rolling robot simply slept with Pasq's mom, which is why he's part robot.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
"What is my purpose?"
"You roll condoms onto dicks."
"...oh my god."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Slime posted:

"What is my purpose?"
"You roll condoms onto dicks."
"...oh my god."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7HmltUWXgs

edit: i mean that's probably the reference but rick and pasq's dad would be great pals

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Heads up, the comic updated just now! And hoo boy, it's full of ill portent.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

:ohdear:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I don't think we're going to be seeing them again.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
God damnit this comic is making me feel feelings again.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

We're not going to get a happy ending, are we?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
If that's really the end of Ally and the other school kids in the comic this last arc is going hurt for poor Pasq.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This comic uses color to convey mood and emotion really well.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
It's been a wild ride.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Geez...

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

There Bias Two posted:

We're not going to get a happy ending, are we?

good, it would really betray the mood of everything that came up until now

I maybe super wrong and I haven't listened to any podcast or anything else, but I'm pretty sure that this comic is a metaphor for crippling depression as much as it is a literal comic about a boy with depression, and there is no happy end in your own life when you constantly fret about dieing and not seeing your friends in the future and this stuff I'm typing too much words about right now

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I know I imply this a lot, Gob, but you're really good at what you do.

(I assume we're on an irregular-but-large-updates pace until the end now? Did you say something about it and I missed it?)

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I know I imply this a lot, Gob, but you're really good at what you do.

(I assume we're on an irregular-but-large-updates pace until the end now? Did you say something about it and I missed it?)

Thank you!

As for the update schedule, all the comics I have written so far are pretty long. So yeah. It's gonna be pretty irregular. Thank you for your patience!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I miss Bumbis already.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

alcharagia posted:

I miss Bumbis already.

I'm sure he'll show up again when they get to the next level of Hell.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Sometimes I like to go through the archives and remind myself that this comic was excellent from the word go.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mordja posted:

Sometimes I like to go through the archives and remind myself that this comic was excellent from the word go.

Was Lenny Dykstra killed in hell?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Today on It Hurts!: Piss.

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=463-carry-on

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
this is probably the greatest artistic achievement in human history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm proud of Pasq for his response