Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

He would make a good J. Jonah Jameson.

I can already picture it and it'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I believe the Watcher's rights are with Fox. Which is partly the reason they killed him off in the comics.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Looks like the GL Corps movie is going to have Hal Jordan and John Stewart in it.

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/12/gre...tm_content=Link

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Maybe the enchanting original fantasy drama is better than the paean to a product?

Did you watch Song of the Sea and the Lego Movie?

I did. The Lego Movie is leagues better.

And here's another opinion, the first movie The Secret of Kells was not that good. It just had good visuals.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I didn't see Song of the Sea but I like its poster better than I liked the entirety of the lego movie

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

pubic works project posted:

Looks like the GL Corps movie is going to have Hal Jordan and John Stewart in it.

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/12/gre...tm_content=Link

Not super thrilled that they're still obsessed with Hal Jordan, but hey, John Stewart. That's a pleasant surprise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zac Efron isn't available during the expected production time, so Kyle Rayner is out.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Zac Efrons body is too perfect to portray and superhero. Nobody can draw that good.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Dinklage should play Galactus.

This totally works I think but the rights will make that a nightmare of course.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Arist posted:

Not super thrilled that they're still obsessed with Hal Jordan, but hey, John Stewart. That's a pleasant surprise.

Yeah well I like Hal Jordan :colbert:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah you're gonna have to cite the comic man, that looks awesome

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Dreadful Death of John Denver

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

That would be awesome.

Seriously:

"I need pictures! Pictures of Spider-Man!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Tell me you don't have pictures of Spider-Man one more time!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Parker! Get me a big rear end coffee!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

Parker! Get me a big rear end coffee!

Why would he want an rear end coffee, even if it is a big one?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Kinda hoping Dinklage is a recast Pepper Potts and just says "Well, it's me, and I'm here, so get over it and move on."

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Dinklage as Uncle Ben please.

E: Uncle Ben, Herald of Galactus. Everyone wins!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Maybe they're trying to make their movies cheaper and cut down on special effects, and Dinklage will just be Paul Rudd when he's shrunk down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pubic works project posted:

Yeah well I like Hal Jordan :colbert:

It's just like me and you. Though John being there is awesome. There are rumors we'll be seeing other Earth GL, so Im hoping for Guy, Simon and Jessica.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm fine with Hal.

I think Barry is the true utterly bland DC character.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Hal, he had a lot on his plate for a while there.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Why not Guy? I would think he's a better foil.

For John. Screw Hal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because Guy is a cartoon and awful.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
There is not an eyeroll powerful enough for trying to insult a comicbook character by calling them a cartoon.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Dinklage is a decent actor who is weirdly overrated because of his stature and the wankfest over GoT. In fact nearly all the "fan favourite actors" (Sophie Turner, who nearly killed the X-Men franchise single-handedly, and Kit Harrington who makes Orlando Bloom look like Daniel Day Lewis) from GoT are loving tragic which is probably what makes a mediocre Dinklage seem great. The best thing Dinklage ever did by far was his role in Elf.

I say this as someone who loves GoT btw. But I would have zero problems if they randomly recast both Jon Snow and Sansa.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Never seen Station Agent, have you?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

kaesarsosei posted:

Dinklage is a decent actor who is weirdly overrated because of his stature and the wankfest over GoT. In fact nearly all the "fan favourite actors" (Sophie Turner, who nearly killed the X-Men franchise single-handedly, and Kit Harrington who makes Orlando Bloom look like Daniel Day Lewis) from GoT are loving tragic which is probably what makes a mediocre Dinklage seem great. The best thing Dinklage ever did by far was his role in Elf.

I say this as someone who loves GoT btw. But I would have zero problems if they randomly recast both Jon Snow and Sansa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXlRG73ciaA

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

kaesarsosei posted:

Sansa is doing just fine

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

kaesarsosei posted:

How did Turner kill the X-Men franchise? She and the other new kids barely did anything in Apocalypse. If anything, they cast a bunch of good actors in interesting roles and failed to utilize them. Hell the promotional clips and poo poo of the kids having fun was way more interesting than the actual movie.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nah Dinklage is a real loving good actor, actually

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

kaesarsosei posted:

Sophie Turner, who nearly killed the X-Men franchise single-handedly
I haven't even seen X:A and I know this can't possibly be true in any way.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Sophie Turner is really boring in Apocolypse, but she is like #59 on the priority list of problems with the movie.

And Dinklage is amazing. That guy is crazy.

GoT, Station Agent, and Elf are all you need to see.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Turner looks like a drag queen.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

GoT, Station Agent, and Elf are all you need to see.
And the episode of 30 Rock where he dates Liz and she accidentally keeps treating him like a toddler.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Maisie Williams reminds me of that horror movie with the orphan girl that turns out to be a 40 year old serial killer. Hard to believe she's 19.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kaesarsosei posted:

Jon Snow was the best part of Seventh Son (admittedly, a lovely, lovely movie, but one that also included Jeff Bridges). He had a lot of spark and energy.

Its so weird that that he bites it 15 mins in, to be replaced by the blandest of bland 20-something actors

EDIT: And you need to watch some Dinklage movies. Start with the Station Agent.

EDIT 2: Personally, I first noticed him in Nip/Tuck. Instant star quality.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 13, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhyno posted:

Thanks for saying something even dumber than "people only think dinklage is a good actor because he's a dwarf"

gently caress right off with that poo poo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I assumed Rhyno meant it as a good thing :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

I assumed Rhyno meant it as a good thing :shrug:

Lmao yeah women really appreciate it when I compliment them by saying they look like a drag queen.

• Locked thread