Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

But will they meet Teen Wolf?

Teen Wolf becomes a member of the Live Action Teen Titans, with Roy, Master of Flips and each week they'll face off against DeathStroke Slade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Cool. I loved the Crossover, so I am actually very happy to hear that.

I like the Arrow episode of the crossover. I did not care for the others at all really. It showed the constraints of trying to do too much while not having enough resources. The Arrow episode worked to that show's strength where the others tried punching way above their weight and came out looking worse for it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's in the new animated Justice League Dark movie, playing the same character, probably just rolled in some new lines while he was at it

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

X-O posted:

I like the Arrow episode of the crossover. I did not care for the others at all really. It showed the constraints of trying to do too much while not having enough resources. The Arrow episode worked to that show's strength where the others tried punching way above their weight and came out looking worse for it.
The Arrow episode was easily the best one, but kind of because it had the least to do with the crossover really. It was just a really nice 100th episode looking back on the series so far.

I enjoyed the crossover but it was kind of bad. What I enjoyed about it was seeing all the characters interact, the problem is that with the ensembles across 3 shows they had too many characters, even with basically dropping the non-important characters from other shows.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They should have made the musical the big 4-way crossover.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like how there was a lady with TWO TIMES the strength of a normal human and the ability to shoot MODERATE electrical discharges. And then Flash and Supergirl just beat the poo poo out of her.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/818543316786696192

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like the crossover bits where they mash up all the logos. I've liked them all in general but those bits get me unreasonably hyped up for what amounts to "hey, here's a bunch of things you like but all at once". And also all the bits where Diggle is amazed at the newest amazing thing.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Diggles responses were so much better than Felicity's lame rear end 'best team up ever' line.
It's like the writers are actively making us hate her.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I know they would never do it but it would be nice to have a crossover with Ollie, Barry, and Kara where it was just them interacting as their civilian selfs. Sometimes its hard to realize why Barry and Oliver (and Kara) are friends if this is the only time they see each other, you know?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So um... trying to get caught up on Season 4 since I heard that things have gotten much better.

I'm picking up where I left off, with Laurel's death.

How the heck does Malcolm fight with a hand? Didn't Oliver chop it off earlier?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
New arms come in a box of wheaties in the DCU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

So um... trying to get caught up on Season 4 since I heard that things have gotten much better.

I'm picking up where I left off, with Laurel's death.

How the heck does Malcolm fight with a hand? Didn't Oliver chop it off earlier?

A new hand (not sure if it's mechanical or supernatural) was part of his salary package when he joined up with hive.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Always go mechanical. The magic ones always come with a "But..."

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Always go mechanical. The magic ones always come with a "But..."

I'm sure Malcolm has seen Angel.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would think he'd like having a butt

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Finally caught up with season 4, after quitting last year thanks to Laurel's death. And maybe it was just my lowered expectations, but the remaining episodes were... good? certainly not dull. The underground city stuff was delightfully bonkers, Dahrk chewed more scenery, and there was at least real attempts at coherent arcs for everyone.

But drat, Laurel's death is still such a black mark on the show. Just totally unnecessary and pointless. Also totally degrading to her character to not even give her a great moment of sacrifice. she's just killed because Dahrk has a vendetta against Quentin.

Its like they saw all of their mistakes they made with Sara, atoned for them by bringing Sara back and giving her her own show - and then made the exact same mistake with Laurel.

Also, "Felicity is disabled no just kidding" is in contention with "ANCIENT CHINESE MAGIC HERBS" as the dumbest drat things the show has ever done.

About to start the latest season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Felicity's whole stint in the wheelchair would seem more meaningful if it was used to really launch the idea of Curtis as a real genius for inventing stuff like what let her walk. It would seem like the obvious course with them already teasing him inventing the T-Spheres and turning him into Mr. Terrific, but now even if/when they introduce them it will feel out of left field since Curtis hasn't been properly presented as this genius engineer the way they remind you that with Ray or Cisco.

Or maybe Arrow just can't figure out the sfx for the spheres. But drat them for teasing them if that's the case.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

I would think he'd like having a butt

You could bounce a fat chick on his husband's butt.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I feel like out of everybody, Curtis is the one they just don't know what to do with. He's supposed to be this medal-winning athlete but he's clumsy and unable to do most athletic things, besides unncessarily flip that one time the bunker got attacked last season. And he kinda seems like they want to make him tech-y, but he kinda isn't cause that's Felicity's job, and they can't quite figure out what to do about his costume, since it looks like garbage. It's like every thing about him is already filled by someone else doing that thing better. It's such a weird character, and I know nothing about Mr. Terrific from the comics, but I feel like this is a very poor representation of him, let alone any character. I'm hoping they'll figure out what to do with him soon because I want to like Curtis as sort of a new Ray, but it's just not working.

Narcissus1916 posted:

About to start the latest season.

I'm curious if coming straight off of S4 lessens the quality rise of S5 because I feel like the difference in quality between these two seasons is meteoric, but maybe that's just from coming off a below-average season after waiting 3 months. I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the episodes, though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
At the very least Curtis should be making all their new gear, they shouldn't still be farming that out to Cisco

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
His costume is mostly comic accurate. At least we have that.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Rhyno posted:

His costume is mostly comic accurate. At least we have that.

Right down to the blackface?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ApeHawk posted:

In the comics Mr Terrific has a black T on his face.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

ApeHawk posted:

It's really not "blackface," though?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think Curtis is "clumsy" so much as he's the one who clearly has no previous fighting experience. He's athletic and I think the fact that he can even keep up with Oliver, Diggle, and Dog theoretically shows that but they're all soldiers (of some kind of another) so it would be silly if he was their equal after a few months of training.

But yeah, it makes him look clumsy and awkward. By best guess is that this and the story with his husband wanting him out will lead to Curtis realizing he's of better use behind the scenes developing tech with Felicity. But for now he's just following Oliver's lead and trying to be a costumed vigilante because it seems like "the way".

He's a lovely Mr Terrific and that's disappointing as a fan of the character. But ah well.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Xealot posted:

It's really not "blackface," though?

Blacker face maybe?

As far as I picked up from the cartoons, Terrific kinda became their doctor, dealing with stuff that the rest of the League couldn't deal with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

From what I remember Terrific started as one of the "second generation recruits" of the Justice Society and eventually became their leader. He was a genius, an engineer who made stuff like the T-Spheres, and one of the team's doctors. He was in crazy good shape and could fight really well but it was more about the Spheres and him being like the tactical general of the team.

It was sort of a weird choice for Arrow since he's never going to lead Arrow's team or overtake him and the T-Spheres probably aren't practical for the show. A lot of the thing with Terrific that I remember was that the JSA was this mix of veteran old guys and inexperienced kids and Terrific rose from the latter to bridge the gap between the two. Plus there was this whole backstory subplot with him where his wife and daughter died tragically which not only motivated him but also made him deeply cynical and athiest, which then gets challenged by all the stuff the JSA encounter.

It just seems like a lot of character stuff that will never fit with Curtis so I'm left kind of thinking that Arrow probably just picked a random hero so they could throw in the T-Sphere easter eggs and didn't really anticipate how it would play a year or two later when he put on a costume.

I'm saying all this so I should say, I mostly like Curtis. He just happens to be portraying a character I liked back when I read comics and since they're not really doing much with that its left me a little cold.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So did this season somehow get a new stunt coordinator and/or a bigger budget? Because holy drat, these are the best fight scenes in years.

Just watched the stardust episode. Great googly moogly, that was fantastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Same team, but they listened to the criticism from last year and have dedicated more time to fights.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

As bullshit explanations go, that one isn't half bad.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
"The weirdest part is how you guys are reacting to this, like it's happened before." "The Lance sisters have a habit of coming back to life." "Wait, it HAS happened before? What?!"

Love the incredulous reaction, then checking DNA juuuuust to be sure because seriously, and of course its Earth-2 Laurel. Who somehow got loose without anyone noticing.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 26, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"Maybe she has an evil twin"

"Oh poo poo."

"You mean she has an evil twin?"

The recruits' reaction to the comic book bullshit will always be funny to me.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

The incredulous reactions to this bullshit really have been the best part. Especially Curtis just rolling with it by comparison.

Also pretty okay with Felicity telling the B-Team to shoot the gently caress out of Not-Laurel if she tries anything.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 26, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Is this the first time Ollie's learned that he's dead on Earth-2?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Is this the first time Ollie's learned that he's dead on Earth-2?

I think so, yeah.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Are they gonna have Wild Dog and Curtis get together? I totally got that vibe just now

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

A new canary? gently caress the heck?

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

howe_sam posted:

A new canary? gently caress the heck?

That was Talia Al-Ghul right? And they tried to shoehorn her into Ollie's past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Caper posted:

That was Talia Al-Ghul right? And they tried to shoehorn her into Ollie's past

Talia shot David Meunier in the flashback. The new lady with the canary powers is somebody else.

• Locked thread