Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Playstation 4 posted:

Hope you enjoy, wish I didn't think it'll fail, though.

I hope I enjoy too. I am fine if I do not, but hey, I was wrong about the PS4 and the WiiU and have loved them to bits! It's been a long time since I got a launch console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Gentleman Baller posted:

Where did you hear this bullshit from though?

Nintendos going full Bone Live Goa'uld this time.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
I was a bit worried about the brave new world of gaming it looked like we were heading towards so Im glad we have returned to normal now half the internet has gone back to predicting Nintendos demise.

Any day now!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
At the least it won't do as bad as the Wii U. I mean, they were able to communicate that it is actually a new system.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gotta say, I'm feeling a tiny bit of relief that Splatoon is in June. I didn't want to divide my time between it and Zelda.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hmm, lets see...

I bought a Wii U + Smash Bros bundle for 250 a couple of years back. The Switch will probably cost a hundred more after taxes. And apparently there aren't any bundled games available as of yet. Eh, pretty salty prices at the moment, but nothing that would keep me from getting Splatoon 2. I'll probably just get the new Zelda for the Wii U though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
280 for a Switch? Are Nintendo high or what, that's completely out of whack when the PS4 Pro isn't much more.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

WillWii-u pro controllers work with it?

The same Rayman game is pretty lol. And Mario Kart + a tiny bit of DLC. I can only imagine Smash Bros would be ported

As someone who initially laughed at the Wii-u I now own one and it's a pretty great system once it settled and got games. I wonder how much harder they will be to find and more expensive they'll become. Theres a huge backlog of games on the Wii-for someone to work through. Lots of great co-op ones, too.

Thankfully at least the online service but doesn't affect the Wii-u or 3DS

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's weird that Mario is in a realistic city and can spin dash.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Didn't watch the presentation, didn't read the thread, went on Youtube to watch the new Mario trailer and had to :derp: here to ask: Did anyone say "more like Super Mario 2006" yet?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Wheany posted:

Didn't watch the presentation, didn't read the thread, went on Youtube to watch the new Mario trailer and had to :derp: here to ask: Did anyone say "more like Super Mario 2006" yet?

Yes.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I've got a couple of hours until my morning radio shows start, so I'm going to watch the presentation, and then I'll be back to make fun of it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Got a pre-order in at Best Buy before I went to sleep, but I see they're still available while Amazon's are closed, which has me worried that they're just taking every pre order and are going to cancel a bunch.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Just an FYI: I preordered a switch via amazon. The funky neon blue and red joycons ones :)

This does not mean I will probate/ban people who want to make fun of the switch because I will own one. By all means be as funny/mean/sad about it as you want!!

Oh poo poo, when was that up? I only saw the gray ones in stock.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I haven't given a gently caress about Nintendo since the SNES, which I loved, and it was enticing enough for me to wake up early to try to reserve one. USB-C was a pleasant surprise. Having to pay for another online service was a bad surprise. As was 720p and battery life. Game selection for 2017 is pathetic, but that's expected. Wife would love playing Mario Kart with me, which makes it worth it on its own. And then maybe she'd stop calling the ps4 a nintendo.

Everyone else's negative reaction to the price is giving me pause, though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ugh of course Amazon struck in the dead of night and everything is sold out

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Modus Pwnens posted:

Oh poo poo, when was that up? I only saw the gray ones in stock.

I am on Amazon UK, so I might have gotten lucky.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

greatn posted:

Also weird that he's is actually from that city, but doesn't look like the other humans there. It's been a while since I payed attention, but Mario is still an Italian human plumber from Brooklyn, right?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm physically going to Gamestop in a few hours.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly if nintedo would assure me that they wont ratfuck the switch with another dedicated handheld then I would be less skittish with the thing. I need something portable, im going to be gone for a few months at around march, so it would be great there. Except you know only having one game to play thing

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

The Human Crouton posted:

Also weird that he's is actually from that city, but doesn't look like the other humans there.

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't make the other humans cartoonish like Mario. It just looks really strange.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly if nintedo would assure me that they wont ratfuck the switch with another dedicated handheld then I would be less skittish with the thing. I need something portable, im going to be gone for a few months at around march, so it would be great there. Except you know only having one game to play thing

Pretty sure there's no shortage of good 3DS and Vita games if you need something portable come March.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I wonder why they didn't announce Smash Bros Deluxe? Unless the Smash coming to the Switch is an entirely new sequel I guess?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Pretty sure there's no shortage of good 3DS and Vita games if you need something portable come March.

I have both. I rather take something newer, but I can always buy some titles Ive backlog for either of them instead. Which seems the more sensible thing to do given that there aint going to be poo poo internet wise there for a long time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there a confirmed launch title list yet or is Zelda just the only one we know of?

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Did u know you don't have to buy things at launch

Did you know I'm also allowed to be disappointed and to pee all over this loving thing

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You don't have to buy it.

This is the loving weakest way of saying "quit peeing on my nintendo toy it makes me feel bad"

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
Do I just go pre order it somewhere else or keep refreshing amazon to see if they get more preorders up? I know sometimes they end up getting more throughout the day or it could be days.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
E: DP

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Human Crouton posted:

Also weird that he's is actually from that city, but doesn't look like the other humans there. It's been a while since I payed attention, but Mario is still an Italian human plumber from Brooklyn, right?

Mushrooms do terrible things.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Forbidden Donut posted:

Do I just go pre order it somewhere else or keep refreshing amazon to see if they get more preorders up? I know sometimes they end up getting more throughout the day or it could be days.

GameStop has them available for preorder no issue

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I preordered one and will be happy if it turns out to be my $350 Zelda box

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tote up a bags posted:

I wonder why they didn't announce Smash Bros Deluxe? Unless the Smash coming to the Switch is an entirely new sequel I guess?

Smash Bros would take public interest away from Breath of the Wild. They aren't gonna say poo poo about a new Smash Bros until at least e3.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

greatn posted:

you never spin dashed irl? lamo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Looks like cnaadian pre-orders are all going live at 9AM on bestbuy, amazon, and i'm assuming wally world and ebgames

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wonder how many XB1s people bought for Scalebound. Or PS4s people bought for FFVIIR.

People will buy your console if they feel like games are coming out to it. If you have games show those loving games because keeping them a secret isn't doing you any favors.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"I'm glad Breath of the Wild is going to have lots of cut scenes."
-GameXplain guy

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there a confirmed launch title list yet or is Zelda just the only one we know of?

There's no definitive list of launch games yet, but Breath of the Wild; 1, 2 Switch; Super Bomberman R, and Just Dance appear to be the only notable launch games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

JordanKai posted:

There's no definitive list of launch games yet, but Breath of the Wild; 1, 2 Switch; Super Bomberman R, and Just Dance appear to be the only notable launch games.

Is Puyo Puyo x Tetris a launch game?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Why is the attribution inside the quote in the thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Jimmy Hats posted:

Looks like cnaadian pre-orders are all going live at 9AM on bestbuy, amazon, and i'm assuming wally world and ebgames

we have six time zones, you can't just say 9am. :rolleyes:

• Locked thread