Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

As long as ARMS characters appear in Mario Kart DLC, we're good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

this but unironically

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

So what does the dock do? Does it increase the resolution?

And is Zelda seriously the only AAA launch title?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Arms is not a launch game. It is scheduled for Spring 2017

I...I just got why this is the perfect release window for ARMS :stare:

anatomi posted:

Dock allows the Switch to go full power mode since it doesn't have to worry about battery life

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I placed my preorder on amazon UK, I got an email saying it's arriving March 3. I've never preordered anything off of Amazon, how does this usually work? Their site is now saying they've sold their allotment, does my email mean I'm certain to get it early March?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

anatomi posted:

yep and it's out on wii u the same day

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
It's nice of Nintendo to release Breath of the Wild on Wii U on the same day. It's like their version of Microsoft's E3 conference where they just straight up said, "Everything is also on Windows 10, so don't buy an Xbox."

Hopefully Mario Odyssey will be cool and make the system worth owning after launch.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 13, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

well why not posted:

I placed my preorder on amazon UK, I got an email saying it's arriving March 3. I've never preordered anything off of Amazon, how does this usually work? Their site is now saying they've sold their allotment, does my email mean I'm certain to get it early March?

Usually Amazon will ship their preorders in such a way to have packages arrive on release day

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I mean, I get people's complaints about the price, $300 is kind of a lot considering what else you can get for $50-100 more. You also need to keep in mind that this is like $50 cheaper than the Nvidia Shield tablet was at launch, and that thing was actually trash for gaming (though it was and is still a good general purpose tablet), and in the Switch's instance, you actually get a better hardware package what with the TV dock and the like.

I'm probably not going to buy one day one, but I'll more than likely be getting it eventually when they release the new SMT game because I love my apocalyptic demon pokemon games. There's a handful of other games I'll play on the system too, but nothing else big enough to bring me in on its own.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wii u sales prove there are at least 14 million willing jonestown cultists out there for nintendo

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 13, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So it's basically locked in? :hellyeah:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

anatomi posted:

Off the top of your head name the best launch titles of the PS4 and Xbone. I won't make you go back any further than that.

Most systems are lucky to launch with one good game, period. Always been the case, don't know why the gently caress people are surprised

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

well why not posted:

So it's basically locked in? :hellyeah:

yeah you made it!! congrats old bean!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mulva posted:

Off the top of your head name the best launch titles of the PS4 and Xbone. I won't make you go back any further than that.

Most systems are lucky to launch with one good game, period. Always been the case, don't know why the gently caress people are surprised

Most systems launch with more than one. :v:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Way too expensive. You can probably get a PS4 pro for that.

PS4 Pro is still €399.99
Standard PS4 is €299.99

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Knack V Zelda is a rough match up!

Jimmy Hats posted:

yeah you made it!! congrats old bean!!!

thanks! english pleasantries to you to

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

-330€ in Europe? (Probably even higher in Finland)
* And no game bundled in?!
- Monthly sub for their online (dreading to see how terrible it will be)
* Hey but you get free SNES/NES games for a month (and then lose them)
- $70 pro controller
- 2.5h-6h battery life
- lackluster launch line-up
- 32gb internal memory

Yeah. At this point I almost hope this kind of ridiculous pricing sinks them. Might consider it for 250€ or so, just for the idea of playing smash locally with my own screen with bunch of friends. I wonder if the pro controller has analogue triggers and whether wii u/wii pro controller would work on it. Rocket league as a local coop on Internet would be nice if it'd come to system - If the system had analogue triggers.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyways guys systems launch without a super sweet line up because they want to sell systems at a steady rate, rather than all at once, so they can produce at a steady rate, rather than needing to scramble to increase production (which costs $)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Please tell me more why Nintendo has no games and it's ok

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PS4 launched in 2013. I can't recall a single loving game I wanted to play for it until Shadow of Mordor, Inquisition, and Destiny came out i n late 2014. After that it was on to 2015 and 2016 and the system got so much momentum and probably will keep it up for the next 3 years. So in retrospect "launch with almost no new poo poo" is nothing new. Come Christmas once they've announced new poo poo at E3 and released Mario, this will be a buy for me.

ethanol posted:

because the PS4 also shipped with nothing exciting

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Mulva posted:

I dunno, I think it's kinda disappointing that the only must-have launch title is a port of a game that's been in development for ever. I would've expected to get something more. Zelda + MK8 at launch would've been a killer launch.

Edit: also sad that the Switch and it's insane amount of peripherals will be too expensive I. Europe. I think I'll just get a used Wii U.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 13, 2017

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It has analogue triggers.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Looking at other launch exclusives for recent consoles, BotW is probably going in the top 10% of launch titles. Might end up being the best, depends on how you feel about Forza basically.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

ethanol posted:

"Releasing with two good launch titles would sink Nintendo for sure and is not a good idea!" - lots of goons

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The system is clearly not ready for release. Half the features aren't even ready for launch. Such as friends and matchmaking. Recording video coming "at a later date". Two first party games at launch. Should have delayed it.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Dessel posted:

-330€ in Europe? (Probably even higher in Finland)
* And no game bundled in?!
- Monthly sub for their online (dreading to see how terrible it will be)
* Hey but you get free SNES/NES games for a month (and then lose them)
- $70 pro controller
- 2.5h-6h battery life
- lackluster launch line-up
- 32gb internal memory

Yeah. At this point I almost hope this kind of ridiculous pricing sinks them. Might consider it for 250€ or so, just for the idea of playing smash locally with my own screen with bunch of friends. I wonder if the pro controller has analogue triggers and whether wii u/wii pro controller would work on it. Rocket league as a local coop on Internet would be nice if it'd come to system - If the system had analogue triggers.

but the ice cubes

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Mulva posted:

As much as 6-ish games is really paltry for a launch line-up, Zelda and Bomberman alone make it better than any launch line-up in recent memory IMO. I can't remember the last time a console launched with two games that I genuinely thought were worth buying right out the gate. Xbox 360 with Condemned and PGR3 is a contender, but even that is kind of a stretch.

That's all subjective, though.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

If you're a forza nut then the Bone was perhaps worth it. PS4 had loving nothing at launch.

Zelda + Bomberman and Splatoon/Mario/MK8 coming soon after is a solid launch window. Can't wait to see what happens with Platinum / From Software in the next few months.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a preorder here. I already own a WiiU so I can just buy BotW for that instead of shelling out $500 CAD, but the most confusing part for me is why the 1,2, Switch game isn't a pack-in. If it were, I think that would really alleviate the price issue, but the fact they want almost full price for it is nuts.

I would actually really like 1,2, Switch because I think my wife and I could play it together and we could have friends over to play as well, but I'm not buying it on principle alone. I'm not paying more for the Wii Sports/Nintendo Land of the Switch, especially when some of the games will probably need a second set of JoyCons, which are yet another hundred bucks.

I also hope the Treehouse stream is on point, because that presentation was a poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't even remember what the PS4 had at launch. Knack and Killzone?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Battlefield 4 was popular

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

anatomi posted:

I would've expected to get something more.

Why?

What the gently caress has Nintendo ever done, or any other company, to make you expect more from this launch?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
dont forget Travis!!!!!!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

greatn posted:

The system is clearly not ready for release. Half the features aren't even ready for launch. Such as friends and matchmaking. Recording video coming "at a later date". Two first party games at launch. Should have delayed it.

I don't understand how they don't have at least most of the WiiU games worth owning ported and ready to go for launch.

Sakurazuka posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games#PlayStation_4

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Moe

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just pre-order now and if you decide you don't want it sell it on Ebay for a $200+ dollar profit when it launches.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

yeah and some dance poo poo

ethanol posted:

Battlefield 4 was popular

not exclusive and really, best on PC

Natron posted:

I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on a preorder here. I already own a WiiU so I can just buy BotW for that instead of shelling out $500 CAD, but the most confusing part for me is why the 1,2, Switch game isn't a pack-in. If it were, I think that would really alleviate the price issue, but the fact they want almost full price for it is nuts.

We kinda got spoiled with Wii Sports, that was a pretty big game for free. Amazing move by Nintendo, I wish they'd keep it going like that.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

I don't understand how they don't have at least most of the WiiU games worth owning ported and ready to go for launch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games#PlayStation_4

I'm kinda amazed that neither Sm4sh nor MK8 is not ready to go, honestly

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

well why not posted:

I'm kinda amazed that neither Sm4sh nor MK8 is not ready to go, honestly

Mortal Kombat vs DCU wasn't that great and I don't know why you all want it ported so badly for launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I DEMAND INJUSTICE

• Locked thread