Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Yo pick you gotta bold the juicy bits I'm paid by the hour here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Pick posted:

al gore
I mean but who hasn't been 12 and been to Rotten.com?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

On the one hand, ghosts aren't real, they'll lose money selling a murderhouse and keeping a non murderhouse, and it's literally a free house. On the other hand, man, they actually saw the murder scene in the murderhouse and knew the victim, that's pretty rough.

Still though if her husband is okay with it and it was his grandma, gently caress it, live in the murderhouse. Maybe redecorate it, avoid the colour red.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
That gore one reads like it was written backwards, why did he have to be so loving obtuse about everything?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Not from Reddit, but from SJ Merc News and I feel really fits the thread:

quote:

DEAR AMY: I am a 23-year-old woman who has been in a relationship with my boyfriend for four years. We currently live together and plan on getting married and having children.

We are perfect together and I couldn’t ask for a better partner.

His mother and I do not get along. From the very beginning of our relationship she has talked constantly about his exes. She will post pictures and tag them and invite them to family functions where her son and I are expected to attend.

For the past couple of years we have both told her that this makes me feel uncomfortable and that I won’t be going to these functions if an ex or multiple exes will be there.

The last family function was three months ago. I decided not to go because his ex accepted the invitation from his mother. My boyfriend decided he would not attend, either.

This caused a major uproar and his family is now accusing me of keeping their son and brother from them. I have decided I want nothing to do with them anymore.
Is it right for us to be upset about this? Am I being unreasonable or jealous?

My feelings are badly hurt and I can’t understand why they can’t let these exes go. Can my boyfriend and I still thrive in a relationship if there is a strain between me and his family?

Worried

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
wow, finally caught up on this thread. Autistic men should just loving kill themselves, huh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
With trains preferably.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

wow, finally caught up on this thread. Autistic ALL men should just loving kill themselves, huh.

Yes.

In unrelated news: hey Pick I found the guy who hit the misandry report button.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Yes.

In unrelated news: hey Pick I found the guy who hit the misandry report button.

lol was he upset users max out on an odd number of reports or could he calm himself down with some spinners and anime

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Uh, let me check real quick--

Cumslut1895 what is your stance on odd numbers, spinners, and animes?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tiny Deer posted:

Uh, let me check real quick--

Cumslut1895 what is your stance on odd numbers, spinners, and animes?

Is the odd number also a prime number?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I certainly don't think that anyone should kill themselves but I also don't think being an emotional black hole entitles you to a submissive sex slave

e: you can't hold this against me because I have no control over being not a doormat, I am naturally not a doormat so you have to let me not be a doormat to you

but this isn't aboot me :)

quote:

Me [28 M] accused my GF [28 F] of sabotaging her birth control. She wasn't. How do I make it up to her?Relationships
submitted 4 hours ago by throwbadaccusations

As the title suggests, I've been with my GF for about 7 months now and she's on the pill. I admit, I don't really know much about birth control, it's just something my GF have taken care of plus we're using condoms as well. Anyway, we were planning to go camping for a week starting this weekend and I noticed that my GF had thrown a strip of her birth control away with some pills still in them. I know she had to take them everyday. My friend who was with me at the time convinced me that she was sabotaging her birth control to "trap" me into getting pregnant. In hindsight, I shouldn't have listened to him. I couldn't figure out a reason why she didn't take the pills, they didn't seem expired or anything. To make things worse, I texted her about it and she didn't respond for hours and I messaged her about 5 times and called her twice in the space of about 3 hours with my accusations.

Finally when she did call me back, she to me to reach into the overnight bag and there was a strip of pills there that she has been taking. Also the "sugar pills" are white, and those are the ones she's thrown out, I can see that she's taking the different coloured ones which seem to be actual birth control stuff. She told me that she skipped the "sugar pills" and decided to keep going with the hormone ones this month so that she wouldn't get her period while we were camping because of the timing. We were camping old fashion, no toilets, in tents etc so now it makes sense she wanted to do that. I had no idea that there were sugar pills or that you could skip your period for a month. She blasted me for assuming that she wanted to "trap" me into anything. She pointed that she earns good money, we'd already talked about what to do with accidental pregnancies and that she's told me multiple times that she's focusing on her career right now and she wasn't interested in having kids at the moment. She also said crap about my friend - that he was an idiot, he couldn't get girls because he assumed all women were some baby crazed enemy and that he's toxic. She wanted to break up with me on the spot but I apologized over and over and asked her to at least come over and talk it out. She's agreed to talk but she's not keen on the camping trip. In the mean time, I've searching a lot about the pill and stuff and it totally makes sense to me. I was completely wrong.

TLDR: What do I do to apologize and make it up to her. I know I've screwed up big time. What can I do to make it up to her? I should have talked to her about it first instead of accusing her of trapping me. The more I think about it, the more I realize how out of line I was. She doesn't like flowers by way of apology so that's out. I have about 4 hours to figure something out.

Pick fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 13, 2017

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I certainly don't think that anyone should kill themselves but I also don't think being an emotional black hole entitles you to a submissive sex slave

e: you can't hold this against me because I have no control over being not a doormat, I am naturally not a doormat so you have to let me not be a doormat to you

but this isn't aboot me :)

Jesus loving Christ, men really need to educate themselves on birth control and other feminine issues. There was one I read where the dude was convinced that his gf cheated on him because she kept taking her BC while on a week long trip.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Nazzadan posted:

Update from Mormonbot, in the nofap subreddit
[23M]Boyfriend's addiction escalated into cheating, but I[24F] still want him to get better. How does one help a partner on hardmode?

she had another update where she went 90 days without flicking the bean and now orgasms with him from PIV, so I'm happy they worked it out I guess?

lol this is so weird

e:

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My Boyfriend [24] farted on my face [22] for Thanksgiving, and I don't know how to forgive him.

u/Jcuu13448d

We've been dating for 2 months now, and I told him I wanted to have something special for Thanksgiving because it's our first big holiday together. He promised that he'll give me something special, and when I asked what, he 'joked' that he'll fart on my face.

I took it as a joke and laughed about it.

Come the actual day, we're just play-fighting on the bed as we sometimes do. He caught me in a vice-like grip and I couldn't get away, and lo and behold, butt in my face, he farted. Then, he bent down and whispered in my ear, 'Happy Thanksgiving.' I went around telling everyone that's what he did, but no one would believe me! He's always going around acting like the good guy and ever too-polite. And now I'm the bad guy for trying to 'spread lies' about him.

Urghs. I'm not answering any of his text messages and I'm not if this is the final straw for us. I made it clear that I wanted a nice celebration or gift, and all I got was a smelly fart in my face. I can't stop crying about this. It's like he doesn't care.

Edit: To all those people saying that Thanksgiving gifts aren't a thing, well yes. It's usually dinner and food but we had an agreement. I spent a whole day making him cookies and what I got in return was this stunt which he's not taking seriously at all. Maybe I should have made that clear.
gently caress this thread is great

lazorexplosion fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 13, 2017

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

quote:

My [22F] roommate [21F] is trying to sublease her room to someone I have a restraining order against. Please help!

When I was a freshman in college a guy named Pete [21M] (name changed) began harassing me to date him. I refused over and over again and it ended with him ripping my shirt off at a party to try to touch my breasts. I filed a police report and Pete was found guilty of assault. I have a 1000 ft restraining order against Pete.

Fast forward to this week, and my roommate Shelly needs a subletter to take over for her while she studies abroad for the summer. She didn't know she was leaving until two weeks ago and has been looking for someone to take over since then. She found Pete on CL and asked me if I approved. I showed her my court documents but Shelly claims she can't find anyone else to take over and that I will "have to deal". We got into a heated argument and she just left the apartment.

This morning, Shelly texted me that Pete would be moving his stuff into the apartment today. I called the police, but Pete hasn't showed up yet so they can't do anything. Shelly also says she will be staying for the remainder of the week.

The lease says that she can move whoever she wants in without my permission (same goes for me), but there's still the issue of the restraining order. The landlord told me that it was between Shelly and me to figure out. We both have 1 year leases that expire in December with the same terms.

tl;dr: Roommate is trying to sublease our apartment to a man I have a restraining order against. She told me to deal with it. Landlord and cops haven't done anything about it.

quote:

After I made my Reddit post, Shelly was locked in her room for three hours. I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn't come out of the room. She left her room to get food, and just walked past me as if I didn't exist. Everyone who I called told me that until Pete actually showed up, no crime was being commited so I couldn't report it until then. I just sat by the door and window watching for Pete's car. This continued until early Saturday morning when Shelly woke up for her morning jog. I was still on lookout for Pete's car (I stayed up all night on the couch).

Shelly tried to sneak out past me, but I woke up and blocked the door. I needed an explanation for why I was being forced to stay up all night waiting to call the police on Pete when she knew that I had a restraining order against him. Shelly's explanation was that the restraining order doesn't matter to her, that she has dealt with 'unreasonable people' like me before, and that she has never listened to any restraining order before now, so why should she just for me? The more I listened, the sicker I felt. Shelly basically admitted to me that she is a oval office.

I told Shelly that she was a real piece of work and that I was going to maintain my watch for Pete and that I would contemplate taking legal action. She told me that whether I liked it or not, she was done looking for subletters and that it was my problem. I told her to get out and go for her jog and she left and came back a bit later and locked herself in her room again.

Sometime around noon, I had accidentally fallen asleep becaue I had been awake 36+ hours at that point. I woke up and saw Pete helping Shelly move her stuff into her car. I didn't see him in the apartment, but he was helping her in the parking lot. I immediately locked them both out and called the police. Shelly and Pete came to the door again and when Pete saw it was locked and when he saw me watching from the window, he blew up at Shelly. He started to ask her why I was in the apartment and why Shelly didn't tell him that I was the roommate. He demanded his money back and I could hear them screaming at each other through the door.

The cops showed up, handcuffed Pete and Shelly. I told them my story and Pete said he had text messages and emails to back himself up. The cops checked his phone, saw texts from Shelly saying along the lines that her roommate wouldn't care about x,y,z because he was a chill guy. Pete had posted his own ad looking for a male roommate. That's right, Shelly is a liar too. The cops released Pete because he had proof that he didn't know it was me (I'm okay with this because I saw the emails/texts too). Shelly was charged with disorderly conduct and her mom came to get her.

Sunday evening, Shelly and her Mom come back to the apartment to finish packing for her study abroad. Shelly made some snide remarks about me 'definitely going roommate hunting' to find her a subletter as I said I would. I ignored her. Shelly left for her plane this morning.

You know the good thing about separate leases? I am only liable for my rent, not hers. So I'm going to sit on my butt for the rest of the summer while she gets evicted for lack of rent payment. :)

tl;dr: Pete had no clue it was me, Shelly got arrested. She thinks I'll find a subletter, but I'm going to let her get evicted.

quote:

Shelly and I were not close friends. We were simply roommates with our own separate bedrooms and a connecting kitchen/living space. I have only known her since last December when we originally signed our leases. We have hung out, but the only real connection we had is that she likes anime/Japan and I am Asian.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Good for her

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

the only real connection we had is that she likes anime/Japan and I am Asian.

Oh honey, no....

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Yeah I'm keyword searching for anime, what of it

quote:

My (28F) friend (26F) pretends she is Japanese, is alienating everyone around her

Hello all and happy holidays.

My friend Cara has been obsessed with Japan and Japanese culture since we were in high school. She used to buy loads of candy from the local Asian corner stores and would watch lots of anime. Our friend group was very diverse and so no one thought too much of it. I just thought of it as a typical teenage phase like being emo or goth.

As we got older, however, Cara's behavior changed dramatically. She began to hang out with completely different people and reinvented herself to them. She started to tell people she was half Japanese and that her real dad lived in Japan. She said her caucasian father here was actually her step-dad and that her mom made her refer to him as her father because she wanted to erase any memory of Cara's "real" father. She majored in Japanese language in college. This was to "prepare for moving back to Japan" according to her. She had also begun to dye her hair black for years (insisting it was her natural color to anyone who met her) and wearing brown/black lenses. She also has legally changed her name to sound more Japanese.

She broke off contact with most friends who knew her from early on, and thus knew her and her family well. The few friends who she kept around eventually began to leave on their own because of her compulsive lying.

We were at a party recently with some of her new friends. When she was in another room, I overheard them talking about their recent trip to Japan with her. They were saying she was so embarassing and they felt awkward when she pointed out places she said she had gone to as a child. It seems they are just hanging out with her for a laugh.

Cara is an only child and very spoiled. She is used to getting her way often and is prone to tantrums. I don't think I necessarily want to remain her friend but I dont want her to continue down this path. I tried to talk to her about her lying, but she freaked out on me. She said I was crazy and that she really is half Japanese, and that Ive always been jealous of her because she looks exotic (she does not. she is plain faced, dirty blonde, and overweight).

She recently broke up with her boyfriend because he got too close to the truth about her. He tried to have dinner with her parents and Cara freaked out and told him he had no r ight to go behind her back. She actually went so far as to push him into a wall and yell at him. Shes been trying to tell everyone they broke up because he was talking to another girl, which is bullshit. Source? I was there, along with our friend Alex, in the basement when they were arguing.

Her parents have no clue about her behavior. She is careful to keep her friends away from family. She told them she studied Japanese because she wants to be a translator. I am considering perhaps writing them a letter because I am sincerely concerned for Cara. I think she needs therapy and need to face her lying.

Any advice on how to handle this?

TLDR; 100% caucasian friend pretends she is part japanese, compulsively lies to keep the story up. alienating her friends, and i think she needs help

I had a friend in highschool I'd known since elementary school pull this exact same poo poo. Except it was the mid 90s and anime wasn't big yet, so her thing was pretending to be Romani and affecting a really stupid eastern european accent. She was also a rich only child. In her defense this was 9th grade and she wasn't 26 drat years old, but I haven't heard from her since highschool, maybe she's still crazy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am actually impressed how crazy people can be and still apparently sort of function.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Much as that Pete guy obviously sucks rear end at least he had the good sense to see this woman and immediately try to NOPE out of the situation as fast as he could.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Next year I'm getting one of my relatives an expensive Thanksgiving present and then flipping the gently caress out on them for not having one in return. Who wants to join me?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LethalGeek posted:

Much as that Pete guy obviously sucks rear end at least he had the good sense to see this woman and immediately try to NOPE out of the situation as fast as he could.

Yeah I was expecting him to try and move in with a poo poo eating grin knowing exactly what he was doing but nope he got played too

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

LethalGeek posted:

Yeah, a rare success story where, at the very least, he understands how absolutely hosed he is if he acts in any other way

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Here's an emote that works as a response to most posts in this thread:

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Themata posted:

It can work for some goons too.
Anywho, /childfree redditor cannot compute:

Why do people have such issues with adults (especially non-parents) doing "kid" activities?

quote:

You see it all the time. Like if you're an adult and you play with Legos (and you're childfree), you're told to "grow up." Or people view you as immature if you play videogames and like anime/animated movies/TV shows or whatever. Why are you automatically viewed as immature when you enjoy doing things that are technically considered "kid" pastimes? Why do people think you have to give up the things you enjoy doing just b/c they're not considered adult enough? I don't get it. I don't want my adulthood to be boring.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Themata posted:

Did you make this? That is so awesome!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Did you make this? That is so awesome!

Thank you, I did! :) It was mostly inspired by Pick's constant "murder" responses, and as more goons also started saying the same, I thought it'd be cool to turn it into an emote.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
The problem with living in a murder house or a house with murdered people buried in the backyard is that nobody will come over and hang out with you once they find out.

Edit: Not joking. My moms house has like 30 people buried randomly in the woods in an unconsecrated graveyard. Nobody would ever come hang out at or spend the night with me.

almightyerin fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 13, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

By the way, every goon who posted "Ghosts aren't real" is missing the point. Trauma is real, traumatic memories are real. Would you really want to live in a place where walking through the wrong part of the house made you experience a PTSD-like reaction?

That's the reason you don't live there, not "ghosts" you loving goons.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
r/relationshipsRelationships

I [24F] invited my boyfriend [25M] to play with me in his favorite video game. Things got weird and verbally abusive. Now what?

u/nogamesthrowaway211d

My boyfriend of about 5years is a big gamer. I'm not. The last video game I played was probably Oregon Trail or something in grade school. He's always talking about how he wishes that I played video games so that he can "feel more connected to me". His ex was a "gamer girl", and he loved that about her.

Last night I had some free time so I decided to create an account and send him a request to play with me. I made my username a pretty specific inside joke between the two of us and sent him a flirty message (with another inside joke) asking him if he wanted to play. He didn't flirt back or anything, which struck me as kind of weird, but whatever. He's usually kind of a straight-to-the-point kind of guy over text/email, so it kind of made sense. He agreed to play as my "teammate" (if that's what you would call it).

Seeing as I've never really played a video game before, I was naturally pretty bad. We have a very lighthearted, jokey relationship, so I'd send him little funny "whoops, I hosed up" messages when I'd do something wrong. He didn't respond for the first few. At this point, I still think he knows it's me, so I figure he's just concentrating.

Then things took a weird turn. He started getting really, really verbally abusive. Saying horrible, largely misogynistic things to me. Calling me specific names that he has told me on several occasions that he would never use because they "sicken him". He even told me that he wished someone would "put me in my place" in explicitly violent terms.

It was freaking weird. I'm 100% convinced he didn't realize it was me, despite all of the obvious hints, so I know he wasn't intending to direct those insults at his girlfriend. But the nature of our inside joke that I used for my username made it kind of clear that I was a girl.

I just can't shake the fact that he would say these things to other human beings. He has specifically commented on how immature and stupid "keyboard warriors" are and how he'd never do that to another person. Many times. And he has always, always spoken out against violence toward women.

He hasn't brought anything up with me (because, again, I don't think he knew it was me), but how do I even begin to address this with him? Is my boyfriend a closet sexist? Can I believe anything he says anymore, since he explicitly told me he'd never do this kind of thing? How much of the last 5 years has been a lie? Help! I'm planning on talking to him when we each get home from work today.

tl;dr: My boyfriend played a game with me. I don't think he knew it was me, despite me trying to make it pretty obvious. I wasn't a good player, and he got really nasty/abusive/sexist on me, despite being outwardly against that kind of behavior. What now?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Don't date gamers

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Don't date gamers

I'll agree with this, in the sense of if someone actually calls themselves a "gamer" that is a big :redflag: or if they are otherwise obsessed with video games.

If you try to only date people who literally never play games, well, good luck with that.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I don't really get why you wouldn't just message him with "hey, it's (Girlfriend), I'm gonna try and learn this game, want to help?", or just talk to him out of game about it, but... still, so awful.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
r/relationshipsRelationships

My boyfriend (30M) plays video games all the time and refuses to let me (26F) join in because he thinks I suck.

u/Eeoni1y

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year. He spends the vast majority of his freetime playing video games--Xbox One, PS4, Steam, WoW, you name it.

I never was a gamer, but when we first started dating, I realized that some of the games looked pretty fun and that I wanted to give them a try. He let me play Portal 2 for about five minutes before he made me quit because he said I was "giving him a headache" because I couldn't steer (is that the right word?) very well, and I was jerking around the screen.

Ever since then, he refuses to let me play with him. He says I suck, and therefore would be no fun to play with. Now, I understand him not wanting me to play on a team or something. But why can't we just do a couch multiplayer game, just the two of us? I genuinely want to learn, but he refuses to teach me.

He tells me to learn on my own time, but quite frankly, I don't want to invest in a console because I'll be moving in with him in a few months, and then I will never have time to use it because he is always gaming. And I don't really want to play by myself. I did download Steam on my laptop and have been playing a few games, but he tells me it's no use, because it won't help me play console games.

It really sucks that he has a couple of female friends that come over and play with him, but he refuses to help me learn.

Since he's always playing without me I'm usually stuck reading or watching Netflix by myself.

We even got into a fight the other day. I asked him if he could teach me, and he refused again. So I told him I would get one of his friends to teach me. He freaked out and said I was trying to make him feel bad, like I was running to another guy for something he couldn't provide. The thing is, he can provide it; he just refuses to.

Do I just need to give up on asking him to play with me, or is he being selfish?

tl;dr: Boyfriend spends the majority of his free time playing video games. I want to join in so we can spend quality time together, but he refuses to play with me because he said I'm no good and it's not fun to play with me. Am I pestering him, or is he just being selfish?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

pshaw... your grandma was stabbed to death by your brother in this house? better call the ghostbusters!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
need help! My [29f] husband [32m] plays video games 3-4 nights a week and I feel ignored.

u/Shitty_throwaway071y

My husband and I have been together 14 years. They haven't always been the best, but I feel like the good outweighs the bad. We met when I was 14(he was 16), started dating when I was 15 and he was 17, and got pregnant with our first when I was 19 and he was 21. We also got married when I was 19 and he was 21.

I felt like maybe we had kids too young, we didn't always know what we were doing. A lot of the judgement we got from both sides of our family was pretty stressful for me. I'm very sensitive to other people and I get upset over these things easily. We both have issues with depression and I have anxiety / anger issues.

However, he is a very laid back individual and doesn't like confrontation. He uses video games to unwind namely, destiny. Just like any mmo(massive multiplayer online game), you have raids and quests to grind. So it's pretty time consuming. We have a busy life. We have 3 beautiful kids. He works and then spends maybe a half hour with me, then gets right into his raiding. He has no issues at all talking, hanging out with his friends but then wonders why I'm so upset. This has been going since last September. I told him as soon as it started bothering me because I like to have good communication with him. He chooses to ignore me. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way, I'm not sure.

I guess what bothers me is that he doesn't really ask about the kids. When I try to cuddle him he says I need to leave him alone. When I try to talk to him, he's too engrossed in his game. He usually falls asleep on the couch maybe 3-5 times a week so it's not like we are even sleeping in the same bed. I'm home with the kids all day, it's very isolating. He expects the house to be clean since I'm home all day. I'm depressed and lonely.

We have had fights about this before, and I have given him the ultimatum of me or the games(which I know is a bad idea) but I always back out. I'm so afraid if being alone with the kids, I'm so afraid he will try to take the kids away.

I had some pretty bad post partum depression with my last baby, who is only 11 months. He knows this. On our last fight he told me "no one feels sorry for me. No one feels sorry for someone who doesn't work and stays home". I guess I should just get a therapist but sometimes the depression is so debilitating.

I used to be addicted to video games myself, but I quit because it's just too time consuming with kids and trying to keep up with everything. I'm trying really hard to be patient but it's really not one of my strong suits.

Am I in the wrong here? Should I just deal with it? Help.

TL;DR my husband often ignores me to play with his online friends. I often feel depressed, lonely and ignored. We have three kids together, been married for ten years, together fourteen. Should I throw it all away or stay?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

al gore

i have never once met somebody who was into this kind of thing who didn't find it at least a little sexually stimulating, i think this qualifies as emotional cheating if nothing else

having said that I think it's pretty clear she's not cheating cheating and while sneaking around behind his back looking at and drawing gore porn is kind of a weird thing to do it's really only about as weird as what her husband is doing with her phone. and sending him the fake text? what the gently caress, dude. she was definitely not being the best partner but god drat, dude, it's one thing to accidentally see a text or something but digging through all of her communication apps so you can check all of their chat logs and sending decoy texts to try to catch her out is a little unhinged

Nooner posted:

Not from Reddit, but from SJ Merc News and I feel really fits the thread:

Not going to say this is necessarily the case but my family has ever only done this to two people - both of them were girlfriends of my brother, and both of them deserved it completely.

I mean, think about it. The family are conspiring against her trying to get her boyfriend to leave her and still inviting exes to family functions four years later. Why are they so desperate to be rid of her? In our cases, one girlfriend was openly disrespectful to both my mom and grandmother at multiple opportunities with very little prompting and the other one played weird mindgames with everyone all the time because she had untreated BPD (and no desire to ever get treatment) - she ended up being the lovely mother to my brother's three kids until CPS nearly took them away from her, lol

Malkof posted:

It can work for some goons too.
Anywho, /childfree redditor cannot compute:

Why do people have such issues with adults (especially non-parents) doing "kid" activities?

I sympathized this guy a little until he specifically cited the childfree thing and then i rolled my eyes because he both discredited himself and made people who choose not to have kids look like gigantic toddlers at the same time

we shouldn't stigmatize play among adults, it's positive for productivity and cognitive function. this nerd is probably the kind of guy who gets mad and throws a tantrum when the last tie fighter lego kit sells out to a child at toys r us, though, and he is a lot of the reason you can't really get away with playing with toys as an adult.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 13, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mirthless posted:

we shouldn't stigmatize play among adults, it's positive for productivity and cognitive function. this nerd is probably the kind of guy who gets mad and throws a tantrum when the last tie fighter lego kit sells out to a child at toys r us, though, and he is a lot of the reason you can't really get away with playing with toys as an adult.

You can get away with liking "kid things" as an adult though. You just have to be a well adjusted person and not have that be your whole personality defining thing.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My [23 F] boyfriend [24 M] is attracted to a video game character and it's creepy. Not sure what to do about this.

u/videogamebabeoverme1y

My bf and I have been together for 2 years. We met in college and have a pretty good relationship, we have plenty of fun together. He's a pretty serious gamer and although I like playing some games from time to time, I'm not really into the whole gamer culture.

He's been playing a particular game competitively since November. He goes to local tournaments and sometimes travels to different states to play in other tourneys. He also streams this game on his twitch channel almost every other day. I don't mind this too much. His life is pretty balanced between gaming, work, and household chores. Admittedly, I wish he spent a bit more time with me but I'm not starved for attention or anything like that. We do enjoy our relationship, and I respect how devoted he is to this game (it also helps that he wins some money in those tournaments!).

The problem is with one of the characters in the game. He started playing her as his main character around late May and he's been growing more and more obsessed with her. She's obviously a character intended to have high sex appeal- blonde, tight jumpsuit (although the costume he usually prefers is sports bra/underwear). He's been looking up fanart of the character (also that rule 34 poo poo) and always says stuff like "dude she is so hot" while he plays the game.

I've told him that it's getting weird and very creepy. He says that I'm looking too much into it, that it's just a game, etc. I told him that his obsession with her is making me uncomfortable but he pretty much dismissed my concerns.

I can't help but feel revolted by him when he plays the game. We went from having sex 4-5 times a week to 2 since he started becoming obsessed with her. I'm pretty sure he thinks of her while having sex with me and I feel so gross just writing this. He doesn't really let me play with him anymore since I "distract him from his training time with her". Seriously this is loving bizarre.

I've tried communicating this to him many times. He pretty much ignores me. I don't want to break up with him over this, but his unhealthy attraction to a fictional character is starting to frighten me. What should I do? Suggest therapy? Give him an ultimatum?

tl;dr: boyfriend has unhealthy obsession with sexy video game character. I'm very uncomfortable with this and don't know how to deal with this issue.

UPDATE- I talked to him about this for the last 10 minutes and it actually went really well. I told him very directly that his obsession with samus is unattractive, gross, and creepy. I told him I felt very uncomfortable with the incessant comments he makes about a fictional character's sex appeal. I told him he took his attraction to her way too overboard. And he actually agreed. He admitted it was creepy and weird. I told him I don't mind him playing with samus (from what I can tell she is one of the more highly ranked characters) but I'd like for him to tone down the comments, stay away from the rule 34 stuff, and just stop obsessing over her. He did something even better- he switched characters! Now his main character is luigi from mario bros. I doubt he's going to go crazy over luigi so we're all good now! Thanks reddit, have a nice weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Every time I start to think its the video games fault, I remember all of the other loving weird af poo poo in this thread and remember people are just giant loving idiots.