Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Same color as my tims

Is that a custom color or do they actually sell Benzes in Timb Orange?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The Switch being $300 is cool. I'll get one eventually if it actually has some games, and I'll definitely sit out the first cycle in case of build quality issues. The controller looks uncomfortable, too. My friend gave me his 3DS a few months ago but the games are all too expensive, like drat guy, these games are like five years old, c'mon. I've been playing Ocarina of Time again thanks to my secret santa though!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
It honestly looks like the same issue they had with WiiU, low storage and not a competitive price; a PS4 bundled with game goes for 300 bucks. So drat dumb, it's not like it even has a great battery life or a launch line-up.
edit:The european price tag is laughable too, 330?!

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 13, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Honest Thief posted:

It honestly looks like the same issue they had with WiiU, low storage and not a competitive price; a PS4 bundled with game goes for 300 bucks. So drat dumb, it's not like it even has a great battery life or a launch line-up.
edit:The european price tag is laughable too, 330?!

Lmao. I always underestimate the doomsayers.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The only worthwhile games platform is an emulator on your phone

Or a ps2

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Lmao. I always underestimate the doomsayers.

Yeah well, the WiiU was what it was. A portable with an estimated lifetime of three hours when playing Zelda for 300 bucks, with a payable online service, not up to snuff. But hey, SMT is on it, so I'll get one when they drop the price.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

Yeah well, the WiiU was what it was.

The Wii U didn't fail because it had low memory or was priced too high, dingus.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

wyoming posted:

Okay fine, you wrote 50 Shades of Dib.
But you're super wrong about exposition being the most important thing, especially since you seem to care about "good characters"

All I'm saying, don't galtse your audience.

Well if it works for BBC Sherlock......

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

The Wii U didn't fail because it had low memory or was priced too high, dingus.
It amounts to a lack of value when it was competing with similar priced hardware and better perfoming too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

It amounts to a lack of value when it was competing with similar priced hardware and better perfoming too.

When the Wii U came out it was competing with the 360.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Low storage is annoying tho

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CelticPredator posted:

Well look, I'll post the script tomorrow I guess. I mean if it's bad, I'll know what to fix, specifically instead of just going by instinct.

I know for a fact you can cut down the description/actions. But I don't really want too.

The chance of somebody reading your script at 120 pages is considerably higher than if it's at 160. If I open a script and it's longer than 120 my heart sinks. So you can have it at 160, but it's a self-indulgence. The pragmatic thing to do would be to cut it down, and keep a longer version for yourself containing the beats that you (and probably really only you) want to retain.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

When the Wii U came out it was competing with the 360.
With the next-gen consoles releasing just a year after, and on Switch's case it's already going against the PS4 and Xbox One going kinda strong. It's not dead on the water or anything, but it's looking like another typical Nintendo console. The whole gimmick this time looks way more appealing than the WiiU's tablet, but that price tag, coupled with other features, yeeeesh.

Honest Thief fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 13, 2017

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I Before E posted:

The only worthwhile games platform is an emulator on your phone

Or a ps2

Nintendo should develop an official game boy emulator for mobile/tablet. They could even include a huge bundle of games at the onset like they did with the NES classic.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
my House of Leaves script is 600+ pages but that's because most of those pages contain a single line, like "CRAZY GUY [leering at the camera]: hello?" and beat poetry like:
"
f
a
l
l
i
N
g
:aaa:"

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

[Ryan Gosling approaches the House (but it's not just a normal house, this house is made of...]: it's made of.... of Leaves

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Skwirl posted:

What would you come out about? not to put you on the spot but you only talk about dating girls and I assumed you were cisgendered dude.

I'm bisexual.

CPL593H posted:

He's bisexual.

This guy knows what's up.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

[Ryan Gosling approaches the House (but it's not just a normal house, this house is made of...]: it's made of.... of Leaves

Every time he says "house" they tint the film blue

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
No, Ryan, you ARE the house!

And then Ryan was leaves.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

House Of Leaves But Every Time There's An Obnoxious Formal Choice It Gets Faster

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
300 but every time there's slo-mo it gets faster.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Hat Thoughts posted:

Everyone is their avatar, factually.
My avatar actually does look a lot like me but really isn't me. Does your dad whine about how sexually convenient it is to be bisexual or other some such nonsense?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
No, just general stuff about faggots, I figure that's close enough though.

I'm probably gonna come out to my sisters, though I don't know how. I'm thinking confetti.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

[Ryan Gosling frantically attempting to start a leaf blower but it keeps stalling]

[the darkness approaches quickly, full of rage]

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

[Ryan Gosling frantically attempting to start a leaf blower but it keeps stalling]

[the darkness approaches quickly, full of rage]

If I was using my PC I'd photoshop evil dead to be R-Gos with a leaf blower hand.

Actually, he would be great in a horror comedy.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
"I'm so tired of...this House of Leaves!"

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

"LEAF MY FAMILY ALOOONE"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I got reminded by a jerk that Raida died, so here's a real cool but twerpy album he did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2TMWhW199o

Also i am excited for nintendo endorsing the idea that the mushroom kingdom is some nonsense some day labourer discovered in a manhattan toilet

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Yes. However, I am specifically referring to his many posts on the subject.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/650184561045995520

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Do you ever think about how one of your favorite works of art was also a favorite work of art by a killer? It's something that's wormed its way into my head after becoming obsessed with Eric Harris' favorite band, and thinking about how my second-favorite movie of all time was inspiration for the failed assassination of Reagan.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Do you ever think about how one of your favorite works of art was also a favorite work of art by a killer? It's something that's wormed its way into my head after becoming obsessed with Eric Harris' favorite band, and thinking about how my second-favorite movie of all time was inspiration for the failed assassination of Reagan.

Hitler's favorite movie is in my top 3

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

you and i, mister hitler, we are not so different afterall

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Hitler's favorite movie is in my top 3

Snow White?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I hand crafted a leather holster for the copy of Catcher In the Rye that I carry with me at all times.

So yeah, the thought has occurred to me.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Hey only one of those people is a killer.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You can't judge things by the people who liked them. I mean just because Hitler liked something doesn't automatically make it bad. Like for example meth, Nazism, or Disney films.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Switch has a bunch of dumb decisions already and Nintendo are pretty much putting all their console eggs in this basket so they can't afford to Nintendo it up this time.

That being said new 3D Mario means I'll preorder when I get paid tomorrow

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also, Night Mind's stuff on Alantutorial and Footage of a Bear were both good but This House Has People seemed sort of underwhelming especially given the amount of supplemental stuff there is to go with it. Like in the first two every frame seems to have meaning but in the latter there's just so much and so much less if it feels like it adds anything

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I was gonna say Metropolis, but actually I can't remember if that was his #1 favorite or not. I know him and Goebbels liked it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I was gonna say Metropolis, but actually I can't remember if that was his #1 favorite or not. I know him and Goebbels liked it a lot.

I know he also liked King Kong, but Snow White seems to be the one that keeps popping up on the google searches. I didn't know he (and Goebbels) liked Metropolis though. That's interesting.

I also need to rewatch Metropolis in the near future.

• Locked thread