Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Endorph posted:

i wouldn't want to live in dbz, id just be a normal human constantly dying and getting resurrected by the dragon balls

make me live in like, naruto, where anyone can be a ninja if they just train

To be fair, life as a normal person in most shounen anime would mean that at some point a glowing sphere of energy will vaporize you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Endorph posted:

Or you could pick like Ghost in the Shell and just buy super powers. Way easier than training.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

i wouldn't want to live in dbz, id just be a normal human constantly dying and getting resurrected by the dragon balls

You wouldn't train, though. The only remotely tolerable anime world is that of Tatami Galaxy, wherein I'm a boring background character or maybe the guy with the realdoll

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

You wouldn't train, though. The only remotely tolerable anime world is that of Tatami Galaxy, wherein I'm a boring background character or maybe the guy with the realdoll

maybe you'd get to be a cool blond hair blue eyed foreigner

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/819775980742901760

thanks capcom :confused:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
so maybe

Aggravated Sakura
Cautious Cammy
Spiteful Zangief
Hateful Hakan
and
Studious Nash

are the season 2 chars

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
usf2 is going to be better than sfv

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

I dunno man. This is still modern capcom we are talking about here, and now they've apparently got their hands on ST again.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SFV sales are that bad, huh, Capcom?

Countblanc posted:

Definitely but they'll still find a way to gently caress it up. I guarantee.

Wouldn't be surprised if they used SFVs rear end netcode. For example.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Jack Trades posted:

Definitely but they'll still find a way to gently caress it up. I guarantee.

They are doing a pretty good job right out of the gate, releasing it on hardware few fighting game players will purchase

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Enkmar posted:

They are doing a pretty good job right out of the gate, releasing it on hardware few fighting game players will purchase

What do you mean? This isn't the most perfect controller for SF2 ever?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

arent hori putting out a RAP for the switch??

the switch would honestly kinda own for competitive gaming if developers backed it, the main thing that often puts people off putting together FGC meetups/tournaments is the need for setups and w/ the switch everyone could just be carrying their own setup.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cat Machine posted:

arent hori putting out a RAP for the switch??

the switch would honestly kinda own for competitive gaming if developers backed it, the main thing that often puts people off putting together FGC meetups/tournaments is the need for setups and w/ the switch everyone could just be carrying their own setup.

Software

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

Are you talking about playing without a monitor? To my knowledge the portable unit only has the one USB-C port at the bottom that's inaccessible in the standing mode, and I doubt HORI would make a wireless stick. The dock has more USB ports, but if you're bringing that it's not really simpler than the current way of doing things.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Are you talking about playing without a monitor? To my knowledge the portable unit only has the one USB-C port at the bottom that's inaccessible in the standing mode, and I doubt HORI would make a wireless stick. The dock has more USB ports, but if you're bringing that it's not really simpler than the current way of doing things.

I was so close to making a joke about getting excited over rumors for a switch arcade stick, and here comes someone doing it for real

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Enkmar posted:

I was so close to making a joke about getting excited over rumors for a switch arcade stick, and here comes someone doing it for real

Oh, sorry about that. I thought the Switch RAP had been confirmed by HORI.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

it was

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh, sorry about that. I thought the Switch RAP had been confirmed by HORI.

They put out pics of it but it would have to be either wireless or docked only or else only one player could plug in and the screen would have to lay flat.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think I might be juuuuuuust about done with SFV. Started with Laura, who's still fun but simple. Went to FANG who was a lot of fun but seems to have lost something in S2. Alex is too much work and falls apart against balls out offense, I might stick it out for akuma but his life is too low for my slow rear end to adjust during a round.

I really want to stick it out with Alex but I can't anti air with him at all, I'm too slow on the draw or guessy with the aa knee move, I can't figure out wtf cr.hp beats out that it didn't before (definitely not Ryu's jumping hk). I love landing powerbombs and jumping headbutt grabs but again if I can't convince someone to block and/or hang back I get loving destroyed. Also not sure wtf to do on wake up other than block and then look for cr. jabs/mp's. Laura is a plus on block monster who can annoy anyone capable of blocking into blocking but Alex....yeesh.

Does f+hp work for you? I think it's a good AA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

so maybe

Aggravated Sakura
Cautious Cammy
Spiteful Zangief
Hateful Hakan
and
Studious Nash

are the season 2 chars

what about nice akuma and chill gill

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Woke Karin

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Slightly Peeved Dhalsim and Rhadamanthine F.A.N.G.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

it would have to be either wireless or docked only or else only one player could plug in and the screen would have to lay flat.

Right, and fightsticks are presumably made with tournaments in mind, where wireless controllers are typically (?) banned

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what about nice akuma and chill gill

Pleasant Sagat

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Horrny Hugo
Crestfallen Cammy
Adventurous Adon
Bitchmade Bison

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Fey Long

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Civilized Blanka

Kind Urien

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Flaming Apocalyptic Dee Jay of the Bat

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Russian Guile

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Flaming Apocalyptic Dee Jay of the Bat

Sad Dee Jay

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Keegers posted:

Russian Guile

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
iPad Dee Jay

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Gay Guy

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rehabilitated Cody
Graceful Balrog
Hippie Bison
Post-op Poison

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The sad thing is via Decapre, we've seen what a 'Psycho Power Cammy' could be.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

homeless veteran guile

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm still pushing Depressed Salarywoman Sakura

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Dias posted:

single mom sakura with 10 cats

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dias posted:

That is a good one, but it's also extremely good that the actual Sakura is a tragic twenty-something who either is still in high school or pretends to be due to quarter-life crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

pissdude posted:

single mom sakura with 10 cats

Ryu! What the gently caress!?