Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I think it's difficult to dislike Metropolis, no matter your ideology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hitler and Goebbels liked Metropolis so much that they were willing to overlook Lang being a Jewish subversive.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'm pretty sure the switch is going to succeed on the strength alone of launching with the Zelda title every kid who ever played ocarina of Time as a child wanted

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hitler liked salad and chocolate, and probably sex. It's best not to follow this train of thought too closely, but we do at least know that Eric Harris never had sex.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

You better be.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I think it's difficult to dislike Metropolis, no matter your ideology.

Which score, though?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Coffee And Pie posted:

No, just general stuff about faggots, I figure that's close enough though.

I'm probably gonna come out to my sisters, though I don't know how. I'm thinking confetti.

Get caught in bed with their boyfriends/husbands.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Hey weekly font, I really like your podcast. Fun topics, good guests, and lively discussion, so good poo poo all around.

Hey thanks! Not sure if you mean Now and Again Prime or the 2016 specials with all the goons on it (another one is coming Sunday), but either way, I appreciate the feedback. I feel like the best podcasts are just recording poo poo you would already be talking about. It's why We Hate Movies works where How Did This Get Made does not. Boogey's Nameless Cults does the same thing where it sounds like you're in on a discussion that is naturally occurring. With or without podcasting I find myself defending and talking about how much I love pop music and why it's important.

tl;dr the worst podcasts feel forced and who would listen to that poo poo?

Also I'm always open to having any of ya'll come through to talk pop for a silly amount of time whenever.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I know he also liked King Kong, but Snow White seems to be the one that keeps popping up on the google searches. I didn't know he (and Goebbels) liked Metropolis though. That's interesting.

I also need to rewatch Metropolis in the near future.

they loved it. hearing that the Nazi party was apeshit over Metropolis was Fritz Lang's big cue to get the gently caress out of Germany (his wife, who played Maria, also joined the Nazi party shortly after the movie came out, leading to their divorce).

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

weekly font posted:

I feel like the best podcasts are just recording poo poo you would already be talking about. It's why We Hate Movies works where How Did This Get Made does not. Boogey's Nameless Cults does the same thing where it sounds like you're in on a discussion that is naturally occurring.

this is literally why me and Dan made the podcast, because we end up having those kind of conversations every time we hang out anyway.

really pumped for the next episode, should be up next week.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Which score, though?

I'm pretty sure I've only seen the one with the restored original score

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So apparently they made a Marble Hornets movie already? I'm going to take a wild guess and say it probably was not very good.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm pretty sure I've only seen the one with the restored original score

For all I'm talking about how it's one of my favorite movies, I still haven't seen the fully restored 2 1/2 hour version, just the 2 hour Kino version from the early 2000s and the Moroder version.

I think the Moroder cut is kind of poo poo, honestly.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'm trying to pinpoint which version it is that I've seen. I'm fairly sure it was on Netflix sometime in 2010/11.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

I'm trying to pinpoint which version it is that I've seen. I'm fairly sure it was on Netflix sometime in 2010/11.
Pretty sure you're thinking of
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0119664/?ref_=m_ttfc_tt

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

they loved it. hearing that the Nazi party was apeshit over Metropolis was Fritz Lang's big cue to get the gently caress out of Germany (his wife, who played Maria, also joined the Nazi party shortly after the movie came out, leading to their divorce).
That must have been an awkward dinner conversation: "honey, you do know I am kinda jewey?"

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I think the Moroder cut is kind of poo poo, honestly.
Cool soundtrack though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKIxh7QOA8

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

If we're talking Moroder synth scores, I'm way more into Cat People

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The Moroder cut rules. I love when the score just gives way to an echoing flushing sound of water during the flooding scene, it was really stark and menacing.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 13, 2017

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I tend to get my timeless classics confused

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Jack Gladney posted:

Hitler liked salad and chocolate, and probably sex. It's best not to follow this train of thought too closely, but we do at least know that Eric Harris never had sex.

Eric Harris hosed a lot, he even hosed a 21 or 23 year old, Dylan was the depressed virgin.

More bad news for Boogz, CPL, and I; Hitler was a vegetarian.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

ah yes, much like myself, Eric Harris hosed a lot

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Federal investigation of the Chicago PD finds a pattern of excessive force, lethal and non-lethal.

Which closely syncs up with the investigation that I did awhile back, in which I was a human being living in and near Chicago while capable of basic loving observation and rational thought.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Coffee And Pie posted:

No, just general stuff about faggots, I figure that's close enough though.

I'm probably gonna come out to my sisters, though I don't know how. I'm thinking confetti.

You have to cut all the confetti in half first.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I thought M was the big reason he had to flee Germany.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Eric Harris hosed a lot, he even hosed a 21 or 23 year old, Dylan was the depressed virgin.

More bad news for Boogz, CPL, and I; Hitler was a vegetarian.

Hitler also liked dogs. Are we not supposed to like dogs now?

Slugworth posted:

Federal investigation of the Chicago PD finds a pattern of excessive force, lethal and non-lethal.

Which closely syncs up with the investigation that I did awhile back, in which I was a human being living in and near Chicago while capable of basic loving observation and rational thought.

I mean, isn't that what the Chicago PD is most famous for?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ah yes, much like myself, Eric Harris hosed a lot

Like a parking lot?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

CPL593H posted:

I thought M was the big reason he had to flee Germany.

According to Wikipedia the last straw was The testament of Dr. Mabuse getting banned by the nazi party, along with him realizing what way the wind was blowing.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Like a parking lot?

like a high school parking lot?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

like a high school parking lot?

That's what I love about these high school parking lots man...

Also, the FOP is saying the fed investigation was rushed, which I'm sure they expect to make us all sceptical of it. But really, I'm just like 'Man, you mean they were able to find all this poo poo in a rush? How bad would it have been if they'd had time to really dig in?'

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Slugworth posted:

That's what I love about these high school parking lots man...

Hey man, if there's lines on the pavement...

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

2017 might bring us the first ever picture of a black hole, brought to us by The Event Horizon Telescope :eyepop:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

2017 might bring us the first ever picture of a black hole, brought to us by The Event Horizon Telescope :eyepop:

quote:

At 25,000 light years away, that makes it a pinprick. From the surface of the Earth, Prof Ozel explained, it takes up about as much of the sky as a CD sitting on the moon.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Chicago has some of the most openly racist people I've ever met and I grew up in South Carolina

edit: well, the suburbs at least

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Liberate tuteme ex inferis

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Can't wait for all those HD pics of Sam Neill's bloody ballsack.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I hope the pictures are three-dimensional, so blind people will be able to share in this information. That way, we won't need eyes to see!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I really hope it isn't just a cosmic montage of all the embarrassing moments in my life, like me loving various parking lots. I'll have lots o 'splaining to do to the authorities. :ohdear:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

William Peter Blatty has died.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

morestuff posted:

Chicago has some of the most openly racist people I've ever met and I grew up in South Carolina

edit: well, the suburbs at least

Everything about Chicago encapsulated on one street. Bonus points for being narrated by Studs Terkel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HGhZDKfM-k

I grew up near 35th and Halsted, right in the heart of Bridgeport. My cousin is one of the kids playing in the hydrant at around the 20:00 mark. This is one of my favorite Chicago docs.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 13, 2017

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

weekly font posted:

Hey thanks! Not sure if you mean Now and Again Prime or the 2016 specials with all the goons on it (another one is coming Sunday), but either way, I appreciate the feedback. I feel like the best podcasts are just recording poo poo you would already be talking about. It's why We Hate Movies works where How Did This Get Made does not. Boogey's Nameless Cults does the same thing where it sounds like you're in on a discussion that is naturally occurring. With or without podcasting I find myself defending and talking about how much I love pop music and why it's important.

tl;dr the worst podcasts feel forced and who would listen to that poo poo?

Also I'm always open to having any of ya'll come through to talk pop for a silly amount of time whenever.

Both, actually! I listened to the special you posted a few days ago and now I'm going through the archive and it's really enjoyable.

I'd be happy to come on sometime buuut I actually have very very little knowledge of pop music so I dunno if the conversation would be that good from my end :(

E:

Timby posted:

drat that sucks

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Big shouts to the They Shoot Zombies list on YouTube.

yeah i need to compile those into a google doc

edit i did that thing, i need to trim out the bbcode and make it look pretty but it's there. here's a link if anyone wants it https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rZEhUEMRw6jFa6Hcaa9mccat2G7ZVyBPOIp5LLCJ9cg/edit?usp=sharing

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 13, 2017

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Timby posted:

https://twitter.com/JacobOller/status/819928267415285760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747