Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Selachian posted:

I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to get -- at least a small stretch of wall so that Trump can have a campaign appearance in front of it in 2020.

We already have that. They'll just go to the existing wall and claim they just built it. After all, who's going to call them on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pants Donkey posted:

That wall is never getting built. Ryan is a fucker, but even he knows what a stupid, infeasible waste of money that would be.

It was delicious red meat for the racists, but Republicans are going to hope Trump is preoccupied with repealing the ACA and dismantling Obama's legacy and the whole issue is quietly forgotten. At best there will be some halfass wall built along a strip of Texas just to fool people into thinking they're working on it.

On the one hand, this seems plausible; Trump is an incompetent piece of poo poo. On the other hand, this seems like the same kind of optimism that had us certain he wasn't going to win in the first place. :smith:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

I thought that was supposed to be Bannon on the left, sheesh

edit: have 'toons

Kirschen posted:

Benjamin Netanyahu has been accused of accepting gifts of expensive cigars for years from a Hollywood producer and businessman.
The reaction in Israel has been a sudden peak n the popularity of expensive cigars.
There have also been reports of secret meetings with Sunni Arab officials and representatives of African States.

All of this swirling together resulted in today's cartoon.

Labels: African States, Bibi, cigars, Netanyahu, Sunni Arabs

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Noice.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Answer the question! Will Putin notice Trump-sama?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Meat is meat. :unsmigghh:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

So JRRRRROSE!!! is capable of being critical towards Trump?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Go gently caress yourself Redpanels.

And go gently caress yourself too, Rob. Hypocritical rear end.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trump's win was a very personal loss for me. He is an exemplar of all the personality characteristics I would not want to see in a friend, coworker, boss, employee, or just someone on the street. I hate him on a personal, individual level in a way that I have never hated any politician I have seen before and would jump for joy if some giant symbol in America reflected my feelings.

I keep saying that if Trump worked for my company, HR would toss him out on his rear end in a week.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
he started at the top and worked the top down

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

D.N. Nation posted:

I keep saying that if Trump worked for my company, HR would toss him out on his rear end in a week.

Trump is the guy who is always gunning for a management position because he wants to feel someone beneath his feet but everyone knows he's a psychopath.

But since this is the darkest timeline he's born into wealth and gets to start at the top.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if there could be a news story so disgusting and horrible that JRROSE would take a significant amount of time off of doing political cartoons because he can't make it not clash with his persona. Like, I'm picturing months' worth of news cycles completely dominated by a Trump child molestation trial.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

He must have one of those whiskey sours umbrellas.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

21 Muns posted:

I wonder if there could be a news story so disgusting and horrible that JRROSE would take a significant amount of time off of doing political cartoons because he can't make it not clash with his persona. Like, I'm picturing months' worth of news cycles completely dominated by a Trump child molestation trial.

(drawing of a forlorn guy holding a huge newspaper with the headline "TRUMP MOLESTATION TRIAL ENTERS NINTH MONTH" and the subhead "TRUMP IS ACCUSED OF MOLESTING TWENTY CHILDREN OVER THE COURSE OF THREE DECADES")

"Wow, this is a trial on my patience!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Why do Conservatives have the lamest burns possible? I don't want to be a smug "Heh, Liberals are much smarter!" guy, but every Conservative comedian/cartoon has the lamest insults ever. "LOL BLACK DONG CIGARS LOL "

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Redpanels is just "people who arent white men shouldnt have rights because memes"

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Though I disagreed with Bush on most things, I didn't *hate* him on a visceral level. If he were a friend's old uncle I met at a party I'd probably have had a fine time chatting with him.

I feel like a lot of people now understand the baffling visceral rage a lot of rightists felt over Obama, where every little thing he did was somehow grating. Feels a little hypocritical after years of "drat, can't you guys find one single nice thing to say about Obama" but here we are.

Except the reasons people give for hating Obama, full on visceral hatred not just disagreement with, are either complete lies, totally irrational nonsense, or some combination of the two. The reasons people give for hating Trump are deeply rooted in reality.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

D.N. Nation posted:

(drawing of a forlorn guy holding a huge newspaper with the headline "TRUMP MOLESTATION TRIAL ENTERS NINTH MONTH" and the subhead "TRUMP IS ACCUSED OF MOLESTING TWENTY CHILDREN OVER THE COURSE OF THREE DECADES")

"Wow, this is a trial on my patience!"

Who's grinning?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Except the reasons people give for hating Obama, full on visceral hatred not just disagreement with, are either complete lies, totally irrational nonsense, or some combination of the two. The reasons people give for hating Trump are deeply rooted in reality.

Or more succinctly, the fear of Obama was that he was secretly plotting to do things like form liberal Marxist death squads and introduce Sharia Law. The fear of Trump is that he means and will do exactly what he says.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

OldTennisCourt posted:

Why do Conservatives have the lamest burns possible? I don't want to be a smug "Heh, Liberals are much smarter!" guy, but every Conservative comedian/cartoon has the lamest insults ever. "LOL BLACK DONG CIGARS LOL "

The same reason there's basically no conservative comedians: liberal humor is punching up or self-effacing, conservative "humor" is punching down. And that's only funny if you're a petty, spiteful idiot.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Okay Rob, I admit it. You made me smile and for once we have the same opinion on something, albeit in a horseshoe theory kind of way.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Schpyder posted:

The same reason there's basically no conservative comedians: liberal humor is punching up or self-effacing, conservative "humor" is punching down. And that's only funny if you're a petty, spiteful idiot.

They also like it when people they don't like get hurt. Nothing more funny then a man getting hit in the crotch with a football.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

War Wizard posted:

Nothing more funny then a man getting hit in the crotch with a football.

This is not untrue, but the conservative will always make sure you understand why he deserved to get hit in the crotch with a football.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

War Wizard posted:

They also like it when people they don't like get hurt. Nothing more funny then a man getting hit in the crotch with a football.

like you wouldn't laugh if someone kicked trump in the balls, don't pretend you're better then that

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mandatory lesbian posted:

like you wouldn't laugh if someone kicked trump in the balls, don't pretend you're better then that

Particularly if it were a 5 year old child.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This needs more love

Too easy

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 13, 2017

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Wow.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
No, that award goes to Trump every single year.

quote:

Yea, if by heart you mean an organ that has little to no upkeep, has very little activity and votes against their own interests.

Going to get real tired of this "They're the real Americans! Not like those hippie coasters" poo poo real quick.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 13, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Can we at least take back silent majority?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nato and Russia – The Kremlin has hit out at the biggest deployment of US troops in Europe since the end of the cold war, branding the arrival of troops and tanks in Poland as a threat to Russia’s national security"

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
God bless the :britain: cartoonists.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Oh go gently caress yourself, Payne!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

Wow, early contender for Worst Caricature 2017.

• Locked thread