Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Everyone's talking about the ear, but I just now noticed he's kinda cross-eyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
he does the cross eyed face when he's acting, he's a consummate professional. dunno about the ears tho, probably liver failure.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

dreezy posted:

I don't think about josh.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Where Mike's hands this video I need o check on his hand hue

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
An exclusive patreon preview for the Rogue One Plinkett. As with Force Awakens, he seems to go on a tangent about other movies first.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good, imo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

An exclusive patreon preview for the Rogue One Plinkett. As with Force Awakens, he seems to go on a tangent about other movies first.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever clicked on. If I can prevent anyone else from clicking on it, I will have done well this day.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

that's one of the cringiest things I've ever listened to, please don't tell me you made this.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

WampaLord posted:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever clicked on. If I can prevent anyone else from clicking on it, I will have done well this day.

No, it's good

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WampaLord posted:

a bone to pick posted:

that's one of the cringiest things I've ever listened to, please don't tell me you made this.

It's a Super Mecha Godzilla post.

Shinjobi posted:

Good, imo

Mr. F! posted:

No, it's good

Yeah.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Why have you subjected other people to it?

He's the dumbest gimmick ever, or he's real and is the World's Most Insufferable Film Student.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I haven't listened to it but is it made by one of those people that is super-jealous of RLM?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
^^^ I am actually a big fun. Those guys do their thing in Milwaukee, and it's cool.

WampaLord posted:

Why have you subjected other people to it?

He's the dumbest gimmick ever, or he's real and is the World's Most Insufferable Film Student.

He is wrong about pretty much everything ever, but he's fun to read, and it's fun to see people overreact to his drivel.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe I've finally been tricked into hearing a SMG post, I think I'm having an aneurysm.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

WampaLord posted:

Well you get a gold star from me.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

WampaLord posted:

Thank you friend, you have spared me a bit of suffering today.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can lie to yourself and try to forget it, but I see the numbers go up, you rubes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

You can lie to yourself and try to forget it, but I see the numbers go up, you rubes.

90% of people lurk a thread and never post in it.

I am glad I have saved at least 2 souls.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

WampaLord posted:

90% of people lurk a thread and never post in it.

I am glad I have saved at least 2 souls.

Three souls.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Wish i would have read your post first. Couldnt even understand his mushmouth for like the first ten seconds then I closed it.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

SMG has this weird obsession with the Christ mythos that seems to cloud his judgement about just about everything, from the bits of him that I have read. He seems to think that 'storytelling' is a big no-no as he feels it's used by charlatans to distract people from striving to be more Jesus-y.

Abandoning storytelling and just focusing on power fantasies mixed with forced, unearned moral righteousness is the way to his heart. See: BvS for example.

Still, he writes well enough and I'm not opposed to reading an analysis that I disagree with as long as there's some thought put into it, even if I think the thinking is way off base.

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 13, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
heres a secret: you can infuse any meaning into anything if you write enough words

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Do the one where he talks about how Star Wars is about how Sonic the Hedgehog doesn't gently caress.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

ashpanash posted:

SMG has this weird obsession with the Christ mythos that seems to cloud his judgement about just about everything, from the bits of him that I have read. He seems to think that 'storytelling' is a big no-no as he feels it's used by charlatans to distract people from striving to be more Jesus-y.

Abandoning storytelling and just focusing on power fantasies mixed with forced, unearned moral righteousness is the way to his heart. See: BvS for example.

Still, he writes well enough and I'm not opposed to reading an analysis that I disagree with as long as there's some thought put into it, even if I think the thinking is way off base.

gotta cite Zizek in there too

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FuturePastNow posted:

gotta cite Zizek in there too

"This, this says it all." Commandar Pikard of the Star Destroyer Millenial Falcoon

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PostNouveau posted:

Do the one where he talks about how Star Wars is about how Sonic the Hedgehog doesn't gently caress.

If you can find it. Now that I think about it, it was actually close to what Plinkett said about romance in TFA.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

If you can find it. Now that I think about it, it was actually close to what Plinkett said about romance in TFA.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That's nothing more than the Hedgehog/Prower phenomenon of ostensibly adult characters engaged in prolonged and intense bouts of presexual intimacy.

FN and Poe - despite being twenty- and thirty-somethings, respectively - are several steps behind Matthew Broderick's teen hacker in Wargames, who tentatively explores how it feels to take his shirt off in front of a girl.

For fans, the actual erotic appeal comes from the fact that Sonic The Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever. He achieves full satisfaction just by staring at you with his massive hypersensitive eyes, and passionately filling his rounded belly with chilidogs. Poe and FN, likewise, will never move beyond hugging and trying on eachothers' clothes. They have no need to.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Oh yes, that's the stuff.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, it's beautiful.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Can you all take this to a new thread in CineD or something? It's weird and it has nothing to do with RLM or ENDLESS TRASH!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
please the rlm thread is all I have.

I hope they do a commentary track for valentines day of a romantic comedy.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Instead of "gently caress you it's forever" they should just call it "gently caress you".

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury posted:

Instead of "gently caress you it's forever" they should just call it "gently caress you".

RLM: gently caress you, you gently caress.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

FedEx Mercury posted:

RedLetterMedia's new series: "gently caress You"

Wherein it's all Rogue One, all the time. Jack gets to wear his clown costume all he wants, The Wizard and Jay talk about the deeper meaning of film, and Mike hurls his empty beer bottles at printouts of the YouTube comments section.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Rogue One needed to be lambasted over and over again because Disney needs to be held responsible for making lovely Star Wars movies if 'the saga' is going to be such an undeservedly major part of our culture. There's no point in doing four straight videos about the next Transformers movie because no one gives a poo poo about the new Transformers movie, and it's never part of the broader cultural conversation.

If Star Wars stops being a major cultural institution then there's no need to keep this up. And hopefully, if they make lovely Rogue One-style movies every year, it *will* stop being an institution. And then we can all loving forget about Star Wars. We're not there yet.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ashpanash posted:

Disney needs to be held responsible for making lovely Star Wars movies

Cool, let me know when they make a lovely one and we can talk.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WampaLord posted:

Uhm. Uhhhhhhhm.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ashpanash posted:

Rogue One needed to be lambasted over and over again because Disney needs to be held responsible for making lovely Star Wars movies if 'the saga' is going to be such an undeservedly major part of our culture. There's no point in doing four straight videos about the next Transformers movie because no one gives a poo poo about the new Transformers movie, and it's never part of the broader cultural conversation.

If Star Wars stops being a major cultural institution then there's no need to keep this up. And hopefully, if they make lovely Rogue One-style movies every year, it *will* stop being an institution. And then we can all loving forget about Star Wars. We're not there yet.

You're going to be walking past cheap plastic poo poo with the words "STAR WARS" stamped on it until you die.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Based on a rating of Holiday Special to IV...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Can you all take this to a new thread in CineD or something?

Do not force this thread into the land where they love the smell of their own farts, please

• Locked thread