Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spoeank posted:

Mm hmm.

Mm hmm.

How many NFL teams does St. Louis have though

How many Super Bowl wins does St. Louis have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

That graffiti owns.

That tweet... loving hell

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AsInHowe posted:

LA: 2 teams, no rings
St. Louis: 0 teams, 1 ring

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
throwback thursday

:smith:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AsInHowe posted:

But how many empty NFL stadiums is St. Louis still paying for

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

gently caress Spanos :byewhore:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

LA: 2 teams, no rings
St. Louis: 0 teams, 1 ring

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Los_Angeles_Raiders_season

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:doh:

gently caress LA anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish Arlington would have told the Texas Rangers to eat poo poo on their new stadium that they don't deserve.:smith:

But yeah, I feel awful for SD fans but I'm happy for SD overall. It's a good thing they're losing a parasite.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

anybody hoping for goodell giving the lombardi to the patriots after ballghazi should watch rozelle giving the lombardi to al after al sued the league and won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV6DbL2KCBM

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Does anything think that Goodell actually has any sense of shame or pride at this point?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

Does anything think that Goodell actually has any sense of shame or pride at this point?

goodell is a glorified mannequin in a suit

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vertical Lime posted:

anybody hoping for goodell giving the lombardi to the patriots after ballghazi should watch rozelle giving the lombardi to al after al sued the league and won

I miss 80's commercials. Shorter and more entertaining

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alaois posted:

goodell is a glorified mannequin in a suit

Goodell makes Gary Bettmann look good.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Raku posted:

What I don't get is how stupid they are for letting this happen. Like... did they not see how empty the stadium was at the end of the Rams season? Did they think that was just because they didn't have a loving star player there like Phillip Rivers?

Both of these teams are going to move again within a decade.

London Rams, Glasgow Chargers

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The last major obstacle to the Raiders Vegas relocation has basically just been overcome. Goldman Sachs says they'll finance the stadium with or without third party support, so Adelson basically just lost his leverage.

RJ link

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Would that effectively be Goldman Sachs giving a giant rear end loan to the Davis family?

If so, I would imagine part of the repayment will be the stadium being Goldman Sachs Stadium/Field.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Vertical Lime posted:

I'm Ronald Reagan's prepared jokes

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Khalil Mack Official SachTM Dance.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Nail Rat posted:

Would that effectively be Goldman Sachs giving a giant rear end loan to the Davis family?

If so, I would imagine part of the repayment will be the stadium being Goldman Sachs Stadium/Field.

Ugh, that's terrible.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nail Rat posted:

:barf:

I hate corporate stadiums name that have absolutely nothing to with sports. Names like Heinz Field, Miller Park, or Busch Stadium are cool. Why? Well all three involve things at a game: ketchup or beer.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The last major obstacle to the Raiders Vegas relocation has basically just been overcome. Goldman Sachs says they'll finance the stadium with or without third party support, so Adelson basically just lost his leverage.

RJ link

gently caress Adelson.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If its just Sachs Fields, that's a pretty decent pun

Literally everybody on the planet hates GS, what do they get out of naming rights?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goldman Sachs knows what's actually valuable: they would sell the naming rights to someone else for what they actually love, money.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Goldman has worked as the lead financer on almost every stadium deal you can think of in either an advisory or underwriting role. They have a specialized Stadiums team nested inside of their investment banking division that has a near monopoly on it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If its just Sachs Fields, that's a pretty decent pun

Literally everybody on the planet hates GS, what do they get out of naming rights?

Goldman Sachs and the CIA were two of the biggest recruiters at my college...

evilweasel posted:

Goldman Sachs knows what's actually valuable: they would sell the naming rights to someone else for what they actually love, money.

This. They don't give a gently caress about naming rights for themselves. They're money first, if their reputation were an issue they wouldn't be so blatantly evil. It's almost respectable.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005
First off, gently caress Dean Spanos and gently caress the Chargers.

Props to the people and politicians of San Diego for not caving into the demands of an ungrateful billionaire.

I'm trying to look at the silver lining and hoping that this means that SDSU will finally get a chance to play in a real college football stadium and SD can eventually get a MLS team.

We'll see, overall it sucks but i'm sure it'll suck less once the dust settles and something positive happens.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

iospace posted:

:barf:

I hate corporate stadiums name that have absolutely nothing to with sports. Names like Heinz Field, Miller Park, or Busch Stadium are cool. Why? Well all three involve things at a game: ketchup or beer.

To be fair, it's kind of getting to the point you need to liquidate assets to go to an NFL game, so Goldman Sachs might be appropriate.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Lending against stadium construction seems pretty smart considering how much teams have been making from selling PSLs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

quote:

In an appearance on XTRA 1360 in San Diego, Rivers admitted to being “a little numb” and to having to “[hold] back tears a few times” during the interview, the 13-year veteran embraced his new place of business.

“I’m not gonna be there for 13 years but I’m gonna given ’em all I’ve got in the short time I have left,” Rivers said.

He said he will be “the same guy I’ve always been,” and that he hopes folks in San Diego will still look at him and say, “That’s our quarterback” in the same way his Alabama hometown still does.

He nevertheless admitted to being “excited” and “fired up” about playing in Los Angeles, even though it’s still not clear how excited or fired up L.A. is to have the Chargers.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I want to be a fly on the wall when mark Davis has a meeting with GS. Or better, to hear all the GS comments once mark leaves the room.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's ok guys the Chargers fixed the logo

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

a neat cape posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

they just dont loving get it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mmm yes, that logo took a year to create.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I heard that interview livery and you could tell Rivers was about to cry.

I got a little choked up listening to it

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

a neat cape posted:

You aren't kidding lol.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The blue is badly pixelated, like they blew it up from a thumbnail.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 13, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
There is no way that is real...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

There is no way that is real...

It's on their official twitter and Facebook page

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

chupacabraTERROR posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

they just dont loving get it
You would think that the Dallas Stars' Twitter trolling them would have clued them in on how lazy they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

It's on their official twitter and Facebook page

I'm at a loss...freaking :lol:

• Locked thread