Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah Zelda coming up on the Treehouse in like 4 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Lol at everyone waiting for Zelda on Amazon. You missed the boat, it was up in middle the night and it's gone.

Also lol at people who think it will run better on WiiU based on nothing but a terrible stream and a hopeful guess.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm trying to figure out what accessories to pick up with this. The main unit is going to come with a power supply, right? The A.C. adapter is just for taking it on the go? This feels like a dumb thing to ask but this is the company who released the new 3DS with nothing to power it.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Evil Badman posted:

You mean internals? Not really. The screen is same size as WiiU gamepad and maxes at 720p.
Nothing on Achievements
No mentioned price for online, only notable thing is getting a game for a month, but unlike PSN/XBL, losing it at end of month.

What exactly is implied by paid online? If I want to do online multiplayer with someone, I can't unless I have a subscription? (After the free trial period, of course)

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I just want to throw this out there: Consider March being an early release for the console, with an epic game finished. Really they could have waited until holiday 2017 for more games, but they know fans were desperate. Switch is going to blow Wii U out of the water. They have the right mindset on so many different aspects, including portable and creating custom controllers for the system.

Hey Reggie, thanks for coming in to take time out of your day to say hi.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

coffeecup posted:

What exactly is implied by paid online? If I want to do online multiplayer with someone, I can't unless I have a subscription? (After the free trial period, of course)

You'll need an online subscription to play online multiplayer.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Utnayan posted:

Hey Reggie, thanks for coming in to take time out of your day to say hi.

Do you keep clicking on this thread because you've confused it for the one in GBS?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Augus posted:

I'll probably buy the Switch once Mario's out, and then buy Zelda a second time for the hell of it

I'll definitely cop the Mario bundle once it gets announced

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

coffeecup posted:

Rip Splat2n.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I had a choice and I went with gray joycons.

I dislike the blue and pink together. If it was both blue or both pink I probably would of leaned towards a colored one but as is, naw.

I like the dual color look, and when they first showed the colors and having players using those colors, I was planning on getting them before they showed that you could just buy it that way.

One of the packs of Joycons they're showing on the Nintendo accessory site is the opposite color pack, so I'll probably get that plus another grip eventually, then I can either go for a matching set or the 2-color set. Maybe once they start selling refurbs like the Wii/Wii U stuff, I've gotten cheap Wiimotes that way.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

Lol at everyone waiting for Zelda on Amazon. You missed the boat, it was up in middle the night and it's gone.

Also lol at people who think it will run better on WiiU based on nothing but a terrible stream and a hopeful guess.

Where's the product page because I can't even find it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

coffeecup posted:

It's all spelled out on their website.

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

You have to pay for online gameplay. Each month you get to play a game but after the month you have to buy it.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coffeecup posted:

:yeah:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

J-Spot posted:

I'm trying to figure out what accessories to pick up with this. The main unit is going to come with a power supply, right? The A.C. adapter is just for taking it on the go? This feels like a dumb thing to ask but this is the company who released the new 3DS with nothing to power it.

Well, you will want to make sure to buy the $70 pro controller. And if you want to huddle around the 7" screen with 3 other people besides yourself, you will want to get two more joycon's for only $90.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's gone dude. It's over, there's nothing left to pre-order

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS6MO77/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wow that UI looks awful.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
That UI looks super sick and snappy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

My big concern is that the joycons, Arms, and 1, 2 Switch, look like they're from an entirely separate console than the rest of the stuff they're showing. It's a home console that becomes portable with high quality games, AND it's a tablet with advanced wiimotes for mini games. It's super disjointed, they're trying to have their cake and eat it too and the side effect is that the controllers are like $70.

Also makes for a nightmare to market. I am a longtime gamer and know more about tech stuff than most people, and this poo poo is super confusing. Imagine how a parent deciding what console to buy for their kids feels like

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

why isn't everyone sperging on what microsd card to get?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I was going to go all digital finally but that Zelda box art is so good.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

orphean posted:

Rip Splat2n.

:rip:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do you keep clicking on this thread because you've confused it for the one in GBS?

That quoted post had to be an obvious troll attempt knowing how bad this system launch information presentation has been. So I was trying to be tongue in cheek. With everything we know, it's pretty much common fact not to purchase this right now unless you do not have a Wii U to play the new Zelda on come 3/3. Or, like throwing money into a fire pit. It's one of the most universally panned console launches to date, and even dwarves the anti-consumer friendly nickle and diming and lack of value with services that Xbox One did before they did their 180, which we know Nintendo won't do. They will go down with the ship before they admit their 190 mistakes they made with this.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 13, 2017

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Noriko gets around, I've seen her doing translations for Capcom events and stuff too. Which questions why didn't they have her do the translation last night since she is quite good at it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

best buy has MASTER AND SPECIAL zeldas in stock, gogoogogoogogo

:siren:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

God this game looks good

And then you get kicked in the dick trying to paraglide onto a horse

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Utnayan posted:

That quoted post had to be an obvious troll attempt knowing how bad this system launch information presentation has been. So I was trying to be tongue in cheek. With everything we know, it's pretty much common fact not to purchase this right now unless you do not have a Wii U to play the new Zelda on come 3/3. Or, like throwing money into a fire pit.

Why are you calling other people out on troll posts.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Utnayan posted:

That quoted post had to be an obvious troll attempt knowing how bad this system launch information presentation has been. So I was trying to be tongue in cheek. With everything we know, it's pretty much common fact not to purchase this right now unless you do not have a Wii U to play the new Zelda on come 3/3. Or, like throwing money into a fire pit.
*in an extremely owned voice* its pretty much common fact

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

babypolis posted:

Also makes for a nightmare to market. I am a longtime gamer and know more about tech stuff than most people, and this poo poo is super confusing. Imagine how a parent deciding what console to buy for their kids feels like

I can't imagine any nongamer buying into motion mini games after they got their fill of Wii Sports, wasted money on a few other motion games that they played for like an hour each, then moved on like ten years ago.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

glassyalabolas posted:

best buy has zeldas in stock, gogoogogoogogo

:siren:

Everyone will shortly, there is no need to rush anywhere or go out or whatever. Just chill and pick it up casually any day from any store online or in person

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao that horse has a fat rear end

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

TVs Ian posted:

If you mean the regular edition and not one of the special editions, they put the preorders up last night and probably ran out. I got mine at like 1 AM.

drat. I figured they hadn't put it up yet considering it's just using giant Switch logos all over the page. Hopefully my 1:30am Best Buy pre-order is legit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love this fat pony.

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013

Utnayan posted:

What if I don't have a Wii U to play the new Zelda on AND don't like throwing money into a fire pit?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Everyone will shortly, there is no need to rush anywhere or go out or whatever. Just chill and pick it up casually any day from any store online or in person

people want the exclusive $120 edition that comes with a map of hyrule

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
I recommend watching the BotW lets play then otherwise firepit is assured.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Flumbooze posted:

What if I don't have a Wii U to play the new Zelda on AND don't like throwing money into a fire pit?

Buy a cheap wii u

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Cojawfee posted:

It's almost like Amazon periodically restocks preorders. Like how they just did so with the console today. First time using Amazon?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LionArcher posted:

How easy to get homebrew on? Like its pretty easy to get GameCube games on it? I'm thinking of the Rouge Squad games.

Incredibly; the only weird thing is needing a small SD card

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is amazing and hilarious and so Nintendo. Those bell ends.

• Locked thread