Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

This reminds me of the BBQ page in the SAS Wiki.

If I still lived in KC I'd go to McGonigle's. They smoke meat all day out front of the grocery store and all that goodness drips down in to their pit beans, which is a heart attack waiting to happen but may be the single greatest thing I've ever eaten.

Oh god...meat drippings on BBQ beans ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Why does the south serve bbq in Styrofoam all the time

That is biodegradable paper thank you very much.

Also this place is on the state line of Kansas and Missouri so quite literally the closest place to not being in the south while still being in the south.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FizFashizzle posted:

lol imagine eating beans with chili and feeling good about yourself

Why would I ear beans with chili? I eat chili with beans mixed in, and extra cumin.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im making some soup thats hopefully really spicy because its cold out (60 and cloudy). ive been pulverizing tortilla chips and adding it in recently, it gives this good roast corn flavor and thickens up the soup a bit

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

hifi posted:

its cold out (60 and cloudy)
lol

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

kiimo posted:

This reminds me of the BBQ page in the SAS Wiki.

If I still lived in KC I'd go to McGonigle's. They smoke meat all day out front of the grocery store and all that goodness drips down in to their pit beans, which is a heart attack waiting to happen but may be the single greatest thing I've ever eaten.

:heritage:

pulled pork with a vinegar based sauce with hush puppies and slaw this isn't even an argument

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

hifi posted:

im making some soup thats hopefully really spicy because its cold out (60 and cloudy). ive been pulverizing tortilla chips and adding it in recently, it gives this good roast corn flavor and thickens up the soup a bit

I understand, brother. Winter is a bitch this year. It's 55 and rainy and I don't know if I'll make it

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Ew, vinegar and slaw

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I understand, brother. Winter is a bitch this year. It's 55 and rainy and I don't know if I'll make it
Maybe you can move to LA.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

vinegar bbq sauce is the truth

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm going to make gorgonzola stuffed garlic puffs today. :unsmigghh:

hifi posted:

Tortilla sopa is the poo poo. :hfive: nice job.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Maybe you can move to LA.

I think it's cold there too

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FO AFC Divisional preview is pretty good: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/game-previews/2017/afc-divisional-round-playoff-preview-2017

https://zippy.gfycat.com/BleakFrenchIntermediateegret.webm

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I think it's cold there too

The sun is out today for the first time in a long time, the brutal winter is finally over.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

BBQ: vinegar
Chili: no beans
Meat: smoked
Pizza: New York
Hot dog: not a sandwich

BBQ: propane
Chili: tofu
Meat: fried
Pizza: Japanese
Hot dog: pastry

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

The sun is out today for the first time in a long time, the brutal winter is finally over.

Cloudy and -1 today.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
It's gonna be like 65 degrees in Atlanta tomorrow, lol. Indoor stadium anyway, though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I like that they're saying it's not that the patriots are some unstoppable force it's that the Texans suck

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

I like that they're saying it's not that the patriots are some unstoppable force it's that the Texans suck

That's pretty much where I fall on it. I'm still worried about the defense, and the offense is not quite as good as people just handwave it as being.

I mean, I still think they're probably the best team in the playoffs, but I don't think they should be a significant favorite against anyone left in the playoffs except the Texans.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah specially given how stacked the NFC is (in the playoffs).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm just hoping Clowney rocks Brady so hard he can't beat win the AFCCG.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Chichevache posted:

The Texans need to just blitz the poo poo out of Brady on every down.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Instead, he'll play with a broken leg, win the Superbowl in a cast, and strengthen his legacy even further.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Trent Green saying rumors of NFL trying to move Steelers/Chiefs to Sunday night because of the ice storm

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Trent Green saying rumors of NFL trying to move Steelers/Chiefs to Sunday night because of the ice storm

gently caress the nfl

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leon Einstein posted:

The Texans need to just blitz the poo poo out of Brady on every down.

Brady is very good at the blitz and just throws the ball within 2s normally. Teams that limit him tend to blitz rarely and drop a ton of guys into coverage to stop the midget squad.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/nflprguy/status/819997815199895552

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
vinegar based bbq really does rank among mankind's most awful crimes and hey look they moved the chiefs steelers game to 7pm probably for the best

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
So glad I have MLK Day off :hellyeah:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The league is just worried the stadium will look empty on tv with a 1 start time

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Chichevache posted:

If it's anyone it's Mckinney. That ILB rush will get to him, hopefully...

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

gently caress that. There's no way I can stay up that late here in Europe with the 8pm est start.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I live 2 counties west of the stadium and we're predicted to get an accumulation of anything from .10 to .50 inches of ice. That could be bad and really bad for anyone wanting to get there.

Easy to see why they moved the game. Probably would have been better to move it to monday and just have a rainy game but whatevs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

sportsgenius86 posted:

The league is just worried the stadium will look empty on tv with a 1 start time

Yeah the home field advantage would have been minimal at 1, ticket prices were pretty low. They also I believe have downgraded the ice storm today, although I don't live in KC and am just harvesting rumors from Twitter

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

nice for al and cris to be in their natural time of week one more time

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

One of the local meteorologists said the storm has slowed down so there are less days that it'll be freezing rain over this area. It's only supposed to freeze rain Sat Night and a decent amount of Sunday(temp permitting) instead of Friday, most of Saturday, and most of Sunday as they predicted during the week.

I was worried we'd have another 2002 or worse on our hands.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

blue squares posted:

gently caress the nfl

This seems like a strange thing to be out on a ledge about

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Athanatos posted:

He's just mad that the Cowboys are now in the opening act

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ticket prices are jumping back up

should've bought some endzone tickets at 60 bucks earlier today and then been able to resell the old ones to cover them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Athanatos posted:

I thought it was a Saturday game and they were moving it a day later. Oops. So actually I don't care

• Locked thread