Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

s.i.r.e. posted:

Shawty in the middle with the mic has a nice rack tho.

The dude kneeling? Yeah he definitely has moobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Except they hate Youtube and the free publicity it could provide. They literally waged a crusade against let's players. Nintendo is stupid as gently caress.

I bet they have a huge boner for Niconico then?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Also whats Snipperclips price? The treehouse demo wowed me

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

babypolis posted:

is your nephew autistic or retarded

wow

just wow

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich

babypolis posted:

Both!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Honestly, I'm disappointed in 1-2-Switch but it's the only thing they showed off that doesn't look solid.

The launch isn't mind blowing, but solid.

That's enough for me.

Agree. People always rag on Nintendo's launch lineups even though they're still always better than Xbox and Playstation ones.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I know Nintendo never cares about it but I want to know about app support

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is why I told you to wait until launch to make the new thread.

You were right

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Also whats Snipperclips price? The treehouse demo wowed me

$20! Looks pretty great!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What kills me is that Sony and Microsoft figured out years ago to pad the post-launch release schedule with rereleases. Nintendo hasn't, despite having a much deeper back catalog and a much more receptive audience

Imagine last night's Switch presentation, same price, same release schedule, but also with stuff like, a 2D Metroid collection. All three Pikmin games on one Switch Cart. Skyward Sword for Switch, now without waggle!

The PS4 got poo poo for having so many rereleases, the Switch getting a ton of rereleases would have been a huge selling point.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

I know Nintendo never cares about it but I want to know about app support

half the OS is an app on your phone, does that count

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

babypolis posted:

Nice.

I'm pretty sure all of the games in 1, 2 Switch are phallic because you're sucking Nintendo dick as they laugh it all the way to the bank with any purchases made from the game.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

simulating lovely farming chores: its what kids love!!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

devtesla posted:

$20! Looks pretty great!

Is it physical or digital?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Agree. People always rag on Nintendo's launch lineups even though they're still always better than Xbox and Playstation ones.

Comparing them, the best game of PS4's launch was Resogun, and of all the things that weren't exclusive, only AC4 looked like an improvement on its past gen counterparts.

Switch BOTW is very clearly the definitive version.

But it's moot. PS4's launch was a success not because of the games but the marketing. That's what's gonna make or break the Switch, and they need to put energy into making sure what it is is understood by the public more than anything.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

if you think about it these minigames are preparing the next generation for the coming post apocalyptic dystopia

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are preorders going to keep being available every day up until launch? Or just periodically through today?

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Should've launched with Farming Simulator, FIFA and Minecraft if they wanted to actualky make money I guess.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

What kills me is that Sony and Microsoft figured out years ago to pad the post-launch release schedule with rereleases. Nintendo hasn't, despite having a much deeper back catalog and a much more receptive audience

Imagine last night's Switch presentation, same price, same release schedule, but also with stuff like, a 2D Metroid collection. All three Pikmin games on one Switch Cart. Skyward Sword for Switch, now without waggle!

The PS4 got poo poo for having so many rereleases, the Switch getting a ton of rereleases would have been a huge selling point.

SS sans waggle would be the opposite of an easy port. They'd have to rejigger a not insignificant portion of that game from the ground up.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RCarr posted:

Are preorders going to keep being available every day up until launch? Or just periodically through today?

No one knows, they'll probably just keep throwing them up if they don't sell out their allotment today.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Skyward sword without motion controls would a really major change. The whole combat system is built around it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Skyward Sword for Switch, now without waggle!

Skyward Sword had perfect controls.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is it physical or digital?

Looks digital.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yeah I'm hoping to pre order on Amazon if possible and cancel my Best Buy pre order. Not sure I trust BB to ship this thing to me on time.

Edit: What is the Amazon link I should keep refreshing for US, boys?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TFRazorsaw posted:

SS sans waggle would be the opposite of an easy port. They'd have to rejigger a not insignificant portion of that game from the ground up.

Modders have already done this with standard controllers on the Dolphin emulator, it would be a non-issue for Nintendo.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

Modders have already done this with standard controllers on the Dolphin emulator, it would be a non-issue for Nintendo.

how well does it play because that sounds really awkward.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

And the game plays like garbage with those mods

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Andrast posted:

And the game plays like garbage with those mods

I haven't gotten to try them, how are they garbage?

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
If folks are still trying to preorder keep an eye on this website:

https://www.nowinstock.net

It'll tell you by the minute who has stock available on just about anything that has limited availability.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Is there a listing partial or otherwise of Switch launch games? I know Zelda, that 1-2 minigame thing, and I think bomberman?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there a listing partial or otherwise of Switch launch games? I know Zelda, that 1-2 minigame thing, and I think bomberman?

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
I would love to go back in time and show some poor man or woman living in the dust bowl that in the future people would pay hundreds of dollars to eat virtual sandwiches and milk virtual cows.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

CubsWoo posted:

helpful image

Ah alright thank you. So I guess if I am not a Zelda guy not much reason to get this day one.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Handy, thank you.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I still find it hard to believe that Rime will actually come out for anything

also that image is missing Shovel Knight Treasure Trove (spring) and Yooka-Laylee

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Holy poo poo so if I want to play mario kart online with the switch I would have to pay some kind of monthly fee?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think that image is for Europe, here's NoA's

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819999478577057793

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Zelda, that 1-2 minigame thing, and bomberman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How is Has-Been Heroes not in the launch day lineup? Isn't it included with the "Starter Bundles?" This is confusing.

• Locked thread