Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can't wait to hear what the Montgomery Biscuits have to say about this turn of events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm starting to think that the Chargers might be a poorly run franchise.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
They responded to the logo backlash by changing the colors oh my god I'm dying help me

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
How dense do you have to be to look at the reaction to the logo and think a palette swap would fix the issue? This is just remarkable.

Edit: I suppose a lazy first effort deserves an even lazier second.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

a neat cape posted:

It's ok guys the Chargers fixed the logo

It's real, holy poo poo! :stare:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
You know that part in movies/tv where someone views something horrific and puts their hand over their mouth and you think...nobody ever does that for real.

I just did that at the color swap.

There is no way they looked at the backlash and went "Oh, the colors are the Dodger colors, that's what everyone is on about." I cant imagine someone doing that.

It has to be a money thing right? "We spent 2 billion dollars designing this...cant give it up now...flip some colors to those powdered blue!"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

a neat cape posted:

a neat cape posted:

It's on their official twitter and Facebook page

Darth Brooks posted:

The blue is badly pixelated, like they blew it up from a thumbnail.
Hahaha I thought the quality loss was due to you rehosting the image.. but nope.. that's it, on their official pages, poo poo quality and all. :lol: this continues to get better and better

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Spanos himself is doing the graphic design.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
If they had led with that logo coloring the reaction would have been softer but it's still a bad, lazy design

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I hope they update the logo every day until its eventually an angry animal version of the LA logo with a thunderbolt and flames

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

you know I didn't think the Chargers would be able to handle something more poorly then the Joey Bosa contract.

Well played Chargers.

Wait, I mean, not well played.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

At the very least they should have done this:

To have the blue be so bad shows that it was a rush job, a knee jerk reaction to being mocked.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
*opens up ms paint*

*clicks on the paint bucket icon*

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Who's ready to FIGHT FOR LA

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

fishing with the fam posted:

*opens up ms paint*

*clicks on the paint bucket icon*

*saves as jpg*

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How do you draft a two time super bowl winning quarterback and move a decade later?

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

How do you draft a two time super bowl winning quarterback and move a decade later?

rhetorical questions aren't supposed to have right answers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope they do a better job fighting for LA than they do fighting backlash of their poo poo logo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Doltos posted:

eli was right

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

Lmao

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I can't believe how badly the Chargers played themselves on this thing.

-They announce that they are loving over San Diego late on Wednesday
-The very next morning release a new logo (Either for marketing purposes or as an actual rebrand, doesn't matter), seemingly unaware that the extreme anger they just caused is going to cause backlash out the rear end.
-The logo itself honestly isn't that terrible. It's bland, but if they had just announced it on a much later date it probably wouldn't get the same level of hate and sheer mockery. But because the Chargers are loving idiots, they release a bland new logo directly after they give San Diego the middle finger, when everyone is already mad at them.
-They backpedal hardcore, delete the announcement tweet, claim the logo was just a temporary thing to help market the move or whatever, which reeks of "We didn't expect this amount of hate"
-They change the logo, but do not address any of the actual criticisms. Nobody was really laughing at the colors.

The Chargers are so dumb. I can almost guarantee you the logo was worked on for a while (or possibly shat out by a pro who had to do it in a weekend and didn't give a gently caress). I can also almost guarantee you that the similarity to the Dodgers logo was intentional, as "Los Angeles Brand Synergy". I can straight up see a Chargers executive pitching the new logo with that exact phrase.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

I can't wait to hear what the Montgomery Biscuits have to say about this turn of events.

Well, the sports world turns on the Biscuits and Iowa State's opinion.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Imagine being an owner coming out of this past season and somehow looking worse than Jed York.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

a neat cape posted:

What

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Febreeze posted:

The Chargers are so dumb. I can almost guarantee you the logo was worked on for a while (or possibly shat out by a pro who had to do it in a weekend and didn't give a gently caress). I can also almost guarantee you that the similarity to the Dodgers logo was intentional, as "Los Angeles Brand Synergy". I can straight up see a Chargers executive pitching the new logo with that exact phrase.

I'm sure its this. Dodgers hats are the most common piece of clothing in LA, they just wanted a piece of that familiarity.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Febreeze posted:

I can't believe how badly the Chargers played themselves on this thing.

-They announce that they are loving over San Diego late on Wednesday
-The very next morning release a new logo (Either for marketing purposes or as an actual rebrand, doesn't matter), seemingly unaware that the extreme anger they just caused is going to cause backlash out the rear end.
-The logo itself honestly isn't that terrible. It's bland, but if they had just announced it on a much later date it probably wouldn't get the same level of hate and sheer mockery. But because the Chargers are loving idiots, they release a bland new logo directly after they give San Diego the middle finger, when everyone is already mad at them.
-They backpedal hardcore, delete the announcement tweet, claim the logo was just a temporary thing to help market the move or whatever, which reeks of "We didn't expect this amount of hate"
-They change the logo, but do not address any of the actual criticisms. Nobody was really laughing at the colors.

Yeah I once did a logo design for a railroad company in Pennsylvania, I made about 8 really neat logos, in the end he just said "nah copy the Steelers logo to show we ship steel, just don't get me in legal trouble"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can I quit this team

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Nail Rat posted:

Who's ready to FIGHT FOR LAst place in the division

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Any designer will probably tell you that they have a lot less control over the design than most people believe. You basically come up with a ton of ideas and pitch it to the client at intervals and the client picks what they want and ask or demand certain changes until finally it's done and the designer is rarely happy with the result.

Clients aren't necessarily all bad people, they do have a brand to worry about and to be honest a lot of ideas the artist gets are probably crap that wouldn't work so reigning the designer in can be a good thing, but it also makes them very averse to risk and innovation and results in stuff like bland corporate poo poo like the logo we got and a general cluelessness.

a neat cape posted:

Can I quit this team

I genuinely don't think anyone can blame you or judge you if you do

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Can I quit this team

Nobody'd blame you

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

a neat cape posted:

Can I quit this team

You mean you haven't yet?

I think Dean must have taken an "intro to mspaint" class down at the learning annex and thought, "I got this."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Can I quit this team

yes

you can, and you should

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

a neat cape posted:

Can I quit this team

Come cheer for the Vikings. We have as tortured a history as the Chargers did. The coach is good, the GM is clever and the owners... well let's not talk about the owners.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Glass of Milk posted:

You mean you haven't yet?

Not yet. Not while Rivers is still there.

I love Philip Rivers

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Darth Brooks posted:

At the very least they should have done this:

To have the blue be so bad shows that it was a rush job, a knee jerk reaction to being mocked.

How has nobody tried two different colors for the two letters? So the lightning bolt is yellow crossing a blue A or whatever

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1/13/14262958/becoming-a-broncos-fan :xd:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DanSileoShow/status/820012737577316356

smh

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I personally don't care where my team is located at all. I'm not going to sit around in the town I grew up in so it doesn't matter to me where they physically are

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Time posted:

I personally don't care where my team is located at all. I'm not going to sit around in the town I grew up in so it doesn't matter to me where they physically are

does the awful, terrible owner bother you at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

chupacabraTERROR posted:

does the awful, terrible owner bother you at all?

well, im not a chargers fan. but he would and thats a great reason to walk away. there arent many good billionaire owners though so be prepared to walk from all non-packer teams

• Locked thread