Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001
A good, well researched article on what happened to Oregon this season if anyone cares - http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/how_the_oregon_ducks_football.html#incart_2box

Kind of confirms the thoughts that Helfrich isn't cut out to be a head coach, at least not at a high profile program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Let's just get to the heart of the matter.

Ketchup Based BBQ sauce > Vinegar Based BBQ Sauce

Mustard base and white sauce need not apply.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
For those who don't follow recruiting, OSU Early Enrollee Tate Martell decommitted from A&M and caused a million Aggies to melt the gently caress down as a result and start tweeting poo poo at him. So, while signing a few programs at the Army All-American game, he signed for a guy in an Aggie shirt is starting to make the rounds a bit among OSU fans.

I've read a million "Take the high road, bad attitude" takes about it, but as a terrible person/enemy of A&M athletics, I kind of love this. I only hope this is an indicator that we finally have a Cardale-level troll back in the program, but I can so totally see this ending poorly.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mods pls change this thread title to "A&M is rear end my dude"

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

There's a reason they bring you a special serrated knife when you order a steak, even if you order the most tender, most perfectly cooked filet mignon at a fancy restaurant. Steak just doesn't come apart all that easily, compared to many other foods. I have found that to be a failing every steak sandwich I've had that was like an actual single cut of beef steak on a roll or whatever. It is not the easiest food to tear apart with ones teeth, which is a bad quality for a sandwich filler.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

DJExile posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

drunk leprechaun posted:

There are plenty of other reasons to hate on Bert.

For example, his coaching ability. And his stupid loving face.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DJExile posted:

I'm all-Rush mixtape, and I approve this message.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

There's a reason they bring you a special serrated knife when you order a steak, even if you order the most tender, most perfectly cooked filet mignon at a fancy restaurant. Steak just doesn't come apart all that easily, compared to many other foods. I have found that to be a failing every steak sandwich I've had that was like an actual single cut of beef steak on a roll or whatever. It is not the easiest food to tear apart with ones teeth, which is a bad quality for a sandwich filler.

I think I understand what you mean, but chewy is not an adjective I want applied to my steak.

Anyhow, if you make a steak sandwich from leftovers (appropriate use imo), cut it in small chunks, and heat it carefully. Add sauce to taste. Enjoy.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A marinated steak of some sort is also a top tier option if you want to use it for sandwiches. Break down that protein and go to town.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Had Franklin for lunch today. Don't care about the rest of your poor beef choices.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thermos H Christ posted:

you have gone to some awful places if you can't bite a steak sandwich without the whole thing coming out when you pull away but then you do live in Texas so that's not surprising they gently caress up cooking a steak

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Ny strip is the best cut of steak.

Also if you're given a serrated knife to cut your steak you done hosed up im your restaurant choice son

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

okay but ribeyes are the best

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
eat whatcha like i wont judge

unless you put ketchup on your eggs

gross

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

TBeats posted:

eat whatcha like i wont judge

unless you put ketchup on your eggs

gross

gently caress you ketchup on scrambled eggs is delicious.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

drunk leprechaun posted:

gently caress you ketchup on scrambled eggs is delicious.

Nah. Hot sauce tho

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

whatever you put on your eggs is immaterial

the important part is that the eggs are poached with a runny yolk

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

whatever you put on your eggs is immaterial

Runny eggs are gross

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vyst posted:

Runny eggs are gross

No wonder you need to bury your eggs in hot sauce to disguise the taste if you cook them until the yolk is solid.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

vyst posted:

Nah. Hot sauce tho

Or use Whataburger spicy ketchup for the best of both.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

Or use Whataburger spicy ketchup for the best of both.

You can make that poo poo yourself just mix ground red pepper with ketchup

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

vyst posted:

You can make that poo poo yourself just mix ground red pepper with ketchup

They sell it in HEBs here, so I use that.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Scarf posted:

Also if you're given a serrated knife to cut your steak you done hosed up im your restaurant choice son

Yes absolutely no good steak is ever served with a steak knife good call

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

This and hot sauce

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

They sell it in HEBs here, so I use that.

It doesn't taste the same.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Pork is superior to beef in every application. EDIT: Except ground pork isn't that great and I love burgers, so I guess there's one thing beef does better.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Strobe posted:

Pork is superior to beef in every application. EDIT: Except ground pork isn't that great and I love burgers, so I guess there's one thing beef does better.

I love pork. I definitely eat a hell of a lot more pork than beef. But there is nothing in the pork world that comes close to a NY strip that's been cooked properly.

Nothing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

vyst posted:

Runny eggs are gross

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Runny eggs are amazing with grits. :colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

whiteyfats posted:

Runny eggs are amazing with grits. :colbert:

Runny eggs are loving rear end to clean up.

I say this as a server/busser/dishwasher. Nothing else except maybe cheese really requires any scrubbing to clean off the plates.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Runny eggs are loving rear end to clean up.

I say this as a server/busser/dishwasher. Nothing else except maybe cheese really requires any scrubbing to clean off the plates.

Ouch. Been there before.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Worth it, imo

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

egg over easy on a bagel with a bit of cream cheese and some hot sauce or sriracha is my go to breakfast

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Step 1: make sausage gravy from scratch
Step 2: bake some biscuits
Step 3: fry an egg over easy
Step 4: put the egg on the biscuit
Step 5: put the gravy over the egg

Now you're eatin Pig In A Hat, baby!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuits and gravy is a top tier breakfast, just make sure you have some hard manual labor coming up that day, or you might find yourself in a coma until the afternoon.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I always scramble my eggs til they're kinda golden brown toasty. Mix in a little bell pep and onion and some spices (garlic, bbq, cajun, lemon pepper, whatever I feel like). Yummy. I cant stand gooey eggs

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Emron posted:

I hate Bert because he's a piece of poo poo.

yeah for some reason the razorbacks like the idea of having a 400 pound pig sit on the sidelines and roll around in its own feces as a mascot so much we decided to go out and find a head coach that fits the same criteria????? idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Crotch Bat posted:

You're absolutely right, he is a good one. My mistake. Sometimes I get Michigan Men on the brain and boy I can't stop.

I responded to you for making 4-5 posts in a row over the offseason that criticized Harbaugh for doing absolutely normal things. It was really weird. "Can you guys believe this lunatic said that he likes to eat bacon for breakfast? lol, Michigan! Am I right?" (Also, the slight difference with Gendo's site was that the coach he was mocking was the coach of the program he roots for. Makes a little more sense!)

But I have come to realize that it was not just some weird trolling, rather nearly everyone on this forum has a strange visceral reaction to everything Harbaugh does. And I get it, he yells a lot, he says weird things, he complains too much, it's like Charlie Weis being really fat, easy target for everyone.

So go for it man, make as many posts on the issue as your heart desires. Here, I'll tee you up for one: Just the other day Jim Harbaugh's wife had their 7th child! Who the hell has 7 children anymore, especially at the age of 53. Is he a secret religious fanatic?

• Locked thread